PDA

View Full Version : Which do you find more impressive?

Absolutionz
01-05-2010, 06:58 PM
Do you find a big gamerscore, or a good completion percentage more impressive?

Personally, I find/tend to lean towards completion percentage. In my opinion, anybody can get a big gamerscore, but a good completion percentage is a lot harder to do.

What do you think?

Hudson888
01-05-2010, 07:00 PM
I wouldnt really say i get "impressed" by people scores or completion rate, i really only complete and get achievements for myself, im not in a competition.
Saying that, i o find it more annoying when i look at my games that i dont have 1000 on, and theres alot. So this year, im aiming to get more 1000's on games.

I went for completion though, based on my games list, cause i guess it does look more "impressive"

Absolutionz
01-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Yeah, maybe impressive was the wrong word. I don't really get impressed by either of these either, but I definitely think a good completion is better than a big gamerscore.

Hudson888
01-05-2010, 07:08 PM
Yeah, maybe impressive was the wrong word. I don't really get impressed by either of these either, but I definitely think a good completion is better than a big gamerscore.

As you said its easy to get a high score, you can just play all the easy 1000's games.

mosin360
01-05-2010, 07:16 PM
Eh, I've said 'wow' more times from seeing big scores than the amount of games completed. Pretty much you can cherry pick games to complete while a large, real large score requires a lot of playing and a lot of games.

Purge
01-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Depends on the variables. If I saw somebody that had a load of difficult games completed 100% like Devil May Cry 4 or Ninja Gaiden 2 then I'd be impressed but if it was a load of worthless easy games then I wouldn't be impressed. Hope you get what I'm trying to say..

Absolutionz
01-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Eh, I've said 'wow' more times from seeing big scores than the amount of games completed. Pretty much you can cherry pick games to complete while a large, real large score requires a lot of playing and a lot of games.

I can see where you're coming from, but I still don't think just playing a bunch of games to get a big score is harder than completing all/most of your games.

Depends on the variables. If I saw somebody that had a load of difficult games completed 100% like Devil May Cry 4 or Ninja Gaiden 2 then I'd be impressed but if it was a load of worthless easy games then I wouldn't be impressed. Hope you get what I'm trying to say..

Very true.

Sizzlebuzz
01-05-2010, 07:37 PM
A large gamerscore is more impressive I suppose. But completion is more difficult.

VladimirK
01-05-2010, 07:42 PM
For me it's the score.

Simply because I can see that from a tag, or even on here under your username, but I'm not going to go and check up on everybodies completion percentage because I probably have something better to do, so even if you have like, >98% completion, I won't know.

Daiphyer.
01-05-2010, 07:46 PM
For me it's the score.

Simply because I can see that from a tag, or even on here under your username, but I'm not going to go and check up on everybodies completion percentage because I probably have something better to do, so even if you have like, >98& completion, I won't know.

This. Absolutely.

Lord Yamikage
01-05-2010, 07:56 PM
It's neither for me. I care more about the % of the achievements I earn from the total achievements. Anyone can get high gamerscore if you have money to buy easy games. With that said, anyone can completed games by playing easy game.

Gamerscore/achievements/completion shouldn't be a competition unless you are in one. I do my for personally reason because I have obsession with 90 when it come to video games. Whether it's a level, completion, or anything that goes.

MattDB87
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM

i agree, when i see a guy with 98% completion, i see guy that is not enjoying his games very much, hes forcing himself to get those tedious achievements just to get 1000. Where i could of got 600 in it and had 10 times more fun playing it.

bapae
01-05-2010, 08:01 PM
I went for big gamerscore cause i love seeing that number on my gamercard get bigger... But i really wish there was a both option because i really love both even though im not much of the completionist.

Absolutionz
01-05-2010, 08:14 PM
i agree, when i see a guy with 98% completion, i see guy that is not enjoying his games very much, hes forcing himself to get those tedious achievements just to get 1000. Where i could of got 600 in it and had 10 times more fun playing it.

This makes no sense and is kind of ignorant. How do you know he isn't enjoying himself? I complete every game I play and I have a blast.

CaptainSpanner
01-05-2010, 08:15 PM
I like to see a big gamerscore. Looking at a 100,000G gamer.. they obviously have to be good to get there so it makes it more enjoyable playing with someone with experience.

