PDA

View Full Version : Let NFL free agency begin

messym
03-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Lots of moves w/in the past 24 hours already...

-Bly to Denver for Tatum Bell...great deal for Denver. This will be one of the best CB tandems in the league

-Plummer to Tampa...I don't really get this one...Backing up Chris Sims??..I don't think he'll retire like he says though

-San Fran signs Clements to 8yr deal??..Good pick up for them and SF has been slowing improving every year..I can see them a playoff team w/in the next 2 years

-Pats sign A. Thomas..another good pick up to strengthen their D..plus 2 1st rounders in April.

Plus there are still a lot of good FA's out there.

messym
03-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Also forgot L. Fletcher going the skins...although they had a very poor history w/ FA

PerpetualHeaven
03-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Bucs just signed Jeff Garcia. So I doubt Plummer is going there. Plummers going some team where he can start.

Napoleon Harris is back on the market. He was excellent with the Raiders but I just read he's meeting up Bucs and Chiefs.

Wow, there are a lot of players who are available.

bdg7884
03-07-2007, 02:52 AM
Porter signed with the Dolphins. Henry with the Broncos. Just thought I would update it a little bit.

Fonkey Monkey
03-07-2007, 02:55 AM
lol the bucs have 8 Qb's...

messym
03-07-2007, 03:02 AM
I have a strong feeling that after FA and the draft that people will re-evaluating their picks for super bowl XLII.

Cause
03-07-2007, 04:52 AM
GO NINERS :)

Nate clemens, michael lewis,Aubrayo Franklin ,ashely lelie,Tully Banta-Cain how can't i be happy :) plus 12 picks in the first 4 rounds of the draft :)

Cause
03-07-2007, 05:09 AM
lol the bucs have 8 Qb's...
They need 8 qb's. Its bad when a 37 year older is the best qb on you staff. Chirs simms sucks

Smokez
03-07-2007, 05:33 AM
They need 8 qb's. Its bad when a 37 year older is the best qb on you staff. Chirs simms sucks

Chris Sims is good. He was having a good year until he Ruptured his spleen

AOS Puck
03-07-2007, 06:15 AM
FYI Jake Plummer did retire.

Also, I'm glad my Niners have been making improvements. I just hope that Lelie doesn't become the next Antonio Bryant for us.

Norad45
03-07-2007, 06:32 AM
Im hoping my Lions can pick up TJ Ducket and Kevin Curtis....cant wait untill Draft Day:locked

Smokez
03-07-2007, 07:32 AM
Miami Released Welker and McMicheal :( l Really like both of them and im sad to see them go. And Joey Harrinton also got Release.

So it looks like the Dolphins are sticking with Dante grrrrrrrrrrrr

bdg7884
03-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Miami Released Welker and McMicheal :( l Really like both of them and im sad to see them go. And Joey Harrinton also got Release.

So it looks like the Dolphins are sticking with Dante grrrrrrrrrrrr
Until they draft Brady Quinn ;) That's what all the mock drafts are showing. All I can say is go 49ers! They are taking leaps and strides to be better! Clements is going to be awesome!

Lykos
03-08-2007, 08:33 PM
The Browns just signed Jamal Lewis, so I'm expecting them to pass on Peterson now, leaving him wide open for other teams, perhaps the Texans.

And, Oh. My. Yes. Thomas Jones on the Jets.

bdg7884
03-08-2007, 11:19 PM
McGahee to the Ravens. I'm curious to see who the Browns take now picking up Lewis, and probably passing on Peterson.

Smokez
03-08-2007, 11:31 PM
l dont like Brady. And i dont think he is gonna be good anyways

Tripl299
03-09-2007, 01:27 AM
I hope that the dolphins will get brady, better then a daunte that you don't know if he will ever return to his previous form. But, come on, releasing Randy McMichael. He was probally their second best reciever. I don't like Joey Porter but i'm glad that he's a dolphin now. Just think, JT on oneside, Zach in the middle, and Joey on the other side. What a linebacking core. I know alot of you will say that JT is an end, but he played alot of linebacker last year. They move him around alot so that offenses can't key on him. Hope Rickey doesn't come back. He is nothing but trouble. As soon as we can get a quarterback that is above average, we have a shot. Our defense will just have to put up shutouts every week and Mare kick a few and we will be good to go!!

Smokez
03-09-2007, 05:30 AM
Ricky is one of my Favorite Football players. Well was until drugs. but u have to admit when he was Miamis Offense. im looking for a Repeat for Taylor and Miami to make the playoffs this year

Jdm
03-09-2007, 05:43 AM
GO NINERS :)

Nate clemens, michael lewis,Aubrayo Franklin ,ashely lelie,Tully Banta-Cain how can't i be happy :) plus 12 picks in the first 4 rounds of the draft :)

^^^I'm a bad Niners fan. I didn't even know they signed that many FAs already. They needed Nate to come help shut down opposing receivers. I suppose Ashely Lelie is Antonio Bryant's replacement? Let's see what happens in the draft. This is awesome!

