PDA

View Full Version : Infinite shields. Zombie Island

Watrianos
01-06-2010, 09:48 PM
When starting the zombie Island DLC in the first quest where you have to activate the turrets kill the zombies and instead of activating the turrets destroy them instead. They will drop a shield its not always a good one but its worth money and can drop a good shield for begining characters. This is easiest with a modded weapon but doesnt have to be done with one.

Jedi Sasquatch
01-14-2010, 03:51 AM
You could do that, or you could do some endgame farming and get much better shields.

Not to mention the fact that those shields would have level requirements far too high for beginning characters.

Psycho Chickan
01-14-2010, 04:12 AM
Easiest with a modded weapon? If you're cheating and modding weapons wouldn't you just mod a shield as well?

Goot tip though :) I didn't buy the DLC until the end of my first playthru so I had plenty of stuff by then. I find the game levels the gear and enemies quite fairly throughout the game.

Foredeath
01-04-2011, 10:29 PM
What do you mean by end game farming? How does this give you better gear?

ExtremeRugburn
01-04-2011, 11:06 PM
What do you mean by end game farming? How does this give you better gear?

Farm Crawmerrax on your second playthrough. Kill him, run out of the zone, come back in and kill him again, keep repeating until your satisfied. You can also Raid General Knoxx's armory using the glitch that stops the bomb timer so you have all day to open every box. If you are maxxed out on levels and on your second playthrough and do this with 3 other friends then your chances at getting rare high powered items is significantly increased.