Absolutionz
01-05-2010, 08:18 PM
I like to see a big gamerscore. Looking at a 100,000G gamer.. they obviously have to be good to get there so it makes it more enjoyable playing with someone with experience.

Are you being serious? Having 100K gamerscore means absolutely nothing. It doesn't make that person more experienced than, say me, and it sure as hell doesn't make them better. I could play a couple hundred games and barley play them and end up with 100K. That makes me experienced and good? Lol, okay.

Lord Yamikage
01-05-2010, 08:45 PM
Are you being serious? Having 100K gamerscore means absolutely nothing. It doesn't make that person more experienced than, say me, and it sure as hell doesn't make them better. I could play a couple hundred games and barley play them and end up with 100K. That makes me experienced and good? Lol, okay.

Well you said it yourself.

This makes no sense and is kind of ignorant. How do you know he isn't enjoying himself? I complete every game I play and I have a blast.

How do you know that 100k GS players are not experience or even a hard-core gamers. Probability of 100k GS players better than you are not impossible. Having 100k GS mean you have lot of time to play massive amounts of games (at least a hundred or more) and depending on the games played, it can be very difficult and hard game. Now, I'm not saying that getting 100k GS is any special. Like I mentioned before, you can play hundred of easy game that has 5 - 10 achievements and work yourself up to 100k.

But then again if there is a player who achieve 100k GS in very short time, with no easy games, then that is a player who either glitched his way, or professional gamer (in my opinion).

Krazie
01-05-2010, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't say either one is any more or less impressive than the other, it all depends on the person's style of play. However they decide to play their games is their business, as long as it makes them happy.

For me, I find getting a higher completion percentage is far less fun so I don't let it effect me. I'd rather play a lot more games and get enjoyment out of them until I feel like I'm done than to play a select few and make sure I get all of the achievements out of them. That's just my take though..

Poppygalaxy
01-05-2010, 08:55 PM
Well it depends if the person has like a 70% complete rate but only 3/16 or something, (Taking me as an example here;). Then i would be more impressed whit a bigger gamescore.

But if he got like 12/16 completed games that would be most impressive.

Absolutionz
01-05-2010, 08:58 PM
Well you said it yourself.

How do you know that 100k GS players are not experience or even a hard-core gamers. Probability of 100k GS players better than you are not impossible. Having 100k GS mean you have lot of time to play massive amounts of games (at least a hundred or more) and depending on the games played, it can be very difficult and hard game. Now, I'm not saying that getting 100k GS is any special. Like I mentioned before, you can play hundred of easy game that has 5 - 10 achievements and work yourself up to 100k.

But then again if there is a player who achieve 100k GS in very short time, with no easy games, then that is a player who either glitched his way, or professional gamer (in my opinion).

Umm, okay. I couldn't really understand a lot of that, but alright.

I wouldn't say either one is any more or less impressive than the other, it all depends on the person's style of play. However they decide to play their games is their business, as long as it makes them happy.

For me, I find getting a higher completion percentage is far less fun so I don't let it effect me. I'd rather play a lot more games and get enjoyment out of them until I feel like I'm done than to play a select few and make sure I get all of the achievements out of them. That's just my take though..

I can understand this. But to me, I feel like I'm done with a game once I get 100%.

njdevils17
01-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I went with completion. I'm sure everyone on this forum can get 1000/1000 in easy games like Avatar, Open Season, etc. and be able to have large gamerscores with a large game library.

I'm more impressed by someone who has every achievement in a tough game than someone who just has a lot of points in easy game.

True I Skill
01-05-2010, 09:09 PM
Completion but it depends what games, If they have King kong, Fuzion frenzy, Avatar. Im not that impressed. But where if its Games that you have to put alot of time into for the full 1000/1000 Or be good at the game to do it, Then im impressed.

Anyone can have a Big gamerscore and just go for all the easy acheivments in games.

the_b1ues
01-05-2010, 09:16 PM
I think its more of what games they have completed someone with a high score/ Completion rate with games like Avatar arnt impressive atall.

