PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Mode Guide Video | Explanation/Completion

Xx Vesper Xx
01-06-2010, 12:05 AM
I apologize to everyone I didn't release this earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/user/VesperArcade#p/c/194F8E98AF5D632B

Watch from top of the playlist to the bottom.

================================================== ========

1. Introduction

First 7 videos is a fairly long 7 part introduction. I just explain basic stuff like options,setups and ways to cheat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Explanation/Completion

I describe an explanation on 1 challenge mode string at a time, and go through each single challenge 1 on 1.

I then complete the string, and do it without the use of turbo controller or using a edited pre-made song template. To prove how the game is possible without any tools whatsoever.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Outro

Thanks for watching, if there's anything that you guys don't understand don't be afraid to comment. If there is a particular song that you find difficult and I didn't go through it well enough please mention.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

dakisbac
01-06-2010, 01:45 AM
These videos are excellent. Like you said though, for the most part the only videos that will help us are the 1/4, 1/8, etc note only challenges, which I've been looking for forever. Sadly these games were never that popular so there's not many youtube vids.

Xx Vesper Xx
01-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Paramount7 Explanation -> Apocalyptic10 Explanation Uploaded

Apocalyptic10 Completion -> Templates are in progess uploading.

VisitorQ
01-07-2010, 12:48 AM
THANK YOU! I just planned on starting DDR 2 this new year.. so this is a Godsent!
I just subscribed to your channel as well.
Looking forward to se more.
Thanks for sharing. Good guides too!

Xx Vesper Xx
01-07-2010, 09:17 PM
Templates uploaded. Guide is now completely uploaded, I might add annotations for convenience.

IceKingz
01-08-2010, 12:36 PM
Thanks a bunch man, these videos will definitely be a major help!

IceKingz
01-17-2010, 06:00 PM
Man breezing through these now I'm up to Catastrophic, only real challenge so far. Nice comment on the Catastrophic explanation at the end haha I lol'd.

Edit: Hey can anyone here make templates for the first, last, and the synergy challenge on Catastrophic. Ironically when I said breeze through I definitely have but now I'm completely stuck on these 3. The two besides Synergy are the phantom with no double hits challenges. Phantom and doubles in general are my weak points and I can't see a way to practice them because apparently somethings weird with the Matsuri Summer chart.

Wow nevermind, you'd be surprised what all you can do with a turbo controller besides 100%. It basically allows you to never need to memorize for Matsuri Summer I just held the buttons down until a repeat. It still took a while but it was much easier. Synergy was actually cake. After I got a rhythm down I was able to average 60 GOODS!! I just had to balance the ratio and I was fine.

Xx Vesper Xx
01-18-2010, 02:14 PM
Right on man, did you use timing change method or vesper method.

IceKingz
01-18-2010, 06:32 PM
For Synergy? I didn't change anything I just found my own rhythm to press down on the turbo and it basically gave me more Goods than Greats and rarely any misses. Now sorry Vesper idk if you checked your inbox but I sent like 5 messages. =P The first 2 were just me saying OMG I'm breezing through, thanks. And then I asked for favors. Ignore all of them BUT the last one. I'm stuck, I have the very last two apocalyptic challenges left. Normally I record my own edited chart for the Eternus one but for some reason it won't work. I know it's the dead end chart but it's still off.

Would you be able to make a template for the Eternus/Dead End challenge with all of the black, double, and tenth (or whichever one you recommend skipping) on a template for youtube? It would help out a bunch, I pretty much have no options on this one and practicing doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere.

dakisbac
01-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Do you have any tips for syncing the templates with the game? It's rather hard since you can't pause in DDR, and even with my bro's help we couldn't get it synced properly.

IceKingz
01-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Gots me my one kay =P Man that challenge before the last was a pain but I did it. Copied the chart, deleting black arrows, deleting repeats, deleted every 10th and at first I thought my chart was off but it actually wasn't. Syncing was a pain but I just got lucky after my 50th try. To the above poster, syncing is no where near easy but you just have to use trial and error and figure out how far the delay is.

For the note challenges if you can understand the music with it you should be fine if you are slightly off.

Xx Vesper Xx
01-19-2010, 12:28 AM
Syncing is going to be different for everyone because computer monitor vs your setup.

I suggest pausing the song on Youtube right when the arrow is overlapping the step bar. Then have your brother press play right when the arrow on your setup overlap the arrow. Now have your setup have the volume up and your computer be on mute. While looking at your computer listen to the music on your setup and use that as the guide to where your synced. Should work.

Excellent work Mr. Ice you used every trick available to get it done, its a shame that ddru3 is glitched. Sorry I didn't check my inbox cause I've been in the arcade recording videos for my youtube channel. I'll ttyl.

IceKingz
01-19-2010, 01:25 AM
Haha thanks man. I'm still so psyched that I got it and don't worry about the messages they really are pointless since everytime I sent a message I seemed to beat the impossible (in my eyes). When I beat Eternus/Dead End I flipped out so freaking much it was pretty funny to see. Also you said DDR1 is easier to 1k right? How much because replaying DDR2 made me really want to get the first one as well? I'm not dying to get it but if it's a challenging but no where near as bad as 2 then I might as well go for it.

dakisbac
01-19-2010, 01:34 AM
Congratulations on your 1k IceKingz, now go for the 1000 on Universe 1!

When you say you copied the chart, what did you copy it to? Did you edit a stepmania chart?

AAARGGH. I dunno if I'll be able to do this. I can't for the life of me do any of the challenges that require odd timing (0 score, all great, all good) which leaves one challenge in Genuine (when I'm done Paramount and Exorbitant), three in Catastrophic, and one in Apocalyptic.

IceKingz
01-19-2010, 03:04 AM
Thanks man. I actually just went into edit mode in the game, took the chart of the song and edited it accordingly. You can erase and add arrows in the mode. After it was done I filmed the chart with my camera and used that as reference so I was basically playing off of my camera. A lot of the missions really can be simplified. They take a bit of effort but if you have any questions on other ones I will be more than willing to help. Also for the 0 timing ones, I put the delay on -8 and played by rhythm. It worked for me very well and didn't take too many tries.

Xx Vesper Xx
01-19-2010, 02:49 PM
"I put the delay on -8 and played by rhythm. It worked for me very well and didn't take too many tries." lol the timing change method then.

Anyways dakisbac just keep pacing and play it everyday for a lil bit, you will get it done. Remember you don't NEED all these tricks and tools, as I have shown in my videos you can do everything legit.

Mr. Ice, DDRU1 is easier. If DDRU2 was a 10 then DDRU1 would be a 8 on the difficulty scale.

However if you want to wait. I'm going to release the DDRU1 video guide this week.

IceKingz
01-19-2010, 08:44 PM
Hah sorry I didn't know which challenge your were talking about. I'll probably get DDR1 but I'm gonna wait a while if I do because I still have many other games to work on. Keep up the amazing work Vesper!

And Dakisbac, keep it up as well! For me I basically tried to find my way around every challenge so it breezed by but without those tricks I'd probably not even be at Catastrophic yet. Just keep practicing and you will get it.

Milk Chan
01-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks to the templates I beat all of Challenge mode.

Gotta play all the songs now for my 1000

EDIT: 1000/1000 :). Time to start Uni 1.

Xx Vesper Xx
01-22-2010, 12:20 AM
Finished DDRU1 Videos, youtube allows me to upload in 1080p now so I have to convert everything might take awhile, ill have the videos up this week. Templates for DDRU1 are important especially the xenon challenge.

dakisbac
01-27-2010, 04:21 PM
Update: I finished the two "get 0 points" challenges and the "get all goods" challenge in Apocalyptic. That leaves me with four Catastrophic Challenges (including the 60 of each challenge) and the Eternus/Dead End challenge. I don't think I'll ever get Catastrophic done so (for right now anyway) I just wanna get Apocalyptic done then work on DDRU. I tried editing then syncing the Dead End chart, but that was just a failure. I'm currently looking for a Dead End simfile (for Stepmania) since those are easy to sync.