PDA

View Full Version : brand new trailer for the awakening expansion

digitalink
01-05-2010, 09:08 PM
this looks promising....

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/01/05/dragon-age-awakening-trailer-just-as-he-foretold/

Nathan WV10
01-05-2010, 09:24 PM
Oh my God i really cant wait :D

Dave of Canada
01-05-2010, 09:30 PM
*SPOILERS

It seems to be following the storyline from after we've killed the Archdemon, but how could this be possible? I'm dead!

Nathan WV10
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
That is a good question even though i didnt choose this option. Maybe youll be ressurected or you might have to just start a new if you chose that path.

MelangeAddict
01-05-2010, 09:56 PM
You were only "mostly" dead.

XxHektikxX
01-05-2010, 10:18 PM
well im sure i read somewhere u can EITHER import ur character over to the expansion or use a brand new one. The latter being for someone whose gray warden is dead. Or u could just use a save that has a fully alive and ass kicking DW warden, like im going to :P

ODST Kayne
01-05-2010, 11:00 PM
Can't wait. And for the post a few above this, if you killed your character, an Orlesian Grey Warden is who you till be playing as.

MisaaAmane
01-05-2010, 11:01 PM
*SPOILERS

It seems to be following the storyline from after we've killed the Archdemon, but how could this be possible? I'm dead!

Well even when you're dead you can still play after you completed the story ;P how'd you explain that?
Also you don't have to import your char, and I don't know how exactly the importing is going to work either >.>

Your mission - should you choose to accept it - is to rebuild the order of legendary warriors while dealing with such new threats as the fearsome Inferno Golem and scary-sounding Spectral Dragon as well as the mysterious 'Architect'.
You'll also discover new secrets of the Darkspawn, but not before taking advantage of being able to port over and customise your existing Dragon Age character (if you want to that is).
Awakenings also raises the level cap as well as adding new items, abilities and spells to your repertoire. Throw in the inclusion of a new Grey Warden character from the land of Orlais and five new party members to recruit and you have what should prove to be a very enticing package indeed.

All in all sounds pretty damn awesome

balance13
01-05-2010, 11:05 PM
yes! this looks so awesome

KNIGHTOFSERA
01-06-2010, 12:04 AM
looks awesome....although the main enemy guy reminds me of skeletorhttp://matt.lee.name/skeletor/2007/skeletor.jpg

ODST Kayne
01-06-2010, 01:02 AM
looks awesome....although the main enemy guy reminds me of skeletorhttp://matt.lee.name/skeletor/2007/skeletor.jpg
True but is that a problem?:)

BILE1418
01-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Looks amazing cant wait to play it.

Dave of Canada
01-06-2010, 03:16 AM
Well even when you're dead you can still play after you completed the story ;P how'd you explain that?

It's explained that the epilogue's timeline is before the siege of Denerim, so all DLC happens when you're just wandering the world recruiting the groups against the Blight.

This expansion's wording is set after the Blight has been defeated and scattered.

digitalink
01-06-2010, 04:10 AM
It's explained that the epilogue's timeline is before the siege of Denerim, so all DLC happens when you're just wandering the world recruiting the groups against the Blight.

This expansion's wording is set after the Blight has been defeated and scattered.

Well you have the option to import your character from the game, maybe you won't. Or as not to be unfair, the new character you play as will have the same stats as your old character even though they are a different person.

***spoiler alert***

it is also possible that the main character's sacrifice is not cannon. even though it is given as a playable option. it might not be the story bioware had in mind which is now be continued by the expansion.

KNIGHTOFSERA
01-06-2010, 04:26 AM
True but is that a problem?:)

not at all, I just better be able to go the castle grayskull

I mean they had a star wars reference, why not a full blown He-man reference
I bet half the people wouldnt even get it

MisaaAmane
01-06-2010, 06:01 AM

Yeah, but nevertheless its a weird sensation having the game tell you that you have beaten the story, now you can explore some.

But yeah I'm kind of curious what official story they're going to use, looks like the one where Alistar is the king.

And are they promising one old char to come back? I think thats what it said

balance13
01-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Yeah, but nevertheless its a weird sensation having the game tell you that you have beaten the story, now you can explore some.

But yeah I'm kind of curious what official story they're going to use, looks like the one where Alistar is the king.

And are they promising one old char to come back? I think thats what it said

Maybe it has something to do with Morrigan?!

Sizzlebuzz
01-06-2010, 07:49 AM
Aww man. I may be forced to buy this.

Dredgon
01-06-2010, 10:38 PM
Looks awesome, and I'm so happy the Architect will finally be in the game after being absent from the original, he is a badass from The Calling! And yes, I think Morrigan is the returning character!!!!!!

Starwarskd
01-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Oh Shnap this looks better then the original story!
Cant wait for this to come out

Taha
01-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I've just been sat at my computer staring wide eyed at the screen for about half an hour after watching that.

All I can say on the topic is:

Want.

DarknessKonsumz
01-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Trailer was pretty good and no doubt wicked news. Could be epic.

Devil Sora
01-08-2010, 03:12 AM
f-ing epic. . . . EPIC!!!!!!!

Ogogin
01-08-2010, 02:15 PM

It's stated in one of the 1st topics there that Awakening follow the decisions you take in case you played Origins first. Mean it has not a stated story but the gameplay will change accordly with your decisions during the 1st game. It even seems it follow the "dead" ending in case of... so in that case you have to make a new character and the story, again, change with it ^_^

maxpwns
01-08-2010, 08:36 PM
can't wait for this. i love games that continue to produce dlc after their release (fallout 3)

MisaaAmane
01-08-2010, 10:58 PM
It's stated in one of the 1st topics there that Awakening follow the decisions you take in case you played Origins first. Mean it has not a stated story but the gameplay will change accordly with your decisions during the 1st game. It even seems it follow the "dead" ending in case of... so in that case you have to make a new character and the story, again, change with it ^_^

Thats even better (:

ntb213
01-11-2010, 02:23 AM
Oh my god! That looks so epic!

mickjsg
01-19-2010, 04:56 PM
*SPOILERS

Fallout 3 did something similar - your final act can be to sacrifice yourself, or one of the other NPCs.

The Broken Steel DLC changed the ending slightly, so that you don't have to sacrifice yourself or the NPC - and then the expansion resumes the story after roughly 2 weeks in game.

Devil Sora
01-20-2010, 04:00 AM
Fallout 3 did something similar - your final act can be to sacrifice yourself, or one of the other NPCs.

The Broken Steel DLC changed the ending slightly, so that you don't have to sacrifice yourself or the NPC - and then the expansion resumes the story after roughly 2 weeks in game.

SPOILERS

they attend your funeral lol

Valentia X
01-20-2010, 06:56 PM
I'm more or less curious about the character that can come back.

Eh... spoiler alert for those who haven't finished the game.

With the character I planned on carrying over, we chose to do Morrigan's dark ritual, and Alistair isn't king, but with me romantically, as a female human mage. The epilogue says that he basically stuck with me except to build that shrine for Duncan. Seeing as I basically tanked him to hell and back with stats, I'll be a bit pissed if I can't carry him over for at least part of it, seeing as Anora's the queen and ruling everything. I'm kind of hoping that if you live, who comes back with you is the person you go off with in the end, if you choose anyone at all. (If you don't, I suppose the dog?). IDK though.

It needs to be March already.

Sean 94
01-20-2010, 08:57 PM
This will be a great gift for my birthday :drunk

Crazy Joker 16
01-21-2010, 08:11 PM
It's looking good, can't wait till it comes out:Bounce: