PDA

View Full Version : Can't use 360 with new adapter

Mister Buds
01-06-2010, 08:52 PM
if you guys didn't know, comcast finally switched over their whole system to digital. i still have an analog tv. 1989 phillips magnavox to be exact. so i haven't been able to get any shows on my tv for a couple days now.

today the adapters came in which basically allow digital shows to play on our analog tvs. problem is because my tv's so old, i had to connect my 360 with an A/B switch. the new adapters only have enough cable ports for the tv meaning i can't get my A/B switch on it too. if i try connecting my 360 without the adapter, it has no cable source to draw from.

anyone have any work around for this or will i just never be able to play my 360 again?

NinjaPhilly
01-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Maybe stop being so cheap and buy a new TV or monitor? ;)

Rocket
01-06-2010, 10:05 PM

You're a douche. Not everyone has to have the latest and greatest things.

To the OP, you're going to have to just switch back and forth. When you want to game, you're gonna have to unplug the cable stuff and plug in the 360 stuff. Only way I know of. However, you should check at your local Radio Shack, they may have some adapters that will allow the connection of multiple plugs.

Mister Buds
01-06-2010, 10:24 PM

believe me, i'd love to get a new tv. i don't have any extra cash right now. working two jobs as it is.

You're a douche. Not everyone has to have the latest and greatest things.

To the OP, you're going to have to just switch back and forth. When you want to game, you're gonna have to unplug the cable stuff and plug in the 360 stuff. Only way I know of. However, you should check at your local Radio Shack, they may have some adapters that will allow the connection of multiple plugs.

i'm not sure if adapters like this are even on the general market yet. this one's made by my cable company specifically for this update. will definitely give radio shack a check friday though.

bapae
01-06-2010, 10:31 PM
When playing your xbox just switch the cables only takes 2 mins max

Mister Buds
01-06-2010, 10:50 PM
When playing your xbox just switch the cables only takes 2 mins max

yeah, seems i'll have to make due with this for now. not as simple as switching cables though, i have to completely disconnect the adapter or my tv thinks there's an error with my connection.