Silent Otto
01-05-2010, 09:19 PM
As a guy with a large games collection, but a measly 16000 gamerscore it is a hybrid between 2 things. I don't boost, but enjoy playing games, less time to play means that my score is still pretty low despite 3 years of gaming. I think the gamerscore obsession is good, but if it affects your enjoyment of a game then doesn't that defeat the object?

dertswa687o
01-05-2010, 09:21 PM
I did this thread exactly not so long ago, but I said completion with a good number of difficult/long games. I've got 97% completion with a few tough ones on there, such as GH:SH and Halo Wars, but then I've got NCAA March Madness 08 and NFS Most Wanted. I buy games that I know I'm going to enjoy getting the achievements and the game itself before anything else (and whatever my brother gets I'll complete).

That aside, everyone is going to be biased toward whatever they usually go for anyway.

A reason though I think you'll find a lot of completionists is because of money. I complete all my games because I hate renting stuff and I don't have the income to buy a new game constantly.

Absolutionz
01-05-2010, 09:22 PM
As a guy with a large games collection, but a measly 16000 gamerscore it is a hybrid between 2 things. I don't boost, but enjoy playing games, less time to play means that my score is still pretty low despite 3 years of gaming. I think the gamerscore obsession is good, but if it affects your enjoyment of a game then doesn't that defeat the object?

Well, for me, gamerscore only adds another element to my gaming habits. Without achievements, I'd probably only be playing Call of Duty or GoW games, simply for the multi. Achievements have helped me to branch out and play stuff I regularly wouldn't have. So I mean, I guess it all just depends on the person.

And @ dertswa - I definitely can relate to not having the income for a lot of games. I've had my Xbox since launch and I've always just completed all my games b/c I usually play the same game for a good period of time since I don't have the cash to blow on games.

MasonW94
01-05-2010, 09:27 PM
Completion.

balance13
01-05-2010, 10:23 PM

I don't agree at all I can only 100% a game if i actully enjoy it

Hitchman
01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
i dont find either impressive. i like to play a lot of games, but i only tend to finish the really good games. thus, i have a decent gamerscore and only a 60% completion.

tremberz
01-05-2010, 10:54 PM
Since I reached 100k a few months ago, I have been going for better completion, not better gamerscore. Instead of continuing renting easy games, I am renting games I have already played and I am attempting to complete the tougher games. I have already completed some tough games such as Mirror's Edge, Devil May Cry 4. I think completion percentage is more "impressive" and takes more skill, but what about high gamerscore and high percentage? I've seen quite a few people like that.

Absolutionz
01-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Since I reached 100k a few months ago, I have been going for better completion, not better gamerscore. Instead of continuing renting easy games, I am renting games I have already played and I am attempting to complete the tougher games. I have already completed some tough games such as Mirror's Edge, Devil May Cry 4. I think completion percentage is more "impressive" and takes more skill, but what about high gamerscore and high percentage? I've seen quite a few people like that.

So have I, but a high score + a good completion obviously is better than having just one of those. But I'd rather have a good completion if it were between the two.

Geohen
01-06-2010, 12:52 AM
A great deal of these comments do not make sense to me. Some can 1000 a bunch of easy games so that doesn't make their gamerscore impressive? But by that very same logic, them getting 1000 on easy also increases their completion % making it equally as unimpressive. Vice versa.

VampHunterD
01-06-2010, 01:24 AM
Definitely completion percentage. You can obtain a large Gamerscore by simply playing TONS of games. But a good completion percentage requires at least a fair amount of skill, rather than just obtaining the easiest achievements in a bunch of games.

Suzuka Miyamoto
01-06-2010, 01:33 AM
Do you find a big gamerscore, or a good completion percentage more impressive?

Personally, I find/tend to lean towards completion percentage. In my opinion, anybody can get a big gamerscore, but a good completion percentage is a lot harder to do.

What do you think?

I find 100% is better than a high gamerscore.:eek:

Any person can get a high score just by only getting 886gs to 945gs from each game they play.:p

Deviantelf
01-06-2010, 08:22 AM
I wouldnt really say i get "impressed" by people scores or completion rate, i really only complete and get achievements for myself, im not in a competition.

/agree

I'm just looking to have fun. I see the high completion and I know they really worked hard to get it usually... but to me that's more like a job, than having fun. But that's just my personal opinion.

velho lobodomar
01-06-2010, 01:06 PM
what really impresses me is to see someone with guitar hero 3, graw, devil may cry 4, etc completed.

dakisbac
01-06-2010, 01:18 PM
what really impresses me is to see someone with guitar hero 3, graw, devil may cry 4, etc completed.

