PDA

View Full Version : Aerial Predator on Apocalyptic Solution

Frankie Godskin
01-06-2010, 02:27 PM
This is a missable storyline achievement. When you are in the level Broken Stair, you will open a chest and find an item called a Beholder Key. You will then use this key on a blue gate that has an eye in the middle of it. Right then, stop and make a manual save, because you may need to reload the save a few times to get this achievement.

After a cutscene, you will be on the back of a dragon and on a rail sequence for about 7 minutes. You will be told the most important command--that you can hold the Right Trigger, "paint" multiple targets by moving your targeting reticle over them, and then hit multiple targets when you release the Right Trigger.

There are not a lot of enemies in this section, and you may be frustrated with a few runs of only 120-140 kills. Keep in mind you can press Back and look at your kills before, during and after the run to see how close you are to 160.

The trick to this achievement, even on Apocalyptic difficulty, is that anything you paint is still auto-targeted and killed even when it is offscreen. So when the swarm of bats flies towards you in your upper left, just paint them all by holding the right trigger and hovering over them, and then release the trigger once they're offscreen and behind you. Your shots will track them and kill them all.

In my final run, all I did was paint the enemies, and the only time it didn't work was for one swarm of bats that flew from behind me, on my bottom right, across the cavern, and outside to the left; in this one case, my shots were blocked by a stalactite instead of homing in on my targets.

You may be tempted to manually target the enemies, but when I stopped trying to be precise and just painted everything I saw, I got 182 kills in the section.

Frankie Godskin
01-07-2010, 06:19 PM
Another thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=200148) popped up asking about this, so I guess it needs to be on the front page.

S1N1ST3R II X17
01-07-2010, 09:19 PM
Nice thanks for the tip, LOL @ your sig btw. . . got a chuckle out of it.

MADasaHatter
01-07-2010, 09:40 PM
only missable cheevo I'm ... missing lol

I have a save point before it so I'll try this. I always fall 25 kills short. Frustration!

IONz
01-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I'm falling short by about 40 kills :(

UPDATE: got it after 5 more tries.....I got exactly 160 kills

adamdz
01-08-2010, 01:46 AM
This achievement is a pita. If I get it I will sacrifice some sheep for their souls.

MADasaHatter
01-08-2010, 02:24 AM
PITA indeed!

Can't seem to get this and I'm not sure why (well, I know why but having problems changing that fate)

I keep dying and having to reload the checkpoint. That's not effecting anything does it? Is it easier on Easy to do this because in Apocolyptic the stupid dragon hits me thrice and I'm toast.

adamdz
01-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Can anyone get a video of this up, I am coming up ~10 short and have no idea where to improve.

Muse89
01-08-2010, 08:49 PM
this is why you should always check if there are any missable achievements before starting a game
gunna have to start a new game one iv finished this playthrough to get this one

Sammich
01-10-2010, 01:03 AM
I had been falling short by anywhere from 1 to 10 kills. I just tried this tactic, and I was short by 36. This achievement is going to freaking kill me.

Update: Finally got it! I wasn't keeping count, but it must have taken me 15-20 tries. Good riddance.

adamdz
01-10-2010, 04:28 AM
Finally got it also. Took someone elses advice and worked up to ~100 kills before that large dragon you fight flies in. Just make a couple saves at the waypoints before and keep looking for spots to improve. Once you have 100 at that dragon just keep reloading from that save and you should get it eventually.

GradeAbra
01-11-2010, 05:12 AM
How do i know how many enemy i have kill in this Minigame?

ponypo2001
01-11-2010, 05:23 AM
How do i know how many enemy i have kill in this Minigame?

Press the back button and it's in your stats there.Just make a note of what it's at before you start the sequence.

GradeAbra
01-11-2010, 06:01 AM
Can i save halfway during the Minigame. I hate having to restart all over again and again just for this achievement.

cra
01-11-2010, 09:50 AM
imo you can save but you would restart at the beginning anyway.

