PDA

View Full Version : Capture Card ?

xM4N1CM3NT4L3Rx
01-06-2010, 05:39 AM
So I wanted to record some stuff on my xbox and my video camera sux !!

and my friend recommend I get a capture card but his idea of explaining it was , and I quote "yeah man its like a card that captures stuff you know ?"
so I was wondering what is it , where could I get one , how much does it cost and how does it work ?

Thanks in advance :P

TheJuggernautExperience
01-06-2010, 05:53 AM
Get yourself a Pinnacle Video Transfer,All you really gotta do is hit a record button it's basically like a vcr but without tape! XD You can record pretty much anything from your xbox or any other system.
All you need to do is have a flash drive to stick into the puppy and your ready to start recording.
That and three of these cables called
One male two females (It's seriouly called that)
Cost's about 10 bucks for all three of them.

Look it up if you need more info :)
or type it into youtube and you'll see a video of how it works.
(I would put up a link but i'm not on my pc sorry)

You can probably buy it for around 60$

SKIBADABOMSKI
01-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Check out this.

http://forum.videohelp.com/topic335354.html

They go into some deep details of what's what so you might get the answer you're looking for.

Spawn Man
01-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Yeah, I'd be wanting to know how to do this too. Too many of my exploits are going unrecorded - I could be the next 4PP. JK. ;)

Oh, does the card record sound? Like off the game and of your voice?

RuYi
01-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Dazzle has a nice quality for a very appealing price, but if you look to get better quality for a higher price, I highly recommend the BlackMagic Intensity Pro and the Hauppauge HD PVR, these can record in HD.

oO CurrY Oo
01-06-2010, 01:30 PM
I use a Hauppauge hd pvr to record my videos.
YouTube- Nuke nr 2
You can probably get better qualiy than this but this is just using the default settings.

B T E R
01-06-2010, 02:26 PM
fizzmatix made a guide about capture cards here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=162727). I bought dazzle dvd recorder for 40, only to find out that the software that comes th it doesn't work that well with the xbox and that i should get the platinum (70) edition.

x CmOn3y x
01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
fizzmatix made a guide about capture cards here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=162727). I bought dazzle dvd recorder for 40, only to find out that the software that comes th it doesn't work that well with the xbox and that i should get the platinum (70) edition. No you should get a Hava HD, Hauppage or Black Magic. They all record HD, Dazzle does not and creates input lag. Here is what the Hava HD looks like

YouTube- Forza 3 Nurburgring F50 GT Run

Purge
01-06-2010, 05:03 PM
fizzmatix made a guide about capture cards here (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=162727). I bought dazzle dvd recorder for 40, only to find out that the software that comes th it doesn't work that well with the xbox and that i should get the platinum (70) edition.

I got the Dazzle Platinum and the thing was a complete dud with me. I just recently got a Hauppauge to rekindle the flame of capturing! :)

Minty
01-06-2010, 05:04 PM
Whats peoples views on the Hauppage? Is it any good? Easy to use? Decent software?

Been tempted by one all week now...

Purge
01-06-2010, 06:00 PM
From what I've seen Minty, it's supposed to be phenomenal. After various delays it seems I'll be getting it tomorrow so I guess I can judge it then.

oO CurrY Oo
01-06-2010, 06:45 PM
The Hauppauge is extremely easy to use u just plug your component cables in on one end and out the other and your basicly done.
The software was a little buggy for me tho it kept giving me errors that the device was already in use when i switched games but i managed to get my hands on some older software and drivers and now everything is working no problem.

Monkeyman 8322
01-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Yer i was getting the intencity but then i got a really nice laptop so getting the hauppage or another hdprv but for now i have a dazzle 170 and using studio 12 that i got from another pinnical product went through 2 others to get colour but heres the test
YouTube- Dazzle 170 capture test using Sony Vegas 9 0 on Cod MW2
PS i now have a better intro

Edit found this if you want to compare the hd capture devices

YouTube- Intensity Pro vs Hauppauge HD PVR Comparison [HD]

MattisAce
01-06-2010, 09:25 PM
I currently have a dazzle platinum which is broke :L, had it over a year and worked fine till now the picture just goes all fuzzy and cant see anything, i paid 55 + like 10 for all cables.

But i reccomend getting HD PVR there miles better.