PDA

View Full Version : Should You Get A BONUS Gamerscore For 100% Completion?

xthewhiterabbit
01-05-2010, 12:57 AM
should you get a bonus for completing a gamer entirely?

Seddo
01-05-2010, 01:00 AM
No definitely not.

vI-Youneek-Iv
01-05-2010, 01:03 AM
It would be like PS3 then cause to get a platinum Trophy you have to get all other trophies first.

ravensfanyuya
01-05-2010, 01:05 AM
no that would be dumb...i like how it is now in that it shows my completed game on the dashboard

Teh BeZ
01-05-2010, 01:23 AM
No that would be silly BUT I think we deffo need some form of recognition. maybe instead of that stupid "i have had like for x years" button on the gamertag maybe should change the number to complete games OR even have an option to compare only completed games ? I dunno lol

danjohnson58
01-05-2010, 01:23 AM
no that would be dumb...i like how it is now in that it shows my completed game on the dashboard
You and me both! Only wish we could toggle DLC on and off, I've lost about 5 complete games to it, frustrates me haha.

Starstrukk X360A
01-05-2010, 01:27 AM
No.
I really don't see the point in it.

CannibalCorpseFTW
01-05-2010, 01:33 AM
Surely if it awarded you say an extra 10G for getting to 1K, then wouldnt it look a bit weird if your 100% completion gave you 1010 gamerscore?? I dont know about you, but putting DLC aside....seeing that big ol' 1000 next to your maxed out game is satisfaction enough for me :)

A ZombieTwinkie
01-05-2010, 01:59 AM
Yea-no.

I agree with Youneek. It would be too much like PS3, and we all know that wouldn't fly well with the fanboys.

I think having the 1000 next to a game is good enough. Having an extra like, 10 GS or whatever would just throw things off.

xthewhiterabbit
01-05-2010, 02:19 AM
ilike the idea the guy above said, instead of number of years have the amount of completed games. seems the extra gamerscore is a lame idea.

Lord Yamikage
01-05-2010, 02:31 AM
ilike the idea the guy above said, instead of number of years have the amount of completed games. seems the extra gamerscore is a lame idea.
:whs

If I'm not mistaken, the Dashboard (the display of your total completed game[s], your gamescore/total gamerscore, and your achievements/total achievements) is only available for your own eyes only. Friends and public can't see how much completed game you have, the total gamerscore, and the total achievements. Just to have that available for the public eyes would be great. Then people can see how much game you completed, how much gamerscore you have out of the total gamerscore, and how much achievement[s] you have out of total achievements.

RyanDub815
01-05-2010, 02:42 AM
I just like looking at my completion card, thats all the bonus I need for comleteing a game!

lordrex217
01-05-2010, 02:48 AM
i'd like it if it gave you something like an avatar item or a gamer pic. it would be nice to be able to show something off for completing a game.

Absolutionz
01-05-2010, 03:52 AM
Nah. I mean, maybe something trivial like a piece of avatar clothing or something like that. But, definitely not any extra gamerscore or anything like that.

dakisbac
01-05-2010, 04:02 AM
I'd like a 0 score achievement for each game for "earning all the other achievements"

ApochWeiss
01-05-2010, 04:21 AM
I'd like a 0 score achievement for each game for "earning all the other achievements"

See now that's exactly the same thing as the PS3 trophies. And OP, did you complete Tekken 6 yet? When you unlock all the achievements you get an achievement. Can't remember how many points it's for though, if any.

I'm all for the aforementioned suggestion of the # of completed games where the years of being a member of live goes. I feel that would be more suiting.

R Rated Love
01-05-2010, 09:38 AM
If someone wants to see how many games I have completed, they can compare games with me. If anything, perhaps when someone clicks "compare games", maybe at the bottom there would be a count of how many you have completed vs. how many they have.

I feel everything is pretty good how it is, though. It should be about quality, not quantity. Nobody gives a shit that you 1000'd Avatar.

Edit - I acknowledge that this conversation has gone in a different direction than originally intended. As per the OP's idea, I'm not a fan. Seeing that 1000 is already indicative of having completed the game. Extra gamerscore or an extra achievement is just redundant.

bapae
01-05-2010, 09:48 AM
I think it would be nice though if people could see your completed games list just like viewing achievements.

Graivul
01-05-2010, 10:23 AM
I don't think it would work to be honest, like some other posters have said it would look weird if the 100% score for a game was 1010 or something.

Besides don't most games already sort of have 100% achievement anyway? I mean look at Forza 3 "Solid Gold" or or a few on MW2 like complete the game on the set difficulty levels and get all 96 stars in Special Ops. I think all games have a completionist style achievement be it aquire x amount of collectables, or visit all locations etc.

RuYi
01-05-2010, 12:46 PM
I don't see the need. The game showing up at the completed games list is enough reward for me really.

