PDA

View Full Version : Battle Hardened Achievement Question

DomLando
01-05-2010, 10:44 PM
What exactly do I need to buy for this achievement? Is it just the stuff under sword and weapons?

D4Ru73K
01-05-2010, 11:39 PM
All what you have to do is upgrade your weapons: Tremor Gauntlet and Scythe. Don't worry about your Chaoseater Sword, upgrade is not necessary because you will get Armageddon Blade full upgraded level 4. To get this achievements you have to also buy all weapons moves from the shop for Sword, Scythe and Tremor Gauntlet - exactly that's stuff under sword and weapons ;)

ch41n54w
01-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Also all levels?

D4Ru73K
01-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Also all levels?

Yeah you have to upgrade all weapons to level 4 except Chaoseater Sword - just only two :P

ch41n54w
01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Thanks, but I meant the moves

mksystem74
01-06-2010, 10:55 PM
Is this at anyway missable? Or can I just play, have fun and worry about it at the end of the game?

UnworthyBoot
01-15-2010, 05:52 AM
Is this at anyway missable? Or can I just play, have fun and worry about it at the end of the game?

You can miss it if you don't have enough experience on your weapons. I've put a bit of grinding in to upgrading the scythe and gauntlet.

LasherM
01-15-2010, 07:49 PM
"Battle Hardened" achievement only pops "after" you get the Armageddon Blade. Even if you do level up the Chaoseater to level 4 that won't trgger it.

You Need the Armageddon Blade and the other 2 weapons Maxed out and Unlock all the combat moves. You do not need to max out the moves. Level 1 of each will be enough.

While trying to max out each weapon don't upgrade the moves at Vulgrim. Keep them at level 1. By doing this you will be able do more combos and get more exp as you play through. Then when you need to finish off leveling them it shouldn't be that much more to go grind out.

matt schwindt
01-15-2010, 10:49 PM
so i beat the game and have now maxed out the two extra weapons. the glove and scythe. bout at least level 1 of them all. no achievement tho. not sure if i screwed it up or what. can u miss it if u don't buy chaoseater upgrades b4 u get the armageddon sword? i am on all night tonight thank for any help.

Sohjiro
01-16-2010, 01:39 AM
so i beat the game and have now maxed out the two extra weapons. the glove and scythe. bout at least level 1 of them all. no achievement tho. not sure if i screwed it up or what. can u miss it if u don't buy chaoseater upgrades b4 u get the armageddon sword? i am on all night tonight thank for any help.

i did the same thing and it didnt unlock but i went and bought all the upgrades for all the moves and it unlocked

Nubz McPwnzr
01-16-2010, 02:56 AM
i did the same thing and it didnt unlock but i went and bought all the upgrades for all the moves and it unlocked

From what I understand you must have all the weapons at level 4 and buy all of the moves for them up to level 3. So in a nutshell....

1.Weapons = Level 4
Ignore Chaoseater(scythe is better imo anyway) and get Armageddon Blade at the end
2. Moves = Level 3
3. ????
4. Profit (Achievement Unlocks)

monk3boy
02-09-2010, 04:09 AM
"Battle Hardened" achievement only pops "after" you get the Armageddon Blade. Even if you do level up the Chaoseater to level 4 that won't trgger it.

THIS Is the info I needed. Just finished grinding the gauntlet and scythe in the Iron Canopy (love those re-spawning spiders) and no pop, even with everything bought to maximum level.

Will pick up the last two shards of the A-Sword tonight, and hopefully will get a double 'pop'.

Thanks for the info! :drunk

Doesel
02-09-2010, 07:11 AM
Is it possible to grind for weapon xp and get the missing shards/artifacts after beating the game, or do you have to get those first before challenging the final boss?

Big Ben6898
02-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Is it possible to grind for weapon xp and get the missing shards/artifacts after beating the game, or do you have to get those first before challenging the final boss?

You have to collect all of the Armageddon Shards to move on to the final boss battle.

You do not have to have all of the Artifacts before the final boss fight, however, collecting all of them does net you a few Lifestone shards and a Wrath shard I believe. All of the Lifestone & Wrath shards can be found before or after you beat the final boss (after defeating Abaddon the game loads you up at Azrael before the Abaddon fight--just like Zelda loads you up right before Ganon in Ocarina or Twilight Princess, for example).

CoregBlue1
02-11-2010, 03:42 PM
thanks for the final boss spoiler, idiot.

Doesel
02-12-2010, 07:52 AM
You have to collect all of the Armageddon Shards to move on to the final boss battle.

You do not have to have all of the Artifacts before the final boss fight, however, collecting all of them does net you a few Lifestone shards and a Wrath shard I believe. All of the Lifestone & Wrath shards can be found before or after you beat the final boss (after defeating Abaddon the game loads you up at Azrael before the Abaddon fight--just like Zelda loads you up right before Ganon in Ocarina or Twilight Princess, for example).

Hey,
thanks for the answer. Yesterday I finally beat the game. When I continue, I stand before Azrael as you said, but there is nothing I can do! Both bridges (the one behind you and the one through the serpent hole) are gone, and I'm stuck. Talking to Azrael just repeats the final cutscene after beating Abaddon and showing the credits.

Steakman
02-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Yeah use spoiler tags you mup! Glad i'd already found that out before reading this.

VaccaS
04-13-2010, 01:19 AM
So I want to forge the armageddon blade, max out my gauntlet and scythe, and i should get battle hardened?(I already have all the combat moves and stuff)

Thutch1783
04-26-2010, 03:59 AM
Hey,
thanks for the answer. Yesterday I finally beat the game. When I continue, I stand before Azrael as you said, but there is nothing I can do! Both bridges (the one behind you and the one through the serpent hole) are gone, and I'm stuck. Talking to Azrael just repeats the final cutscene after beating Abaddon and showing the credits.
Use mask of shadows