Of those 3 you mentioned I only need to 1000 DMC, which I haven't even put in my tray yet. Be impressed :)

Anyway, I care more for completion than gamerscore. Good example: in Dec I bought a whole bunch of sports games for the GSL. I found out that 2/6 of them I bought I couldn't get the 1000 in. So I returned them without playing them.

velho lobodomar
01-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Of those 3 you mentioned I only need to 1000 DMC, which I haven't even put in my tray yet. Be impressed :)

i know, i peeped at your gamertag ages ago. :)
its the most impressive ive seen by the way, congratulations!

i hope to someday get 1k on gh3. im on my way to enlightened gtr (need 6 songs) and 5* exp career which i need raining blood :uzi:
but i doubt i will ever find a good enough local player for the co-op careers.

mosin360
01-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Quite funny how people on both sides use the same line "easy". It's easy to just play a bunch of games and get a big score and it's easy to just pick games with easy achievements.

It's just simply how a person views it. Some would view getting 1000 on some games as being not hard but just tedious and a huge time sink. But as some have said, they don't care as they want to have fun and thats what matters, what is fun to you.

Crazy Joker 16
01-06-2010, 05:41 PM
For me it is completion. It really annoys me when I do not have 100% on my games.:mad:

zTiamaTz
01-06-2010, 08:41 PM
I try for completion, but if a game I'm play has multi-player I have no interest in I'll go for the single player achivements and leave it at that. (Timeshift 520, Quantum of Solace 620).

I haven't been doing that lately as I've been jumping between too many games, but I'll get them all eventually.

Kairi
01-06-2010, 09:08 PM
They are about the same to me.

Cable Player
01-06-2010, 11:52 PM
I agree with you,
personally I really dont like seeing games on my tag with barley any achievements on.
I have achievements I want to get rid of and it would probably even mean I sacrifice the 30,000 because I have the odd 100's that add up!

What I like seeing is somebody who has a respectable amount of gamerscore with a good percentage so i cant answer the poll :/ I cant decide!! ahaaa

Lil Miss Nikki
01-07-2010, 03:07 PM
With me it would have to be good completion, as said previous in this thread anyone can get a high gamerscore without completing games whereas to get a completion you have to complete the game.

Steelhead
01-07-2010, 03:17 PM
However they decide to play their games is their business, as long as it makes them happy.
110% agreed, although I do find completion percentage to be pretty impressive (depending on the games played, obviously). My completion percentage is not very good at all and when I look at players who have half of my gamerscore yet have completed some very hard achievements, I'm more impressed with them than I am with my own profile...if that makes sense. There are some tenacious gamers out there who manage to nail down some really tough achievements!

Nathan WV10
01-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Im a big gamerscore guy but i find good completion more impressive

dzstarr6668
01-07-2010, 04:07 PM
i just think that they both go hand in hand.

without at least some completion, most of our gamerscore leaders wouldnt have the impressive score. look at any of the 100k leaders, and check their completion, i bet they have quite a few under their belt.

i have a tiny gamerscore, and without the 16 or so games i have 1000 gs for, i wouldnt be this high up, you can plainly see that one goes with the other.

completion + hard work/dedication = gamerscore

Dj LynZee
01-07-2010, 04:17 PM
I always think the bigger the gamerscore the less of a life you have...or the bigger epenis you're trying to get. :P

chickenhead87
01-07-2010, 04:45 PM
To comment above my e peen is 6 inches wink wink. But anyway i have my completion is terrible like 44% or something trying to get to 50% before i play anything new, but i cant just on a game for hours to get the full 100% yes i will play kids games to up my gamerscore. But to answer the question for putting the hours in i would say completion is alot more deserved for praise than gamerscore but if you dont enjoy a game you shouldnt really be looked down upon for not going for the full 100.

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Neither. If someone has over 50k GS, with 95%+ Completion and some tricky games in there, then I would be impressed.
The same with gamerscore, if they have over 150k-200k, and 75%+ Completion, I'd also be impressed.

It just depends on how long they've had their console, and the games they've played to get where they are.

I focus on myself though, I'm not too fussed what GS/Completion others have.

dethwagon
01-07-2010, 05:27 PM
I personally am a % guy. I don't care about what anyone else has for % or score, but when I play, I like to get as much done as I possibly can before moving on to a new game. As a result, I don't yet have a huge score, but most of my games played are either complete, or close to being so.

adriano28
01-07-2010, 06:03 PM

agree with this guy. Only impessed with the people wh have completed games that are hard to 1000. Im not impressed by gamerscore or completion.