GradeAbra
01-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Then whats the point of saving?

Mister Binky
01-11-2010, 03:12 PM
The point of saving is so that you have a manual save to load from to work on getting more kills in a particular section. Let's say you do the whole thing and don't get enough kills. Without manual saves you're pretty much screwed because an autosave occurs when you're done with the sequence. By manually saving at each waypoint you can load up say, two waypoints ago and pick up from there to get more kills.

KloudStrife
01-11-2010, 10:53 PM
It's pretty easy really. If you see swarms of bats, paint them all with your charge attack, and immediately let go and target them again. When you see swarms of bats, you shouldn't be targeting anything else anyways, because the bats give you 20-30 kills per swarm if you charge-paint fast enough.

I passed this section my 2nd try on Apoc. Compare that to over 10 tries to kill Tiamat, lol.

End all Be all
01-12-2010, 04:52 AM
for enemies like the dragon dont lockon just keep firing at it regular as quick as you can and move left and right to avoid attacks.. it dies pretty quick

Sentyu
01-15-2010, 03:29 AM
i always fail by 3 :( oh well keep trying till i get it lol

reverendmeta
01-15-2010, 04:45 AM
I finally got this after about 8 tries.

It seems you can only have so many targets "locked on" at one time, or painted, so what I did was move the stick quickly to paint as many as I could, then quickly let go and pull trigger again without stopping the stick at all, I'd keep it moving, often in a circular motion to paint/lock-on to as many bats in the swarms as possible.

You'll want to have 50+ kills by the time you hit the first checkpoint (end of the first angel area, you'll see a save logo) and like they said above, about a hundred by the time you have to fight the big dragon.

The Ultrafiend
01-15-2010, 05:46 AM
What I thought was going to be a quick and painless achievement is swiftly becoming a major pain in the arse.

Sha
01-15-2010, 09:16 AM
I'm not sure...but I have a feeling that if you get killed during the flight and reload the checkpoint, the kills you did still count to your total.

On my third attempt I made a stupid mistake and died... about 3/4 of the way through ...the achievement popped and I had over 200 kills after the run.

Treguard
01-21-2010, 01:59 AM
I'm not sure...but I have a feeling that if you get killed during the flight and reload the checkpoint, the kills you did still count to your total.

On my third attempt I made a stupid mistake and died... about 3/4 of the way through ...the achievement popped and I had over 200 kills after the run.

Can anyone else confirm this?

The Ultrafiend
01-21-2010, 02:01 AM

Didn't work for me I'm afraid. I died on purpose halfway through the tunnel section and it restarted me with the same amount of kills as when I triggered the checkpoint.

AhhNee
02-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I finally got this after about 8 tries.

It seems you can only have so many targets "locked on" at one time, or painted, so what I did was move the stick quickly to paint as many as I could, then quickly let go and pull trigger again without stopping the stick at all, I'd keep it moving, often in a circular motion to paint/lock-on to as many bats in the swarms as possible.

You'll want to have 50+ kills by the time you hit the first checkpoint (end of the first angel area, you'll see a save logo) and like they said above, about a hundred by the time you have to fight the big dragon.

THANK YOU! After I read this I got tge chieve! I didnt have 50+ at the first checkpoint, but with your technique I manged to get really a lot of those tiny ones in the cave so I had 100+ when I was at the big dragonů

elsmitmyster
03-14-2010, 09:08 PM
Okay, I have 98 kills after beating the big dragon, then go through a cavern where LOADS of bats come swarming from right and in front but I can only get to the other side of this cavern with 107 kills?! I don't get it . . . I'm painting every SOB that moves ands I only get 9 kills through that cavern?!

