PDA

View Full Version : Improved Skills in 15 minutes

MADasaHatter
01-06-2010, 07:32 PM
LostandConfused had this idea and I'm just going through what I did to get this cheevo early.

1. I killed everything I could with a breakable item.
2. Got up to the Crossroads.
3. Before I get the Earthcaller, while collecting souls for the demon, I used all the breakables on the zombies.

*The lamposts and cars swing well so try to get the zombies in one area to get multi hits.
*The oildrums, mailposts and barricades should be thrown at the zombies for an instant kill.
*the parking meters and signs can be used but it takes multiple swings.

4. So I cleared the little area of the map, going into both subways and the small office building.
5. Instead of going to the demon, save your game and quit.
6. Reload it and all the objects should respawn, including enemies.
7. Reduce, reuse, recyle.

Note: I tried this after I got the Earthcaller and nothing respawned. But luckily, I got the cheevo in 15 minutes. Only took me about three reloads of the small section.

And, to boot, I farmed a great deal of souls in the process and unlocked some good moves early.

Baris
01-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Everything respawns when you leave and re-enter an area :) Im hopping back and forth beteween 2 killing the easy zombies for both the 150 item kills and the 150 horseback kills :)

Korobar
01-06-2010, 09:42 PM
No. Only the Enemies respawn. Not the breakables.

MADasaHatter
01-06-2010, 09:54 PM
yeah

After you talk to the demon and get the earthcaller, the objects you've used are gone and don't respawn. This is for people who want to get the cheevo out of the way before going through the game.

mksystem74
01-06-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm only getting about 10-15 zombies when I try this

Baris
01-06-2010, 10:54 PM
No. Only the Enemies respawn. Not the breakables.

Hmm didn't even notice that :O

Have the horseman achievement now :) all i need now is to kill me some zombies with car's :D

MADasaHatter
01-06-2010, 11:06 PM
I'm only getting about 10-15 zombies when I try this

I'm not sure how many I was able to tack on before the area was clear. But like I said, I only had to reload the map 3 maybe 4 times and it popped. Just make sure you check all of the places including the back passed the offices where a lizard guy and three zombies (and inside the offices are 2)

Nicpezer
01-07-2010, 02:55 AM
yeah

After you talk to the demon and get the earthcaller, the objects you've used are gone and don't respawn. This is for people who want to get the cheevo out of the way before going through the game.
Nope, at least for me this doesn't work. I haven't obtain the earthcaller, and yet when I load my game only a few of the enemies come back, and all the items I used previously are still gone.

MADasaHatter
01-07-2010, 05:12 AM
Nope, at least for me this doesn't work. I haven't obtain the earthcaller, and yet when I load my game only a few of the enemies come back, and all the items I used previously are still gone.

hmm then I'm not sure. Guess I got lucky?

yevinorion
01-07-2010, 07:02 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for this strategy. It worked for me beautifully. Never fully respawned all the objects or enemies, but enough of each that I did a few runs (maybe 5?) and got the achievement.

MADasaHatter
01-07-2010, 05:00 PM
at least it helped someone

Is everyone playing on Apocolyptic difficulty?

yevinorion
01-07-2010, 05:12 PM

Actually just playing on Normal. Most likely going to run through on Apocalyptic after I get my Abyssal Armor.

lingenfelser
01-07-2010, 07:11 PM

I switched from Normal to Apocalyptic. Still pretty easy... just died a couple of times before Samael. Where on Normal I didn't die once.