Daiphyer.
01-05-2010, 04:05 PM
I believe that's what Avatar Awards were first invented for. And Gamerpictures too, but developers are too lazy, and none of them really gives a shit about gamerscores. Well except Valve.

Da CRU Mughhh
01-05-2010, 04:25 PM
I don't see this needed! Some games do give you an achievement for completing the game. It just goes in with your 1000g

Like x-men you have to get all the 950g in the game and you unlock the last 50g to complete the game :)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/110/xm-16-5y84tf.jpgX-men 50:gsicon:
This achievement is awarded when the player profile accumulates 950 achievement score!

Tufty
01-05-2010, 04:31 PM
No I don't, I love when you get a game 1000G, not 1000+G. If anything they should stop DLC achievements, but we all know that will never happen because 'DLC+ACHIEVEMENTS=$$$$$$$$'.

McKaystyles
01-05-2010, 04:38 PM
No, 100%ing a game really doesn’t make you special… it just means you got every possible gamerscore out of it… that’s all… sorry to burst your bubble pal. also SF4 had ssomething like that, sort of like a platinum

Hudson888
01-05-2010, 05:32 PM
What would be the point in that, then people would start saying "should you get an extra achievement for getting an achievement.

Q ipoddy Q
01-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Maybe not extra gamerscore but maybe some MS points??? maybe like 80 -200 MS points for completing a game, not a lot but it adds up and gives you more of an insentive to complete a game 100%

R Rated Love
01-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Maybe not extra gamerscore but maybe some MS points??? maybe like 80 -200 MS points for completing a game, not a lot but it adds up and gives you more of an insentive to complete a game 100%

When the 360 first came out and I started earning gamerscore, I had no idea about the whole gamerscore/MS Points system, and actually thought when I'd unlock 20 gamerscore, it was 20 MS points.

That being said, I don't believe at all that Microsoft should reward you monetarily for completing a game. All it would do is increase prices on games, probably moreso than the amount of points you'd be receiving. Wouldn't be worth it for anybody involved. (Would be able to make a new gamertag, beat 4 easy sports/kids games in a few hours, download an arcade game, rinse, repeat, and eventually have an entire library of arcade games)

tremberz
01-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Depending on how hard the game is (done by percentage of people completing the game) you should bonus microsoft points, not gamerscore. For example completing TMNT or Avatar you should get something like 10 microsoft points for completing the game, however if you complete something hard like Devil May Cry 4 you should get 200 microsoft points. I think that would give gamerscore more of a "purpose".

mosin360
01-05-2010, 06:40 PM
No, I don't think its a good idea.

Dustinator
01-05-2010, 07:11 PM
"bonus" gamerscore whether it equals 1,000 or 1,010 or whatever isn't a good idea IMO. It seems a cheap way to give out gamerscore. Unoriginal.

And whoever said we should get Microsoft points for completing games or for getting gamerscore is a fool. This is Microsoft we're talking about here. lol

Sizzlebuzz
01-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Personally, I don't think the idea of getting something special for completing a game sounds too horrible. Although, getting more gamer score is a bad idea.

CaptainSpanner
01-05-2010, 08:27 PM
I think thats a 'not very good' idea. 1000G for completing a whole game is fine.

R a z z a
01-05-2010, 08:29 PM
i think the game title should GOLD on the achievements list... :)

MasonW94
01-05-2010, 09:37 PM
No. This idea is retarded.

tremberz
01-05-2010, 10:14 PM
"bonus" gamerscore whether it equals 1,000 or 1,010 or whatever isn't a good idea IMO. It seems a cheap way to give out gamerscore. Unoriginal.

And whoever said we should get Microsoft points for completing games or for getting gamerscore is a fool. This is Microsoft we're talking about here. lol

I'm not saying it will happen, it won't. But I am sure people wouldn't complain about getting free microsoft points for getting gamerscore. Such a foolish thing to say.

Suzuka Miyamoto
01-06-2010, 01:22 AM
should you get a bonus 10-100GS for completing a gamer entirely?

Sorry but it all sounds like a bad idea.:(

R Rated Love
01-06-2010, 01:29 AM
I'm not saying it will happen, it won't. But I am sure people wouldn't complain about getting free microsoft points for getting gamerscore. Such a foolish thing to say.

Yeah, and I wouldn't complain if I was paid to not show up to work, either. Now, back to reality...

It's one of those ideas that if I were 13, I'd have immediately jumped on board with, but realizing how the world actually works, it just isn't practical to even suggest.

(To even think of it realistically, you'd have to realize that it'd restructure the way MS points work entirely. If they started giving 100 points per game completion, you could probably expect games to start costing 10000+ points. Dollar value wouldn't change at all, so that 10000 MS point game would still only cost $8 or whatever their conversion currently is, MS points would simply lose their value in the marketplace.)

oO DyNoMiT3 Oo
01-06-2010, 03:34 AM
I don't see the need. The game showing up at the completed games list is enough reward for me really.

I agree, If you want something for finishing the game get a PS 3.