Coldsnap
03-14-2010, 11:56 PM
Pro tip: Go to Options and turn up aim sensitivity to about 75 percent on Aim X and Aim Y. I did this my first try after coming back to it.

elsmitmyster
03-15-2010, 01:00 AM
Done it now. Went back and replayed until I had 110 after the second dragon dude. Managed to get 160 just before end of level - thank god and good night.

Hammerdrake
03-16-2010, 01:25 AM
Definitely a difficult achievment - my "last" in the game.

This took me many, many tries, none within 15 of 160! Remeber this later, I tried this at least 20 times without getting more than 145 kills.

What worked for me was to make a manual save as soon as I saw the autosave icon each time. I checked my kills and thought about how effective that run from check point to check point was, and then repeated that part of the run until I was satisfied that I had improved enough. This allowed me to learn the enemy patterns and perfect each small portion. Then I made a new manual save. And repeated after each checkpoint. Using this method, after doing each section a few times, I hit the 160 shortly after defeating the big dragon/demon thing, maybe 2/3rds of the way through the whole level - that is a DRASTIC improvement.

My goals:
1) 18
2) 37 (not sure if this was one or two checkpoints - from waterfall to underground - there didn't seem to be as much room for improvement in this section)
3) 55 (this got me to 110 just before the big demon/dragon)

Shooting for those goals and replaying, I actually exceeded each I think.

Hope that helps.

Kenmaster360
03-16-2010, 11:42 AM
I am playing Normal, I don't know if it is also apply to Apocalyptic

IMO, the easiest way is using AUTO-FIRE only(I used Horipad EX2). On the other hand, there is no doubt that most people can do manual rapid-fire to do the same thing, but I am not one of them :)

The homing fire seems a great help for the 160+ kills achievement, but it doesn't!

The single shots are much more powerful, higher speed and higher frequency than the homing shots. Using single shots can kill the armored angels and lot of bugs in short time!

According to the achievement guide, I have tried 10+ time in concentrated on effectively to use multiple-homing fire to unlock the 160+ kills achievment but never success, got ~140 kills only. But I have got 180+ kills in my first try in using auto-fire-only on the whole way!

Of course, remember the sequence and position of enemies is a great help.

I hope the above information is helpful.

UPDATED:
I can confirm that using auto-fire (with turbo controller) can easy unlock the achievment in Apocalyptic. I did it again in frist try for my friend account. (170+ kills)

ianke_2002
03-18-2010, 05:02 AM
Okay, I have 98 kills after beating the big dragon, then go through a cavern where LOADS of bats come swarming from right and in front but I can only get to the other side of this cavern with 107 kills?! I don't get it . . . I'm painting every SOB that moves ands I only get 9 kills through that cavern?!

i am going through the EXACT same situation as this.....to the T.......and im getting like 2...3 kills from these swarms...WTF.....ive turned up the sensitivity...and i KNOW im painting a LOT of these things......i should EASILY be getting this achievement but yet i get out of the tunnel with maybe 9 or 10 added on to the 150.....can someone please clarify WHY this is not killing all the ones im painting????

Horwitz
03-26-2010, 05:07 AM
I finally got it after my 9th try. I suggest what the previous posts have stated, get 100 by the time you fight the dragon creature in the cave and then SAVE! This will save you many headaches as all you have to worry about is cleaning up the remaining 60 you need which is do-able given enough persistence.

Wraithdagger
03-26-2010, 05:38 AM
What you have to do is just brush-paint the swarms. Do a quick pass getting as many as possible, then keep sweeping until they're either dead or out of range. I got it on my 2nd or 3rd try with just over 160 kills.

miiiguel
04-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks to the guy(s) who sugested tweaking the cursor speed, it worked for me right away.
I wished I knew that sooner, I wasted +2 hours trying, after increasing the speed, I did it 2nd try.

Filter x360a
04-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Wow, just made it on my fifth go by 3 kills! I just kept targeting and releasing as fast as I could, and watching the corners of the screen more then the center. Thanks for the tips peeps!

NonFat
04-10-2010, 11:45 AM
after reading through this thread i had been dreading trying to get this achievement. especially after my experience with the Don't get cocky, kid achievement in Dead Space discussed here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=154909
this achievement took me hours and was possibly one of the most frustrating i have ever tried to get.

so i made a save file before the event, tried it once and moved on, and when i went back to do the achievement i got it on my 1st try!!!

what everyone said held true for me as well, get 100 kills before the dragon in the tunnel and then hope you can get 60 kills from the swarms after him but really do not discount the other guys flying through, they may mean getting or missing the achievement!

NonFat

dersuedwanderer
06-08-2010, 07:17 AM
UNOBTAINABLE for me :rant:

Ozbaab
06-12-2010, 08:26 PM
People really had problems with it :o

I just got it on my third try on apocalyptic, racked up 172 kills.
The way I did was held RT most of the time just rolled right stick around the centre of the screen, even when there was no enemies on the screen, that way when they popped onto screen they got painted right away and I could release the trigger. Fast I held down RT again and did the same.

Veilor
06-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Having trouble with this one so trying out the save goal I read about . But can anyone explain why I loose 5 kills when saving? I saved and had about 530 kills in my stats ( I checked right after saving and right after the checkpoint) but then when reloading I have 525.. like what the hell?!

edit: got it.. that took me a lot of tries.

dersuedwanderer
06-14-2010, 07:22 AM

IMO, the easiest way is using AUTO-FIRE only(I used Horipad EX2). On the other hand, there is no doubt that most people can do manual rapid-fire to do the same thing, but I am not one of them :)

The homing fire seems a great help for the 160+ kills achievement, but it doesn't!

The single shots are much more powerful, higher speed and higher frequency than the homing shots. Using single shots can kill the armored angels and lot of bugs in short time!

According to the achievement guide, I have tried 10+ time in concentrated on effectively to use multiple-homing fire to unlock the 160+ kills achievment but never success, got ~140 kills only. But I have got 180+ kills in my first try in using auto-fire-only on the whole way!

UPDATED:
I can confirm that using auto-fire (with turbo controller) can easy unlock the achievment in Apocalyptic. I did it again in frist try for my friend account. (170+ kills)

confirm. Did it!!! Unbelievable. Using Auto-fire and manual saves, every time the autosave symbol appears. Replaying every track ┤til I found out, I killed the maximum and - voila - got it. On the second try 167 kills. Thanks everybody for hints.

Ozbaab
06-14-2010, 08:09 AM
What is AUTO-FIRE anyway?

dersuedwanderer
06-14-2010, 09:34 AM
modded controller called "Rapid-Fire"

hgroce15
06-29-2010, 06:59 PM
When yall are talking about seeing your kills, are you talking about pressing start and seeing your total kills before you start the event, and then checking at each checkpoint or am I blind and there is an actual counter some where?

I'm having a hard time getting this achievement, and its the last one I need!!!!! I did my first play through on Apoc, so I started a new game on easy just for this one achievement and I still can't get it lol. I guess I'll try the increase scroll speed tonight.

Hammerdrake
06-29-2010, 07:34 PM
But can anyone explain why I loose 5 kills when saving? I saved and had about 530 kills in my stats ( I checked right after saving and right after the checkpoint) but then when reloading I have 525.. like what the hell?!

Even when you make a manual save, the games just writes the most recent quick save to the manual save file location. When saving, only your progress up to the last quick save is kept. So, you had 525 at the quick save, made 5 more kills, then made a manual save, which reverted back to your 525 quicksave.

What is AUTO-FIRE anyway?

I think when most folks here say AUTO-FIRE, they mean holding down the trigger and painting targets, then release the shots the AUTO-FIRE to the painted targets. This is as opposed to "pumping" the trigger to manually generate each shot. Perhaps the best is if you have a rapid-fire or turbo controller to generate a massive number of shots.

