PDA

View Full Version : Return to Ostagar Delayed?!

Dredgon
01-05-2010, 02:23 AM
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but according to the BioWare forums Return to Ostagar has been delayed, no reason given, on the eve of its release!!!!! At least we have Mass Effect 2 in a couple of weeks!

Here's the link: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/541856/1

ODST Kayne
01-05-2010, 02:29 AM
God dammit! I hate how they don't give a reason too. "You know that DLC you guys have been waiting for? You can't has. Bye!" Really bothers me.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
01-05-2010, 02:31 AM
The 1 achievement has even been updated onto Xbox.com etc. Wondering what the delay will be for.

Esker
01-05-2010, 02:33 AM
Great, so I'm stuck with those glitched DLC achievements for another as of yet undetermined amount of time, for an as of yet undisclosed reason. Fantastic.

Method
01-05-2010, 02:49 AM
Yeah, I read this over there a couple hours ago. Although a reason would be nice, I'd rather buy a glitch free DLC than one riddled with errors and unobtainable achievements. I understand why everyone's upset but try and see it from that perspective and it helps take the sting out :).

digitalink
01-05-2010, 03:21 AM
they prob don't want to make the mistake bethesda did with the pitt and operation anchorage. the caught a lot of flak for releasing buggy dlcs. they were able to fix it within a few days so i imagine bioware's delay won't last long.

Amazing69
01-05-2010, 04:02 AM
This is bull I love the game and if the DLC is good I don't care about the achievements but only 25G in the DLC is Total bull, it kind of makes me worry that is they go for the 1750 at 25 at a time by the time the game gets to 1750 it would have cost up over $300 in possibly Bad DLC.

StephenJ360
01-05-2010, 06:59 AM
they prob don't want to make the mistake bethesda did with the pitt and operation anchorage. the caught a lot of flak for releasing buggy dlcs. they were able to fix it within a few days so i imagine bioware's delay won't last long.

Am I the only one that never had an issue with bugs on Fallout? I woke up early everyday for the DLC's, bought them around 10 a.m. and played them straight through until they were milked dry the same day and saw not a single issue with ANY of them.

Pearson
01-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Same with me, I didn't have any problems with the Fallout 3 DLC's and I haven't had any of DA's achievements glitch on me either. Guess I've been very lucky not to have anything glitch on me.

Graivul
01-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Well I have not experienced any problems with Dragon Age. Shame about the DLC but I am sure I am not the only one who would rather have a working DLC later than a buggy one right now.

General Boredom
01-05-2010, 03:57 PM
They delayed the DLC, but they also confirmed the rumored expansion, so not all of today's Dragon Age news was terrible.

I'm not too bummed though, Return to Ostagar doesn't look like anything spectacular; most likely something that can be finished in 20 minutes or less.

Jemocasa
01-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Son a of b****! I was so looking forward to this and it's delayed. Damn!

Pearson
01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
They'll probably add it onto the game expansion that is coming out this March instead of Jan or Feb. I just can't figure out why they just found something wrong with it on the eve of it's release instead of days or weeks earlier.

Hybridchld
01-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Given the achievement was only added to xbox.com yesterday they may have found that it was having the same achievement issue as the earlier ones. Would explain that last minute delay.

I doubt they decided to add it to the expansion at the last minute as they would have been planning the expansion for months by now.

Grimfel
01-05-2010, 07:33 PM
How much are you all getting paid to be benevolent?? This is BS... plain and simple. AND... why do we all assume that this is just an xbox problem? They said it was delayed across ALL platforms. Perhaps it's because of those bastards over at PS3 and some total BS that they have come up with. They stated back in 09 that it was going to be delayed on xbox because they hadn't worked the glitches out on ps3 and they wanted a simultaneous release. (oh the innuendos.... ;]) SOOOOO.... perhaps that is still the problem, in which case I say this sucks!