Gackt
01-07-2010, 06:35 PM
I like score more. I only really put effort into 100% a game if I really enjoy playing it or its just really really short. Not gonna force myself to play through a game I don't like just to increase my completion %

Absolutionz
01-08-2010, 02:44 AM
I try for completion, but if a game I'm play has multi-player I have no interest in I'll go for the single player achivements and leave it at that. (Timeshift 520, Quantum of Solace 620).

I haven't been doing that lately as I've been jumping between too many games, but I'll get them all eventually.

I actually thought Quantom's multiplayer was the games strong point. Very solid online play, IMO.

Jakethemuss
01-08-2010, 03:08 PM
This is actually a copy of a post I made in another thread just a moment ago, it is very applicable here aswell....

Lets put it this way; I'd give alot more kudos to a guy who had 100% on both GTA IV and Gears 1 (2,750) over a guy who had 20,000 but only made up of the 10-15 easiest achievements over a course of say 60 titles.

Thats why I'm trying too limit the famously easy 1000G games on my list and have some more impressive ones on there aswell. I have alot of harder games where I'm only 2-3 achieves of 100%, but said achieves are hared to get or require online boosting with friends

lenny m
01-08-2010, 03:25 PM
i just find big gamerscores are people who are literally addicted to the 360. look at stallion83. he has 400,000 gs. that is mad. he must have some bad eyesight

D3R3L3CT
01-08-2010, 04:28 PM
It's not a competition, but I'm more impressed when I see someone with 15,000 gs with most games 100% completed than someone with 100,000 achievements and almost no games completed 100%, it just shows they are skipping from game to game and not really taking the time too apprecriate the game in full.

Infection Ftw
01-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Neither. If you have unlocked some/a lot hard achievents then that inpress me more then having a lot of easy games completed with an high %.

J eVeRy DaY 514
01-08-2010, 04:58 PM
i'm impressed with anyone over 200k, mainly because of the amount of dedication it takes to keep playing, (even games you don't like). personally, i'm a completionist because i feel that i get the most value out of my games that way. if someone is up in the high 90's in completion percentage, i look at some of their completed games.

so it really depends on what type of games they play. i think it is ridiculous that some people skip out on good games just because they don't want to ruin their completion percentage.

Barad
01-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Big gamerscore tbh..I'v played little over 100 games including about 10 arcade games and have 63k Gs so I'm proud lol

Vitiate
01-30-2010, 01:57 AM
Completion definetly. I almost have 100K and 100% complete, and Im easily more proud of having 100% complete. Anybody can play Wanted 3 times, 1K it, and end up getting a high GS, but if you 1K Dead Rising, GTA, Prototype, and Ninja Gaiden, that means you actually have skill.

vgfanatic1
01-30-2010, 02:02 AM
Personally, I'd say achievements (yes, I know its not an option) or which games they 100%. I've seen people with both a high gamerscore and high completion % just from playing really easy 1000s. Seeing something with very challenging achievements or completions is much more impressive.

StumpyDan360
01-30-2010, 02:12 AM
i say its a combination... i first look at gamerscore. if its really high then i look at the games and see wat games made up his score. and if i see avatar and other bull crap games then i say its garbage.. if its hard games then i give respect

messytacos
01-30-2010, 02:58 AM
Personally, I'd say achievements (yes, I know its not an option) or which games they 100%. I've seen people with both a high gamerscore and high completion % just from playing really easy 1000s. Seeing something with very challenging achievements or completions is much more impressive. I agree this is way more impressive.

Incompl33t
01-30-2010, 08:23 AM
I would much rather see a load of games completed, than a high gamerscore.

DOOKH8R
01-30-2010, 08:35 AM

That's sums up what I was thinking almost exactly. I'm voting for gamerscore.

thewyseone
01-30-2010, 08:37 AM
completion.any arshole can rent 1,000 games and get a big game score i only completed 1 game 100%,the saboteur.the rest maybe 90% at most.

Emfulz
01-30-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm only impressed by achievements that are tough to get, score and completion doesn't really mean nothing besides you like to play games and 100% them.

Starstrukk X360A
01-30-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm not at all impressed with big gamerscore.