When yall are talking about seeing your kills, are you talking about pressing start and seeing your total kills before you start the event, and then checking at each checkpoint or am I blind and there is an actual counter some where?

I'm having a hard time getting this achievement, and its the last one I need!!!!! I did my first play through on Apoc, so I started a new game on easy just for this one achievement and I still can't get it lol. I guess I'll try the increase scroll speed tonight.

Yes, just check the kill tally on the Stats screen. As I mentioned above, becuase of the save mechanism, it might seem like you "lose" some kills, but you really don't.

Difficulty doesn't really seem to affect this achievement. The biggest impact is reducing the damage you recieve. It appears that the enemies take the same number of shots in each difficulty to down.

Good luck!

DanTheManGum
07-02-2010, 10:19 AM
Got this my 2nd try no problem(on apoc). Paint the little stuff and manual fire the larger angels (some only take 2-3 autoshots). Really great tips in this thread.

RedDwarfUK
07-10-2010, 10:57 AM
I don't think many people visit this board now but I have found a real easy way to do this achievement and all it takes is two or three memory modules.

Ok, so I read all the posts here and took everything onboard.

First make a save before you enter the door so you can revert back.

1) Increased my sensitivity up past 50% (I didnt like 75%).
2) Then I played up to the first checkpoint (Its around the first waterfall) you will see the save icon appear.
3) As soon as it does press back and check your kills. Now at this point it should have autosaved.

The first checkpoint you should be aiming for around 19-20 kills.

4) If you havent reached this number reload the save you made and start again.
5) Once you have got to around 19-20 make sure the autosave has completed then go back to the dashboard.
6) Make a backup of the autosave to one (or both) your memory stick/s
7) Go back into the game and continue from the autosaved point. Check your kills, they should still be around 19-20 kills.
8) Start the next checkpoint, this autosaves when you turn right when your up on the road.

The second checkpoint you should aim for around 18-20.

9) When you get these kills for this section and your sure its autosaved, drop back to desktop.
10) Back up the autosave to your backup memory overwriting the one you did in step 6.

then just repeat from step 7.

I did 3-4 checkpoints trying to get as many kills as I could. When I beat my best score I dropped to desktop and copied the save then moved on.

I did the full run and got the achievement 1st time on apocalyptic.

Once you get to the section before the dragon where all the small batty things are make sure you get as many as possible. I had around 100 kills just after the first dragon/demon thing showed up.

I had never played the rest but I decided to do one playthrough just to see how it played and was joyed when the achievement popped way before the end.

Hope this helps anyone who is going to attempt this in the future.

If you want any more info just drop me a line or message me in Live.

shinobigarth
07-17-2010, 02:08 AM
having a hard time on this too. going for it on the Normal playthrough, or what im calling the Abyssal Armor playthrough. getting closer each time though.

what i hate is how they left out the incredibly obvious "reload checkpoint" menu option. WTF you guys? thats an integral part in any action game, especially one with missable achievements! its such a waste of time having to quit out to the menu every damn time.

MATH3W MAGNUM77
07-22-2010, 03:06 AM
play game on easy.. big angel-people w massive guns die quicker.. so do the demons inside the magma spewing caves.. and always 'paint-brush' the bat-like-tiny-flying-minions..
another tip
remember where the bat-like-tiny-flying-minions come from..
fire first at ones who approach u and then at the ones overtaking u (they will still be visible after the incoming stream is lost..)

Vanilla Coke Zero
08-03-2010, 07:00 AM

UPDATED:

what a useful tip! let me get my turbo controller. oh wait. i don't have one.

AdHominem
08-04-2010, 02:35 AM
I only got 150 ALL THE TIME. Then i discover the LT Button to Lock On !!

SO EVERYONE, USE THE "LT" BUTTON !!

