PDA

View Full Version : Glitched achievements

Smashing Impact
01-06-2010, 03:25 PM
So, what achievements have you got before you done what was requested.

Last night, I got the 5 streak without losing on Fifa 10 when I had a 2 streak I believe it was. It has really annoyed me and I have sat for quite a while trying to get it so I can say I deserve the achievement. I will get it eventually, I hope!

dakisbac
01-06-2010, 03:28 PM
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is my achievement in Gears 2 for being level 5. I unlocked that playing locally with my friend but haven't played online at all.

You'll likely see a lot of responses regarding online Guitar Hero achievements since those are glitchy as hell. Sadly, those achievements always either unlocked on time or late for me, never early.

xtye
01-06-2010, 03:54 PM
The only one I can think of off the top of my head is my achievement in Gears 2 for being level 5. I unlocked that playing locally with my friend but haven't played online at all.

You'll likely see a lot of responses regarding online Guitar Hero achievements since those are glitchy as hell. Sadly, those achievements always either unlocked on time or late for me, never early.

I have yet to see any glitchy Guitar Hero achievements...sounds more like people can't unlock them so they claim glitch.

Mine was Guitar Hero 5 though for playing as my avatar.

Rocket
01-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I have yet to see any glitchy Guitar Hero achievements...sounds more like people can't unlock them so they claim glitch.

Mine was Guitar Hero 5 though for playing as my avatar.

Yes because 1000's of people would just jump to the same theory of why they couldn't unlock achievements in GH games...right. Considering I have the one in GHIII for winning however many consecutive games (its either hosted or joined, think hosted) yet I was never on a streak at all. The game I won was the first game I won. But then, when I went on to win 25+ games in a row using a controller, that just didn't unlock. So yeah it must be that I just can't unlock it.

mosin360
01-06-2010, 04:24 PM
My buddy and I playing TnA Impact online. Thou I think it just gave it to me as a sign of respect since we were the only people online.

Nlkuysdf
01-06-2010, 04:48 PM
I unlocked all the Club Gold Trophies on FIFA 09 without ever playing any tournament. Still had to do the online tourneys, but what a relieve it was to not have to do both.

Sizzlebuzz
01-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Yes because 1000's of people would just jump to the same theory of why they couldn't unlock achievements in GH games...right. Considering I have the one in GHIII for winning however many consecutive games (its either hosted or joined, think hosted) yet I was never on a streak at all. The game I won was the first game I won. But then, when I went on to win 25+ games in a row using a controller, that just didn't unlock. So yeah it must be that I just can't unlock it.

I have never experienced any of those glitched achievements in GH3. I got the full 1k for it as well. The only glitched achievement I have noticed in that game, is after completing a career with a guitar, you can plug in a controller and get the achievement for getting a career done with a controller. But that was the only one I ever found. I tried it with the lefty career, but it didn't work. Playing a career on lefty sucked.

CaptainSpanner
01-06-2010, 06:56 PM
I was playing Rogue Warrior with a friend and we were playeing a friendly deathmatch. I got the last kill winning the match with half a second to go and he got the achievements for Mission 3, 4, 8 Pop up. He hasnt even done missions 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8. And now its going to look fucked on his profile.

OneSweetShannon
01-06-2010, 07:28 PM
The "Friend" achievement in A Kingdom for Keflings unlocked for me when I had only had 6 visitor banner towers in my kingdom instead of the prerequisite 10.

theOgrius
01-06-2010, 07:28 PM
In Yaris, there is an achievment for joining or hosting a ranked match and winning. Turns out it credits if you simply join unranked match that you are invited to by a different person and win. The person inviting will not get the achievement even if they win though. Found this out last week.

Infection Ftw
01-06-2010, 08:09 PM
When I was playing Halo 3: ODST on Normal solo the game crashes at the cutscene of the second last mission. After I rebooted my xbox I was able to finish the last mission and got the Complete the game on Normal achievement but I still needed one achievement for completing mission something on Normal or higher difficulty. So that was weird.

Edit: Missed the 'before part' so I guess the above doesn't count for this.

bapae
01-06-2010, 08:12 PM
I got the achievement for 250 or 500 pistol kills on RS:Vegas after only killing 2 enemy's.

TVC613
01-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Upon starting my second playthrough for Borderlands, I automatically recieved both of the complete all quests achievements. Right away, I went back to my first playthrough and finished the remaining quests, as I wanted it to feel like I got it legit.

Ackis
01-06-2010, 10:10 PM
I've had a few that I've gotten when I shouldn't have, but I don't really pay much attention to them as they're progression based usually (ohh level 5 achievement at level 1... w00t?).

Beatonator
01-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Would have to say Crackdown.

Climb to the top of the agency tower...

It unlocked when I climb to the top of a building in La Mugre. Wasn't even a tall building lol. Seems alot of my mates have problems climbing to the top of the agency building as I used to have a race with them and they always used to give up. lol.

Lil Miss Nikki
01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
I myself can't say that I have ever some across a glitchy achievement yet that I can remember however my brother has on the odd occasion said he had a glitched achievement on Guitar Hero games.