SteelerXBox360
03-09-2007, 09:30 PM
I hope that the dolphins will get brady, better then a daunte that you don't know if he will ever return to his previous form. But, come on, releasing Randy McMichael. He was probally their second best reciever. I don't like Joey Porter but i'm glad that he's a dolphin now. Just think, JT on oneside, Zach in the middle, and Joey on the other side. What a linebacking core. I know alot of you will say that JT is an end, but he played alot of linebacker last year. They move him around alot so that offenses can't key on him. Hope Rickey doesn't come back. He is nothing but trouble. As soon as we can get a quarterback that is above average, we have a shot. Our defense will just have to put up shutouts every week and Mare kick a few and we will be good to go!!

Enjoy Porter, I for one will miss him as he got up for each and every game and was a leader on our team. We have lost almost all of our leaders in the past few years but this one hurt, Porter was my dawg!:(

So, Cowher and Porter both in the same season, they better get a good draft pick in April because this is not looking good right now...

bdg7884
03-09-2007, 11:50 PM
Enjoy Porter, I for one will miss him as he got up for each and every game and was a leader on our team. We have lost almost all of our leaders in the past few years but this one hurt, Porter was my dawg!:(

So, Cowher and Porter both in the same season, they better get a good draft pick in April because this is not looking good right now...
It's a bad time to be a Steelers fan! It seriously can't be a better time to be a 49ers fan(Except the old 49ers...) with all the moves there making and the draft they are about to have. ;)
Another update Rhodes to the Raiders. Not bad considering Jordan blows ass!

Cause
03-10-2007, 12:04 AM
i wouldn't worry about it. Also if Pittsburgh signs Andy Lee we get a 6 round pick too. We also in talks to get darrell jackson from seahawks and donte stallworth. Its a good time to be a niner fan. Its also a good time to be a patriot fan too.

Jdm
03-10-2007, 12:59 AM
i wouldn't worry about it. Also if Pittsburgh signs Andy Lee we get a 6 round pick too. We also in talks to get darrell jackson from seahawks and donte stallworth. Its a good time to be a niner fan. Its also a good time to be a patriot fan too.

^^^It sure is a good time to be a Niners fan!:woop:

PerpetualHeaven
03-10-2007, 02:41 AM
Raiders just picked up Dominic Rhodes as a back up. I think that's an awesome back up. Considering he was a starter for the colts, Jordan and Rhodes will be a great 1-2 punch. Plus, we have the first round pick!! Wooo!! Obviously we'll be trading off Randy Moss and possibly Jerry Porter hopefully for another 1st round pick or some young wide receiving talent.

Grim Reeper
03-10-2007, 06:03 AM
They won't get randy moss for a 1st round pick, I think they are asking for a 2nd round pick but the patriots don't have one because they spent it on wes walker (idiots).

IMO I think he is worth a 2nd round pick but its a risk.

Krazie
03-10-2007, 06:18 AM
Raiders just picked up Dominic Rhodes as a back up. I think that's an awesome back up. Considering he was a starter for the colts, Jordan and Rhodes will be a great 1-2 punch. Plus, we have the first round pick!! Wooo!! Obviously we'll be trading off Randy Moss and possibly Jerry Porter hopefully for another 1st round pick or some young wide receiving talent.

Yea.. Still the Raiders.. That's all I need to say :p

PerpetualHeaven
03-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Yea.. Still the Raiders.. That's all I need to say :p

Hey don't hate! We were just plagued with horrible QBs. Hopefully we'll pick up Jamarcus Russell instead of Quinn. And hopefully we don't do something stupid like pick up Calvin Johnson.

Norad45
03-11-2007, 07:26 AM
TJ Ducket goes to the Lions....We have some pretty good RB's now! Tatum Bell, Kevin Jones (If hes back), and now TJ:locked Lookin good!

Krazie
03-11-2007, 08:11 AM
I didn't comment on Clements coming to the 49ers, but, that is a HUGE signing for them. They need a good shutdown corner in their secondary, and they finally got one. They have some good young guys who stepped up last year, but adding him to the defense is a HUGE lift. If Alex Smith can get better and better as he plays, our team is starting to shape up nicely little by little. If Gore can keep his production from last year over the next couple of years, we might slowly start looking like a team that actually deserves a playoff opportunity again!

It's exciting because the 49ers rarely make big signings off of free agency anymore

Frakus
03-23-2007, 09:00 PM
Carr was just released by the Texans who do you think will grab him up first?

deathbypig37x
03-24-2007, 06:19 PM
I heard Plummer retired. I don't know.
Denver is going to be great this year though. They still have a great RB (Mike Bell), he's not great running up the gut, but does well running outside. I think Cutler just needs a good mentor to help him out, as far as QB's go. Now about defense, they already Have Champ Bailey, John Lynch, and Al Wilson, the addition of Dre' Bly will make their D like it was at the beggining of last season; phenomanal. (Besides losing to St. Louis, kicking all them damn field goals)

messym
03-25-2007, 12:03 PM
I'm pretty sure they either released or are shopping Al Wilson. Denver also made quite a few moves on offense at the receiver/TE position.

Cause
03-25-2007, 12:50 PM
I'm pretty sure they either released or are shopping Al Wilson. Denver also made quite a few moves on offense at the receiver/TE position.
They are shopping al wilson. I they want a 2 round pick for him and a pack up Linebacker.