Scnew
08-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Was trying this last night... well, trying Darksiders in general last night as I just bought it. ;) I got it on about my 5th or 6th try. I kept missing it by a huge margin, then when I finally got it, I think I had maybe 2 kills over 160. Whew! Glad I checked out the missable achievements before I started playing.

Lordji
08-06-2010, 09:53 PM
Dammit, I'm around 100 kills after the big dragon but then in the cave, if i refer to my stats i can't make more than 10 kills. WHAT THE FUCK? Do you need several shots to kill the small bugs?

I tried around ten times then I lost my temper over this hell of an achievement.

Lordji
08-07-2010, 01:14 PM

UPDATED:

Ok, i did it w/ rapid fire on one run (with preventive saves) and got 169 kills. Thanks for making me think about my turbo pad.

Damn this achivement was hard. I hope the rest of the game will be ok (i play in apo difficulty).

FRAUDBOT
08-08-2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks everyone, all the info was a lot of help. I found that tagging those small bat enemies was really hit or miss, I had some attempts where it seemed like a tagged whole groups and didn't see many souls flying back to me. Used some saves at the waypoints after good scores and when I finally got the achievement I didn't feel like it was my best run but it got the job done.

Pixel_Perfect
08-09-2010, 11:05 PM
Thanks for the tips! I can't remember how many tries it took me until I read this and watched a video... definitely a tough achievement!

unkled20
08-15-2010, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone! Helped me get this super pita achievement!!

FTWer
09-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Can anyone confirm if playing on easy kills enemies faster than playing on Apocalyptic?

Kinjin
09-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Huzzah, 1000/1000! Nice to have this achievement put to bed finally.

Windvool
10-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Old topic but I thought I would add a couple of tips I picked up. Got this on my 3rd go. Close to the start you will find red petrol trucks that blow up if you shoot them, not too sure how many kills this gets you but I know there are a few zombies in the area. There were a total of 3 trucks. I also found that the big angles with the shields were too hard to kill and I instead focused on some of the bats that also fly in the area. Note: this is all before you head into the tunnel section.

Trombonafide
11-06-2010, 08:16 AM
GAH! The closest I've gotten is 142 kills. This achievement is just mean in its parameters...

Trombonafide
11-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Furthermore, can anyone confirm whether or not BFA must be completed on one playthrough? I'me tempted to get every other achievement then drop the diff. to easy for this motherfucker.

limination
12-09-2010, 06:11 PM
I don't see how I'm supposed to get this, the stupid "painter" thing targets them (all the really small enemies that die with one hit) and no matter what, my kill thingie doesn't go up. The fucking hell?!

EDIT: Just got it! YES!

essecks
12-13-2010, 02:08 PM
Just got it (after completing the game on Apocalyptic, too). Difficulty was set to Apocalyptic.

Some points that helped me:

1. Playing through so many times made me remember exactly where each mob spawned, and at what point in time they spawned. Very helpful.

2. You'll need to "paint" all of the minor enemies - the angels and the little bat things. Don't paint the big "three ball" guys - just spam the single shots at them and you'll kill them easy. As in, ridiculously easy.

3. Saving at a checkpoint and then playing from there helps a lot. I can't stress this enough. The checkpoint I used: I played through a few times until I was pretty confident that I was going well, and then I'd check to make sure I'd got 100 at the big dragon thing fight. If not, reload from the start. If so, save there. After this, you'll just need to kill off a lot less guys, you're already over halfway there. 100 and the big dragon guy is also a pretty easy thing to remember.

I got 162 on my run through using these tips. Not a brilliant margin, but enough. And to be fair, I wouldn't have kept on going after had I not been at the end anyway - this was my last achievement.

Feels good, man.