Sentok
01-07-2010, 02:54 AM
This is bull I love the game and if the DLC is good I don't care about the achievements but only 25G in the DLC is Total bull, it kind of makes me worry that is they go for the 1750 at 25 at a time by the time the game gets to 1750 it would have cost up over $300 in possibly Bad DLC.

Considering they dropped the price down on this a lot, and the expansion coming out in march will probably have at least 250 achievement points, I don't really see this as being a problem. And since it is delayed, they may end up adding another achievement onto it to make it 50 points like the other DLCs were.

That and I don't see any indication that they will release bad DLC.

ODST Kayne
01-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Any news on the DLC? Like why it was delayed or when it's coming out?

Amazing69
01-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Considering they dropped the price down on this a lot, and the expansion coming out in march will probably have at least 250 achievement points, I don't really see this as being a problem. And since it is delayed, they may end up adding another achievement onto it to make it 50 points like the other DLCs were.

That and I don't see any indication that they will release bad DLC.

Well my friend at EA works in games testing told me it will be a new set of achievements as a new game. He told me his not sure it will have the full 1000 but it will be a new set.

BILE1418
01-09-2010, 08:26 AM
Any news when the DLC is coming out.

mickjsg
01-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Am I the only one that never had an issue with bugs on Fallout? I woke up early everyday for the DLC's, bought them around 10 a.m. and played them straight through until they were milked dry the same day and saw not a single issue with ANY of them.

I never had any problem with the Fallout DLC either, though almost everyone I know online & offline had problems with it.

I heard the GOTY Edition of Fallout was even more glitchy than the DLC though.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
01-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Well my friend at EA works in games testing told me it will be a new set of achievements as a new game. He told me his not sure it will have the full 1000 but it will be a new set.

Well it's not going to be the 1000 as it's not a new game.

I presume it will be like Shivering Isles was to Oblivion. At the end of the day DA can go to 1750 max and its currently at what 1125... I guess that after this new expansion it will be at 1375 and the big expansion will only be 250G as Bioware have said they plan DLC for this for like 2 years.

Also the delayed DLC achievement has been announed that it is to kill the ogre that killed King Cailin.

xxJUSTINxx
01-09-2010, 04:45 PM

I presume it will be like Shivering Isles was to Oblivion. At the end of the day DA can go to 1750 max and its currently at what 1125... I guess that after this new expansion it will be at 1375 and the big expansion will only be 250G as Bioware have said they plan DLC for this for like 2 years.

Also the delayed DLC achievement has been announed that it is to kill the ogre that killed King Cailin.

Two years of DLC, now thats going to cost a lot over the long run.

Amazing69
01-09-2010, 07:38 PM

Also the delayed DLC achievement has been announed that it is to kill the ogre that killed King Cailin. Wow so do you work at EA do you have the inside like I told you he's not sure that it will be a 1000 but he is sure it will be a lot as he is one of the testers and the DLC has over 30 achievements like he told me 800 or a bit less. So please is you are going to contradict me please do it with some evidence first. So again it will be a new set of achievements and they will be apart for the Dragon Age Origins achievements like he told be it will be under Dragons age Awakening A SECOND SET OF ACHIEVEMENTS.

P.S. 2 years of Achievements for Dragon Age Origin

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
01-09-2010, 07:57 PM
Well like I said a game can have a max of 1750G on offer and it's not a new game that has already been said so we already know what he seem's to have told you or what your making up is mostly rubbish.

It has either got to be DLC or a new game which I dont see happening. I guess they might could sell it as a seperate game but that would be a bit stupid if you ask me especially as it 'Might not have 1000G on offer'.

Bioware already released statements saying that they will be releasing DLC for DA: Origins for the next 2 years.

This DLC coming in March has also been mentioned as a DLC add on for DA Origins.

I presume the DLC will be released under then name of Dragon Age Awakening etc and probably offer something like 250G to Dragon Age Origins. As they have mentioned 2 years of DLC I can't see it going over 250G as they would be running closer to the 1750G limit pretty early into this '2 years of DLC'.