People could have played dozens of games and only have about half of all achievements in each game.

Completing a game is impressive though, especially when the achievements are hard.

NawtyCawty
01-30-2010, 01:37 PM
Well I am very shallow and am most impressed by the little pic on their profile. especially if it is a nice looking girlie. As for gamerscore or completion they dont bother me, because I have neither myself.

Coheedd
01-30-2010, 02:03 PM
Personally, I like to keep myself with a high GamerScore completion, however I prefer to see a big GamerScore when look at another persons GamerCard.

bconrad56
01-30-2010, 02:19 PM
I think good completion is important. As others said before, you can play a ton of games and just get some achievements from them. But, to play through the games and get all or almost all of the achievements takes more time and skill.

D4B0MB1N4T10N
01-31-2010, 04:29 AM

exactly, a better completion would lead to a better score. it helps working at a game store (im at gamestop) and i know when games drop in price, then ill pick them up and finish whatever i need to on them. and the discount helps too, lol.

cebiaw
02-19-2010, 01:08 AM
um, so size doesn't matter.....

sorry, just look liked it needed to be said,lol

I guess what's most impressive would be the difficulty of the achievements, but who would bother to look that up.

timkomatt
05-13-2010, 02:23 PM
I think its more challenging to complete a game then to get like 600 out of 1000 or so and then give up on it

Fixelbucket
05-13-2010, 02:26 PM
I will have to say that a higher completion is more "impressive" although for my own achievement hunting I will never be impressive :)

I never go for the online achievements due to the fact that I hate losing and often I play older games which are quite low on people still playing them. So my completion will never be very high...

Lady Greaver
05-13-2010, 02:27 PM
I think a good completion is better than big gamerscore.

Hugo rules95
05-13-2010, 09:07 PM
Good completion.

I know somebody with like 65K gamerscore and only about 25% GS completion. It annoys me when I see people like this because if I had his games (the person I mentioned above), I would easily have like 150K gamerscore. Anyone with 100K+ gamerscore with a 90%+ completion is a bloody legend.

lordthrash
05-13-2010, 10:01 PM
For me it is completion. I know people can get really easy games to boost this but it still takes dedication to complete a game regardless. I know because i can't seem to finish Halo Wars, it takes too long to get general rank on live!

DeekBoy
05-13-2010, 10:05 PM
completion to me isnt all that important. i only recently got into gamerscore so i will complete games more because of it but there are some games that i really dont care to go back and obtain the achieves for. i might later on but right now i only really care about my score.

guillermo316
05-13-2010, 10:30 PM
i personally think that completion is better b/c i'm a completist, i love completing stuff.. but it has to be decent game that you cant just beat the story and get 100 you know.

JesusBread
05-14-2010, 02:03 AM
I think a mixture of both is good. It's not hard to have a high completion % when you only have 10k GS, but when you start getting higher like 30k+ GS then it becomes a lot more impressive than just having 100k GS.

KIDDRAGON67
05-14-2010, 02:39 AM
I'd go completion, but my ratio is shocking. Since i don't have the patience to do most of the achievements.

TakahashiDemon
05-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Good completion and a good high gamerscore with not much easy games.

I like completion when it round 80-90% I dont care about 100% that much, those people that have that normally just buy games they know they'll get the full 1000 in.. which I think is lame (no offense for you people with 100% actually that play your favorite games, Im on about the others who make accounts especially for 100%).

LLC2003
05-14-2010, 12:34 PM
For me a higher completion % is much more important than a high-score.

I am only on 30K but I take great pride in seeing some of the tough achievements I have passed. If I would have passed on these achievements and played the 'easier 1k' I am sure I would be nearer the 60K mark.

Some people on my friends list have over 75K + but they have played over 150 rented games and there completion percentage is very low.

The real accolade goes to the players who have the high-score and are prepared to spend the time grinding the boring achievements to ensure they achieve a completion % above 95.

Kherith
05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Completion for me. I hate seeing the locked achievement icon so have to get as many as I can. I also don't feel like I've finished a game until it's 100%

h4rl3n
05-16-2010, 02:28 PM
I find a high completion rate on harder games to be more impressive compared to a high Gamerscore in total.

stinkracer
05-16-2010, 03:13 PM
A large score stands out more, until you look and see they were playing Hotel for Dogs the game.