Ronnie86
02-15-2011, 05:36 PM
im gonna try to get it and hope i dont swear to much :)

SevenFisher
02-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Urgh, I fucked up. I've been attempting this and managed to get 87 kills and I thought if I could attempt and get 160 kills (big hope, I know) and I accidently saved my manual save which is before the door! FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUU-

Good thing BFA achievement is over multiple playthroughs. So this achievement can fuck off for now.

xMeshuggah
03-26-2011, 06:21 PM
Yes, I died on the part where there is 2 rocket angels and still got it

macd
05-06-2011, 04:21 AM
Finished up all the over achievements on Apoc earlier but must have accidentally saved over this. Replayed the first hour of the game to get my save in the right place, and made a backup of it.

However, I just can't do this. Got over 100 a couple of times, but my average is below that. Max so far was run 9 with 114. Lowest was run 2 with only 79. I'll retry tomorrow, just got his then BFA should pop and I'll get another completed game on my list.

macd
05-06-2011, 05:38 PM
It took me a lot of tries to get this.

What I'd recommend is do the first bit a few times and after the checkpoint save. Play from whatever file has the highest count. Why? Well, the tunnel sections are most important from my counts, as they have the groups of small bats.

Anyway, if anyone wants rough targets, here is what kills I got in each area:
Start - 265
Going through the waterfall - 279 (14 kills, 14 kills total)
Entering the caves - 307 (28 kills, 42 kills total)
Finish - 432 - (125 kills, 167 total).

Slow and painful for me, I appear to be worse than most at this game (I also struggled a lot early on in my Apoc run too - single run so no Abyssal Armour btw)

Earth Djinn
06-08-2011, 08:50 AM
Took me about 5 tries. I'm just glad I knew to make the save beforehand, I would've hated to have to replay all the way through just to get this one achievement.

ShadowEdge6
06-12-2011, 10:50 PM
Ok well this is my two cent I tried the auto lock on pressing rt and that didn't work for me so what I did after the dragon part I had 105 kill when I saw the large bat groups I just pressed the hell out of the rt button and holding the lt the while.time and I made is with just one to spare . Good luck

StarDreamer99
07-01-2011, 01:07 AM
Finally got it on my 7th attempt. My last achievement.

For my initial runs, I was doing around 135 plus or minus 10. Then I started to learn when and where to look out for those little swarms. For my 7th attempt, I got around 170.

Hiigarian
07-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Finally, FINALLY, after some 20+ tries, I managed to nail this one.

I've seen the video, I read all of the advice there was on this board, and in the end, I pumped up the sensitivity on 75% and sprayed everything on screen. Also, going through the course several times wasn't a bad idea at all - I've managed to learn where I was wrong, and where I missed some bats and / or angels. Actually, those nailed me the cheevo in the end, simply because I was always around 140+ kills and short on four or five bat waves. Voila.

Now I just need to leave War to ride in the Ashlands for two hours, and 100% is mine. :)

Rashaka1
07-19-2011, 07:00 PM
On my attempt I got 47 on the first auto save, 100 on the second auto save and 160 exactly on the final auto save... This would be a lot easier with a rapid fire controller.... I can't believe how difficult they are to find where I live. =-/

DangerousHabits
08-04-2011, 10:19 PM
Firstly, difficulty level doesn't affect how hard enemies are to kill for this one section. Mobs will do more damage to you, but it takes as many hits on easy, as it does on apoc to kill something, so go ahead and start the game on apoc if you want to clear all achievements in one playthrough. Secondly, there are two places where you can take advantage of the save feature. The first is the autosave, which will occur as you enter the lava cave and have to kill the giant bat creature. The other is a manual save which will place you right before the circular lava cave where the bat creature flies in, but you don't kill it yet (this is earlier than the autosave spot). My recommendation is when you start to take note of your current kill count. If you can get exactly 100 kills (plus or minus one or two) where the manual save (NOT AUTOSAVE) picks up, you're ok to continue. Keep restarting the level and playing to the manual save spot trying for your best score. If you can get those 100 kills, there are enough in the second half to get the other 60 kills. Replaying the level a few times not focusing on kills, but instead on the bats, ground mobs, etc. will help you identify improvement spots. Don't get so focused on the angels, etc. in front of you that you don't hit the ground mobs(usually killed by hitting tankers/buses) and rapid fly-by bats. This is by far the hardest achievement and you will be glad when you finally get it.