RadiantViper
01-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Wow so do you work at EA do you have the inside like I told you he's not sure that it will be a 1000 but he is sure it will be a lot as he is one of the testers and the DLC has over 30 achievements like he told me 800 or a bit less. So please is you are going to contradict me please do it with some evidence first. So again it will be a new set of achievements and they will be apart for the Dragon Age Origins achievements like he told be it will be under Dragons age Awakening A SECOND SET OF ACHIEVEMENTS.

P.S. 2 years of Achievements for Dragon Age Origin

My whole FAMILY works at EA, the new expansion will have 7000 gamerscore with over 200 achievements !!! See, I can make shit up too!

Where exactly is your evidence, anyways?

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
01-09-2010, 08:08 PM
^^ I wasn't that forward but I thought what you said anyway haha.

Anyway - http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76824

This also add's to my suspiscions that it will be a Shivering Isles (Oblivion) kind of add on. But I don't think that this will be a download and play on the original game disc game though as it has been mentioned that this DLC will play with either a new character or you can download your original character onto this.

But then Shivering Isles was also a new area of the original world so I guess we need more info to decide anyway.

Dredgon
01-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Well, a post on the BioWare forums said that it will be coming next month, but I'll be too busy with Mass Effect 2 to care, but then Awakening comes out in March, and that will be sick. I seriously doubt that it will only have a few achievements, I think it could stand alone and have its own set like the GTA IV expansions. I love how your decisions at the end of the game carryover like ME, and BioWare is awesome!!!!!

Sizzlebuzz
01-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Well, a post on the BioWare forums said that it will be coming next month, but I'll be too busy with Mass Effect 2 to care, but then Awakening comes out in March, and that will be sick. I seriously doubt that it will only have a few achievements, I think it could stand alone and have its own set like the GTA IV expansions. I love how your decisions at the end of the game carryover like ME, and BioWare is awesome!!!!!

Well, if that's true, I am going to lose everyone except Alistair lol. I wonder how that will work. I doubt those choices will have a large effect. All I know, is I better still be able to use my ownage party :(.

DOOKH8R
01-10-2010, 01:44 AM
If Bioware didn't make such awesome games, I would be more pissed at the delays.

Amazing69
01-10-2010, 03:06 AM
^^ I wasn't that forward but I thought what you said anyway haha.

Anyway - http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=76824

This also add's to my suspiscions that it will be a Shivering Isles (Oblivion) kind of add on. But I don't think that this will be a download and play on the original game disc game though as it has been mentioned that this DLC will play with either a new character or you can download your original character onto this.

But then Shivering Isles was also a new area of the original world so I guess we need more info to decide anyway. I really don't care what you think or believe or what ever. All I did was tell you what I was told I can't give any names or anything because like every thing my friend was not supposed to tell me so I can't give any names so take it or leave it all I did what tell you what I know. But take a sec an think about this has there every been a $39.99 game expansion with only 250G that's a lot of money for 250G. Oblivion and The GTA Episodes were only $19.99 and like I said the game will not have 1000G.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
01-10-2010, 01:57 PM
I really don't care what you think or believe or what ever. All I did was tell you what I was told I can't give any names or anything because like every thing my friend was not supposed to tell me so I can't give any names so take it or leave it all I did what tell you what I know. But take a sec an think about this has there every been a $39.99 game expansion with only 250G that's a lot of money for 250G. Oblivion and The GTA Episodes were only $19.99 and like I said the game will not have 1000G.

Well actually the Shivering Isles expansion was pretty much 20 in stores in the UK which with the exchange rates at the time was about $35 in the US so yeah I still think this will be a SI kind of expansion.

Yuitsu
01-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Hurry up with the DLC darnit. I'm pretty much snowed in here and said snow means I haven't gotten my copy of Bayonetta :(

Amazing69
01-10-2010, 09:55 PM
Shivering Isles is $30. How can I trust you if you can't get your facts straight? :p Also, that's terrible logic - just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mean it can't happen ever (and I'm pretty sure game companies don't decide their pricing solely on the amount of gamerscore). Awakening has been confirmed to be in download form which suggests it will be a DLC, and as such add on to the original DA:O list.

