PDA

View Full Version : Read: All About Hacked Accounts

RexDarr
01-05-2010, 09:24 PM
AAHA:

- My Xbox LIVE account was hacked on sunday night after midnight (GMT).
- For the last 2 days I have hacked in to my own msn and xbox account.

When I was able to get back in to my account, my 1360 microsoft points were gone, my avatar was changed, all my information was changed, my friends list was clear, my messages were deleted, and my contact information was changed.

I just got off the phone with Xbox Support and they said that it will be at least 15 business days before they can do anything about my account.

DO NOT ADD THIS PERSON TO XBOX LIVE: JUICYxFRUIT

I added him to my account, and after that I could not sign in. I believe that he was the one that hacked my account and changed all my information.

Just a safety note: DO NOT ADD ANYONE THAT YOU DONT KNOW OR SAYS THAT YOU CAN GET FREE POINTS ETC...

Absolutionz
01-05-2010, 09:26 PM
I'm sorry, but you must have given your account information out at one point or another, to someone or something, regardless if it was intentional or otherwise. Your account just doesn't get hacked.

Oh, and there's been countless threads on this, and all I can really say is learn from it and keep your info locked down.

RexDarr
01-05-2010, 09:44 PM
I spoke to Xbox Support and they also agree that this person that I added was able to hack my account.
He said that they may have had a back door entrance to xbox and to account service, so when I added him he gained all of my information.

We both believe this because when I added this peson to xbox live his gamertag did not show up in my friends list nor did his gamertag exsist when I tried to send a message to him (or her).

davhth4
01-05-2010, 09:47 PM
So why did you add him in the first place may I ask?

Also I doubt that he has a way of gaining details that way. I doubt it or alot of peoples accounts would be hacked and his account would of been found out about long before this i am sure but who knows. Has microsoft said they have banned his console and his account?

Did you think you were actualy going to get free points from him?

Absolutionz
01-05-2010, 09:47 PM
I spoke to Xbox Support and they also agree that this person that I added was able to hack my account.
He said that they may have had a back door entrance to xbox and to account service, so when I added him he gained all of my information.

We both believe this because when I added this peson to xbox live his gamertag did not show up in my friends list nor did his gamertag exsist when I tried to send a message to him (or her).

I don't really buy it, but alright. That sucks either way.

vI-Youneek-Iv
01-05-2010, 09:49 PM
This Juicy guy can't hack you from you by just adding him to your account, you would have to have given him some info from your account.

dakisbac
01-05-2010, 10:00 PM

Xbox Support is retarded then. People can't get your account information by being on your friends list. There's no "backdoor" on xbox.com. Clearly by the last sentence in your first post you GAVE this person your information, but obviously you're not going to tell us or Microsoft that.

The Contender X
01-05-2010, 10:04 PM
Just a safety note: DO NOT ADD ANYONE THAT YOU DONT KNOW OR SAYS THAT YOU CAN GET FREE POINTS ETC...

Thats what you obviously did.

RexDarr
01-05-2010, 10:07 PM
So why did you add him in the first place may I ask?

Also I doubt that he has a way of gaining details that way. I doubt it or alot of peoples accounts would be hacked and his account would of been found out about long before this i am sure but who knows. Has microsoft said they have banned his console and his account?

I added him becaues I wanted to get an achievement for Skate and I needed 2 more votes... So I added him to get a vote.

Methinks that it was a fake account. It was probably a fake account that was linked to either a spyware program or possibly this guys computer then he could just click on my name and get in to my Xbox LIVE account via my gamertag then go from there and find out all my information.

I am pretty secure about my information. I do not post anything anywhere. I don't even use my correct address or any information posted in my profile on Xbox LIVE

RexDarr
01-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Thats what you obviously did.
No I actually recieved points from work at half-price (I got over 3,000).
I added this person to get another vote so I could get the final acheivement on Skate.

Ask questions first before assuming what happened. Your not going to go far in life if you keep that up.

balance13
01-05-2010, 10:13 PM
Methinks that it was a fake account. It was probably a fake account that was linked to either a spyware program or possibly this guys computer then he could just click on my name and get in to my Xbox LIVE account via my gamertag then go from there and find out all my information.

No I don't think that is possible....

Most likely you wanted some free points and gave out your info but that is just my thought.

Either way this is gonna get :locked most likely.

McKaystyles
01-05-2010, 10:30 PM
No I actually recieved points from work at half-price (I got over 3,000).
I added this person to get another vote so I could get the final acheivement on Skate.

Ask questions first before assuming what happened. Your not going to go far in life if you keep that up.

YOUR not going to go far in life if you keep giving away your contact info like hot cakes!
:nana

veece16
01-05-2010, 11:11 PM
exactly! there's no way in hell that your account could be hacked. you either fell for some MS point lie or signed in on a fake website. obama will do something good for the country before your account actually gets hacked.

CovertDog
01-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Sorry to hear it. I would be upset to if someone with the GT Juicy Fruit "back doored" me and gained "entrance" to my "personnal" stuff.:p Sorry I couldn't resisted.

Now you were "hacked" in the why you are appealling. Yes he may have found out your email address and figured out your password or secret answer. But there is no way he used some hacking program to get it. The most telling line in your orginal post was "DO NOT ADD ANYONE THAT YOU DONT KNOW OR SAYS THAT YOU CAN GET FREE POINTS ETC..." You are basicly admitting to falling for a phishing scam.

I am sorry to hear about this, but you are dealing with MS about it and there is nothing we can do here for you.