dame247
08-05-2011, 03:10 PM
i just got it 164 kills damn that feels good and its a 100% :)

antydsr
08-18-2011, 01:22 PM
I noticed something. It is NOT true that these little 'flies' count as kills. It's the duskbats that are among them that count! I checked this several times. You must aim at the duskbats among these little fliers to score kills. Also, there are few places when duskbats fly by you on screen. The do not shoot at you, just fly by. Try to spot them and kill them to rack up kills. There are 3 or 4 groups of 3 that do that BEFORE you fly into caves.

Good luck!

AngryBearTony
08-25-2011, 03:45 AM
This was pretty helpful. Also, as someone else said earlier, playing through a few times was super helpful to remember where everything was. Before going through the waterfall, I think I only ever killed 12 or 13, never more or less, no matter what I seemed to do. But going through the caves is where the main action is, easily. And on Apoc, actually trying to actively kill that big dragon is secondary to killing other things, but on the other hand, my health took a nice plunge. Overall, took me about 7 or 8 tries, total, before I got this one. I feel good that I've gotten 3 of the 4 missables, though, so early in my playthrough.

Buzz VII
08-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Tried this 5 times so far. This is a real PITA achievement.

Joel78
08-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Yes it is, it took me quite a few hours to do it, a few times I was falling just 1 short but finally got it. I reckon I got Mile High Club in COD faster than I got this.
I don't know if anyone else had the same problem but sometimes when there was a lot of enemies on the screen it became a bit jerky and was harder to target them, installing the game to the hard drive fixed that and I got it soon after.

AngryBearTony
08-31-2011, 05:17 AM
I've got to disagree, Joel; this was way easier than MHC. God, that took like 100 tries...

Joel78
09-01-2011, 01:25 AM
I agree that MHC was much harder...but I think I got lucky with that, only took around an hour or so to get it whereis I swear I was trying this for at least 2 hours before I got it.

Elm
09-16-2011, 07:18 AM
Got this on my first try without even realizing I was at that part on apoc difficulty. I don't know how people are having a problem with this.

bushmaster2000
09-18-2011, 12:48 AM
took me FOREVER to get it but finally did after watching some youtube vidz.

First thing is don't be distracted by the stuff that takes more than one shot to kill like the bigger angels. They are distracting you from finding the locusts and insects to kill which come in swarms are the most important priority to getting 160kills.

Use right trigger to lock on to stuff flying at you and let go and your bullets will fly off the screen and still kill.

There are a few fuel trucks on the ground, make sure you manual shoot those for free kills.

Other than that, you just need to play this and really watch where the insect swarms come from and when, and also where the bats come from and where. These are your ez kills and high priority targets for getting your 160.

When i finally figured out what i had to do, I finished the level with 180 kills. Popped the achievements about 2/3rds the way thru.

cacodemon54
02-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Got this one with exactly 160, took me awhile though. If I can do this anyone can.

Kif
03-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Before I went in I had 444 kills, I came out with 614 and no achievement. Anyone else had this one glitch on them?

EDIT: And again, 613, no achievement.

And once more. 628, still nothing. This is making me not want to deal with the game now if it's going to be glitchy.

Fixboss
01-12-2014, 08:35 PM
Finally got it with 161 kills!!! After I tried it a dozen times. The tip of having about a 100 kills at the big dragon worked great for me. Did raised sensitivity to around 75% and then you paint and release as fast as you can. Thanks to all who provided help in that post :)

Explicitlyy
02-03-2014, 07:16 AM
I'm not looking forward to doing this one. :( Especially if it's this hard (kinda) and people say it's glitchy. I want my 100% though ;~;