If you really don't care what we think, why are you still posting about it? Wait you need to trust me now OMG do you need your Mommy now. So I made an error in the price of Shivering Isles and now you don't trust me hahaha look don't care and when it comes out remember I TOLD YOU SO.

ODST Kayne
01-10-2010, 10:34 PM
I'm probably just spending the MS point i have been saving for this. You don't slate a date, and push it back the night before, and it's almost been a week! Poor performance.

Sizzlebuzz
01-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Wait, are you guys now talking about awakening or Ostagar? I thought Ostagar was supposed to be a minimal DLC just like warden's keep and Shale.

Amazing69
01-11-2010, 12:14 AM
This is the funniest thing I've read in a long time, haha :p Really shows how you 'dont care' when you keep posting. I never said you were wrong, btw - it's just ridiculous how you accuse others of having no evidence and you have none yourself. OMG are you 5 so do I have to give up my friends name at EA so he can get fired so you can have prof what a child you are grow up. I posted what I know and that is it simple and again when it comes out I TOLD YOU SO.

ODST Kayne
01-11-2010, 01:42 AM
Wait, are you guys now talking about awakening or Ostagar? I thought Ostagar was supposed to be a minimal DLC just like warden's keep and Shale.

Hey! He's right! Move your little argument to the right thread amazing and viper!

Keizaron
01-11-2010, 03:58 PM
OMG are you 5 so do I have to give up my friends name at EA so he can get fired so you can have prof what a child you are grow up. I posted what I know and that is it simple and again when it comes out I TOLD YOU SO.First off, if you continue to make, by far, the stupidest posts I've ever seen in my 10 years of going onto Internet forums, then you need to grow up.

I would like you all to know that I personally know each and every BioWare/EA Games employee, and they said they're going to release a special edition of Dragon Age: Origins that comes with Mass Effect 17, Dragon Age: Pre-Origins 1.3, has a life-like dildo replica of Commander Shepard's voice actor, and a personal autograph from Amazing69's friend.

/thread

RadiantViper
01-11-2010, 08:27 PM
Hey! He's right! Move your little argument to the right thread amazing and viper!

You're right, my bad. I deleted my posts. I've PM'ed him, just trying to get the idiot to shut up ... sorry.

On-topic: Has there been no news whatsover? This is getting pretty annoying.

Dredgon
01-11-2010, 11:21 PM
I guess it's about time the truth came out. I am actually David Gaider, writer of Dragon Age, and the reason for the delay is we are prepping it for the SE coming out that Keizaron mentioned. Sorry for the mix up, but that's why I started this thread in the first place!

Devil Sora
01-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Isn't this thread supose to be about Return to Ostagar? Not Awakening. . . . anywho

I could care less when the DLC is released I'm still playing the core game and the other DLC sets

in two weeks time Mass Effect will hit store shelves and you can damn well be sure that I'll be all over that.

come March and we have Awakening RtO wont be THAT big a deal, but lets try to stay on topic.

Devil Sora
01-12-2010, 12:44 AM
First off, if you continue to make, by far, the stupidest posts I've ever seen in my 10 years of going onto Internet forums, then you need to grow up.

I would like you all to know that I personally know each and every BioWare/EA Games employee, and they said they're going to release a special edition of Dragon Age: Origins that comes with Mass Effect 17, Dragon Age: Pre-Origins 1.3, has a life-like dildo replica of Commander Shepard's voice actor, and a personal autograph from Amazing69's friend.

/thread

LMFAO yes!!!! amazing!!! man. . . . epic post. f-ing EPIC!

Sentok
01-12-2010, 01:49 PM
First off, if you continue to make, by far, the stupidest posts I've ever seen in my 10 years of going onto Internet forums, then you need to grow up.

/thread

After reading your post, I don't think I'll be getting awakening. That frightens me on levels I didn't know existed.