DaedolusNL
01-06-2010, 12:31 PM
No the 100% is an award in itsself.
but I would like it if MS put a number of completed games next to the number of played years on Xbox live, you could spot the amount of 100%'s in a second i'd find it pretty cool

RadiantViper
01-06-2010, 12:48 PM
No the 100% is an award in itsself.
but I would like it if MS put a number of completed games next to the number of played years on Xbox live, you could spot the ammount of 100%'s in a second i'd find it pretty cool

^This

I think more games should come with in-game bonuses or things like themes/Avatar items for achievements though.

Crazy Joker 16
01-06-2010, 05:48 PM
No I don't agree, as other people have said the 100% is a reward itself.

ImpendIn_Agony
01-06-2010, 05:57 PM
No. This idea is retarded.

Seconded, definitely seconded:p

xthewhiterabbit
01-06-2010, 06:36 PM
oh god, this thread is still going. i leave for a day and come back and i realize it actually got posts. it is a bad idea, for a number of reasons. ah,w/e post away i guess.

DaedolusNL
01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
oh god, this thread is still going. i leave for a day and come back and i realize it actually got posts. it is a bad idea, for a number of reasons. ah,w/e post away i guess.

Well yeah the idea was indeed pretty bad.. but that doesn't mean this isn't an interesting thread I think everyone here would agree that there should be some kind of reward for 100% completion.. its just a shame there isn't..

R Rated Love
01-06-2010, 09:04 PM
Well yeah the idea was indeed pretty bad.. but that doesn't mean this isn't an interesting thread I think everyone here would agree that there should be some kind of reward for 100% completion.. its just a shame there isn't..

Is the satisfaction and presence on your gamercard not reward enough? The sense of entitlement people possess these days seriously blows my mind.

People need to get a grip. "Microsoft should pay me to play video games!". Yeah. Ok.

Kairi
01-06-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't think you should get a bonus gamerscore at all.

McKaystyles
01-06-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't think you should get a bonus gamerscore at all. get off this site...now

just kidding!!lolz

ImpendIn_Agony
01-06-2010, 09:13 PM
I guess once they start using the avatar awards more often, they could be seen as an extra bonus for playing. In the end though, how much more can you ask for? The score itself is bonus.

_DaNnY_
01-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Is the satisfaction and presence on your gamercard not reward enough? The sense of entitlement people possess these days seriously blows my mind.

People need to get a grip. "Microsoft should pay me to play video games!". Yeah. Ok.

Entitlement is more "I'm a human and I want it so I should have it unconditionally"

I think is more an issue of conditioning, we're conditioned all our lives by rewards. Rewards act as an agent of external motivation to do something you would usually be less inclined to do.

So basically.. if you work you're ass off on a game its commonly felt YOU DESERVE something, not that you just have it for nothing which would be entitlement.

Deservance and entitlement are two different things.

xthewhiterabbit
01-06-2010, 10:55 PM
alright folks, i changed the OP. by Reward i mean anything from gamerscore bonus, avatar award,in-game awards,discount on DLC for that game, heck i dont know, you all have an imagination; use it!

i really didnt mean for this thread to go on this long because i also thought the idea was pretty bad.

R Rated Love
01-07-2010, 04:46 AM
Entitlement is more "I'm a human and I want it so I should have it unconditionally"

I think is more an issue of conditioning, we're conditioned all our lives by rewards. Rewards act as an agent of external motivation to do something you would usually be less inclined to do.

So basically.. if you work you're ass off on a game its commonly felt YOU DESERVE something, not that you just have it for nothing which would be entitlement.

Deservance and entitlement are two different things.

You're right, they are two different things; Entitlement is a word, while deservance is not. :rolleyes:

You're clearly missing the point, though, regardless of which word is there. The achievements themselves are what is supposed to act as that "agent of external motivation to do something you would usually be less inclined to do". Is there really a need to have achievements for achievements?

RadiantViper
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
You're right, they are two different things; Entitlement is a word, while deservance is not. :rolleyes:

You're clearly missing the point, though, regardless of which word is there. The achievements themselves are what is supposed to act as that "agent of external motivation to do something you would usually be less inclined to do". Is there really a need to have achievements for achievements?

Of course there's no need (stupid question, there's no need for achievements in the first place), but it would be cool. Games already give out 'awards' for things, it would just be another way to do so.

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Maybe items for avatars or something, but not extra GS.

Steelhead
01-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Just having the full 1K is fine by me. A bonus is an interesting idea but not really necessary.

I like the idea of avatar awards that some games have inserted.

xEndriux
01-07-2010, 03:08 PM
could be nice but it is also an incentive for cheating

Muhnamana
01-07-2010, 03:16 PM
No. But I would think some recognition should be in store. Maybe a fancy gamerpic to complement your 100% completion.

dzstarr6668
01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
you already get a bonus in my opinion.

satisfaction for a job well done. after i reach 1000gs for completing a game, i feel pretty damn good about it. thats my bonus