PDA

View Full Version : Stuck at Broken Chairs Mini-boss battle

GearheadGrimm
01-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Ok im stuck fighting this giant monster you see at the very beginning of the game with the 2 claws on his hands idk what you call him, but he's at the end of the broken chairs-the broken bridges that you jump over and he throws the cars at you etc. Well I've tried several times and since im playing on apocalyptic im getting raped everytime. If anyone knows an easy way to kill him or what to do i would appreciate it if you posted here telling me.

Remember im on apocalpytic so if someone's beat him on apocalyptic too that would be nice if you posted here also.

buckethead069
01-06-2010, 10:57 PM
keep dashing backwards when he swings at you. itll take him a little while to recover after he swings, so dash back in and swing at him. rinse and repeat until he's dead. if he still has yet to come over to the platform that you're on, wait until he throws something at you and press B right before he hits you. War will catch it and then you can throw it back. hope this helps. game is damn hard on apocalyptic.

The Ultrafiend
01-08-2010, 04:36 AM
This same guy is absolutely kicking my ARSE.

The minute I try and dash away from his health-raping one/two punch combo, he covers so much damn ground that it's practically impossible for me to get away. If he doesn't catch me with his first, he ALWAYS gets me with his second.

Help me out here guys. I'm about two more attempts away from a three day farming stint to stock up on seventy empty vials.

EDIT: Never mind, got the bastard.

Mullet87
01-08-2010, 11:15 AM
You mean The Broken Stair?

Anyways I'm playing on Apolcalyptic and beat him first try. Use that horn of yours (RT). It will make him stumble a bit, allowing you to get in and take a few swipes, but make sure you dash back out before he starts to attack again.

Also I used my Spike attack on him (Whatever it's called, LB + Direction) and then I was able to finish him with B.

knightdedede
01-08-2010, 12:53 PM
This beast is called "Trauma". Once the introductory cutscence ends, he starts throwing cars. CATCH each car by pressing B. Throw it back. By the time he gets to the same piece of highway as you he should be pretty week. If you have the Harpoon Thrust use that on him and then dash away when he attacks. Rinse and repeat. He's very slow so once you see him lining up an attack dash outta there... Good luck with the Jailer and the Conscripts haha

CountryMud
01-29-2010, 08:18 PM
You mean The Broken Stair?

Anyways I'm playing on Apolcalyptic and beat him first try. Use that horn of yours (RT). It will make him stumble a bit, allowing you to get in and take a few swipes, but make sure you dash back out before he starts to attack again.

Also I used my Spike attack on him (Whatever it's called, LB + Direction) and then I was able to finish him with B.

I'm gonna call BS on that one.

Admiral Thrawn
01-31-2010, 07:38 PM
The trick is to catch what he throws at you and return him the favor. Then when he jumps over, do the thing where the spikes come out the ground. That did it for me. I too tried to go a few rounds with him but that's useless on apocalyptic.

Joel78
08-23-2011, 11:33 AM
How can you catch them? I usually manage to catch one and then sometimes he throws another which goes sailing over my head. Then he jumps over to my area and proceeds to kick my ass. And then I have to start from the very beginning again. And I can't use that spike thing either as it won't let me?

Edit: Finally got it, read another thread here and just kept using the Horn thing on him til B appeared...took a while but not too bad, worst part of that was if you die you had to go all the way back to the start again.

Spiral 462
08-28-2014, 11:04 AM
I also had a hard time with this guy on Apocalyptic, no matter how much I tried to jump or dodge or dash out of his way in between attacks, he would insta-kill me in one or two hits. After a while I tried the method of using the horn on him and it worked great. As soon as he jumped to my section of highway, I started blowing the horn at him constantly while pressing forward (towards him) on the left stick. For whatever reason, if you only press to keep blowing the horn, there would be a short delay in between the horn bursts that would be just enough to allow him to move toward you a little. But I found that if you press the left stick toward him as you're continuously blowing the horn, it makes the horn blasts faster and he won't have time to move. It took a minute or two, but eventually the B popped up above him and he was done for. :) You'll only move forward toward him a fraction of an inch by pressing the left stick forward but if he gets backed up against anything where he is stopped, and you move forward enough that you're practically up in his face, just quickly dash backwards and go right back to it.