PDA

View Full Version : How in the hell. . .

S1N1ST3R II X17
01-05-2010, 12:27 AM
. . .do so many people who visit this forum get the game before it's release date, I'm confused!!!

Genesis x360a
01-05-2010, 12:33 AM
They will most likely have a Flashed 360 or somebody they know will work somewhere and get them a copy early (but thats bullshit).

Insanemaniak
01-05-2010, 02:52 AM
Not really. Most my mates work in game stores (In England) and for big releases they have them weeks in advance and play them in the backroom on breaks but not allowed get or sell copy until release. (Unless Manager puts it on shelves early)

And also it depends on Region and what store. Most stores break the Release date for high anticipated games; Germany have had Bayonetta and Darksiders for I believe a week already and when this Friday (Release day) 2 weeks.

My mate's had Bayonetta for a week now and he doesn't flash or anything. So that's not always the case.

Kelekin
01-05-2010, 07:27 AM
Most rental companies will allow their staff to play games early. I know in my store's case, it's simply so that we can familiarize ourselves with the product in advance to assist others upon release. Legally, this doesn't break street date, since it is not being sold or used for any monetary gain.

Korobar
01-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Yeah. Having Darksiders since 30.12. They're selling it here since 28.12 or sth. like that. (Germany)

Xerofox
01-06-2010, 12:57 AM
I know that they don't really give a damn about release dates in the Netherlands for normal games, only highly anticipated games will get released on the set date. Bayonetta and Darksiders are in the shops for almost a week over here.

Serblander
01-06-2010, 01:51 AM
. . .do so many people who visit this forum get the game before it's release date, I'm confused!!!
I was sent my Darksiders package (review copy, poster and War figurine) from THQ before Christmas in order to review on our podcast: ThumbPad and website ThatAussieGameSite (http://www.thataussiegamesite.com.au/). That's the reason I and a few others who were posting tips here, had the copy so early.