Stevo_safc
05-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Completion definitely requires more dedication, there are quite a few easy 1000 gs games which can boost it quickly.

milecoupe
05-17-2010, 05:37 AM
I find completion to be good as people with big gamerscore useally have too much money and just play games to 100-300 gamescore per game and it adds up so i don't find that impressive at all as thats easy if you have $$$.

ps-legit big gamescores like alot of finished games are impressive but there RARE.

jtr1gg3r
05-17-2010, 08:55 AM
I find a high completion rate on harder games to be more impressive compared to a high Gamerscore in total.

that.

otherwise i couldnt give a shit =P

Seraph Xii
05-17-2010, 09:11 AM
It depends on a lot of things really.

100% completion on 20 "easy" games such as king kong is nothing compared to a "respectable" score on games like GH:3, Ninja gaiden 2, DMC 4, Farcry 2 etc..

You get the idea.
Speaking generally though, I'd have to go with completion over gamerscore.

blue5h4d0w
05-18-2010, 03:54 PM
i picked completion as it usually takes more skill/work. You can get a big gamerscore by jus doin easy achievements on LOTS of games.

Absolutionz
05-18-2010, 05:57 PM
Completing your games is so much harder than getting a big gamerscore.

VisionsOfDemise
05-18-2010, 06:03 PM
My 130k gave all the 12 year olds raging boners.

I felt like it was shit because of my 54% completion.

CodSteaks
05-18-2010, 06:33 PM
I actually voted for GS on this poll. For myself I care more about my completion percentage because I don't like to feel like I've given up or abandoned a game, but when I look at other people's scores, I rarely look deeper than just their score, so a high number is enough to impress me. You still have to play a lot of games to get really high, and enough of them are bound to be challenging.

Capn Doug
05-18-2010, 06:51 PM
Completion rate all the way. A high score can mean that you have been score whoring for a long time, but a high completion rate means that you really tear up a game. One guy on the site (forget his name) had a score of like 19k despite playing every available game, if he got 100 Gs on every game, he would have 6 figures, not really an impressive feat though statistically interesting. I know I don't like to have my completion rate drop below 80% (though I have stats for three different types of completion in my games list:All games in collection, all played games, all played games excluding DLC I don't own). Excluding some really easy games, I am usually impressed when I see a bunch of 1000s in someone's gamertag. Then again, 1000 in Dead Rising is always more impressive than 1000 in Lego Batman. I really only ignore things like 1000 in Avatar and Fallout 3 (PC).

TOBY DA THUG
05-19-2010, 10:16 AM
completion! getting a high score (lets say 100k) is a piece of piss, especially if you have the money lol

EDIT: saying that... I think if people just complete the majority of thier games on thier tag and theres some on there not complete then thats ok. What looks shit is when they hop from one game to the other like their gunna die tommo. and what looks even worse is when they load up an "easy" game and only get the "easier" achievements just to boost thier score a bit

LicensedForwar
05-19-2010, 01:50 PM
It's a tough question. The majority of games on the 360 are easy and if you only concentrated on the hard ones you be lucky to pull off 20,000 points.

Hard games also take more time i was thinking of going for the full 1500 on WAW but im really like what's the point now.

I rather round it off to a tidy 1000.

Gster
05-19-2010, 02:09 PM
completion for me also, my completion % is crap compaired to the games ive got but it doesnt help that ive got really bad games and really good games and lets face it your always gonna play the games you enjoy over the crap 1's

l Absolution l
05-19-2010, 02:59 PM
Neither really, but I prefer seeing people complete hard games, like F.E.A.R, or other games that have difficult achievements. As opposed to people who play a lot of movie games.

SKIBADABOMSKI
05-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Am impressed with people who have had a 360 for 3 years and play nearly everyday but only have say 4,000 Gs. They just have a select few games and just play on-line. Wow so easily entertained.

But being a person that worries too much about completing a game could and can prevent them from choosing a risky game. Like ooh look Ridge Racer 6 for only a quid. Checks how hard it might be and not bother. But could of really enjoyed it.

I'd say complete the ones you think you can complete and push yourself to your own limits and enjoy the rest as experiencing different types of games.

But more OT I guess I always admire someone with 95%+ completion. But only because I wouldn't risk it.

CRAZY 7
05-19-2010, 06:27 PM
I say completion because there are hard games out there