Dr Nilsson
01-12-2010, 03:33 PM
Off-topic: Awakening wont get 1000 gamerscore."Will Awakening be like a full 360 title and provide 1000 achievement score? No. Awakening is an expansion pack, not a new title so the limit is reduced by MS." http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/576445%26lf%3D8#595602

Sentok
01-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Also, after wading through the muck that is the Bioware forums this morning, a developer said that they were in the final stages of testing and that the release should come soon. No really idea what his concept of soon is, but here's hoping for the next few days.

DOOKH8R
01-12-2010, 10:19 PM
next few days would be sweet. unlikely. but sweet

Sizzlebuzz
01-12-2010, 10:26 PM
Also, after wading through the muck that is the Bioware forums this morning, a developer said that they were in the final stages of testing and that the release should come soon. No really idea what his concept of soon is, but here's hoping for the next few days.

Indeed, lets hope. But who really knows. It's a pretty small DLC anyway it seems.

dfenseOwnsu
01-13-2010, 03:00 AM
i hope the release fixes the broken dlc achievements from the first DLC that was released with the game i got those achievements on teh first day and they still dont show up on my xbox profile.

RadiantViper
01-13-2010, 05:14 AM
i hope the release fixes the broken dlc achievements from the first DLC that was released with the game i got those achievements on teh first day and they still dont show up on my xbox profile.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/600076

"On January 13, there will be an update to the XBox 360 version of Dragon Age: Origins. This update will resolve an issue that caused the four achievements earned from the Warden's Keep and Stone Prisoner DLC to not appear during the first four days of the game's launch. If you have already completed the requirements for these achievements, they will appear automatically when you next start Dragon Age: Origins while signed in to the EA servers."

Devil Sora
01-13-2010, 06:43 AM
http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/9/index/600076

"On January 13, there will be an update to the XBox 360 version of Dragon Age: Origins. This update will resolve an issue that caused the four achievements earned from the Warden's Keep and Stone Prisoner DLC to not appear during the first four days of the game's launch. If you have already completed the requirements for these achievements, they will appear automatically when you next start Dragon Age: Origins while signed in to the EA servers."

much obliged Viper so thats good I'll come home tommorow and finish up perfectionist and then bam have my game completion at 100% till RtO

Tsuarn
01-13-2010, 01:05 PM
ive been reading these forums for a while so i decided to register

ontopic:

i just completed Return to ostagar, its funny to be back there :p
but for my tast a bit short

lordrex217
01-13-2010, 01:40 PM
i just completed Return to ostagar, its funny to be back there :p
but for my tast a bit short

when did it come out? i didn't see RtO on the marketplace this morning.

dfenseOwnsu
01-13-2010, 03:03 PM
apparently you have to actually buy it from int he game load your game go to menu go to Downloadable content it is their for 400 points.

dfenseOwnsu
01-13-2010, 03:10 PM
oh and btw the title update didnt fix my damn broken achievements thanks bio ware.

dfenseOwnsu
01-13-2010, 04:38 PM
RTO is about 2 hours long very weak.

dfenseOwnsu
01-14-2010, 02:53 AM
i recovered my gt and finally got the achievements i earned on day one lol

Keizaron
01-19-2010, 04:26 PM
Holy fuck, just edit your post.

Gamerdude5448
01-20-2010, 02:27 AM
Does anyone even realize that it is not possible to kill the ogre that killed King Callian because it is already dead!!!!!!! REMEMBER DUNCAN KILLED IT!!!! This is probably why it got delayed.

Devil Sora
01-20-2010, 03:58 AM
Does anyone even realize that it is not possible to kill the ogre that killed King Callian because it is already dead!!!!!!! REMEMBER DUNCAN KILLED IT!!!! This is probably why it got delayed.

Dude chillaxify. . . . it explains it in the DLC. . . .

still waiting for it to drop though. . . . the DLC not the Ogre.

Gamerdude5448
04-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Dude chillaxify. . . . it explains it in the DLC. . . .

still waiting for it to drop though. . . . the DLC not the Ogre.

Yeah, sorry bout' that just got bored and felt like being angry:)