PDA

View Full Version : And I thought that 32654G was good!

Cable Player
01-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Well, what can I say!! Ive had my xbox a little over a year now but ive only recently been completing my games 100% over the past few months.
I thought that 32000 gamerscore was good but I went down to GAME today and was talking to an 'aquatance/friend' behind the counter and he said how he has 50000 gamerscore!
And I come home and I realise just how many people have 100,000 Gamerscore+ and that theres somebody with 450,000!!!

My score looks pathetic compared to that!! haha
I aim for 60,000 by 2011 which should be pretty cool, im fighting the temptations to buy Avatar for the easy 1000 haha

One thing that does matter though is that Im still almost 10000 gamerscore in front of one of my friends/ boosting/ co-op partner. Thats what counts ;)

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Your gamerscore is fine, nothing wrong with it. Just keep going! :)

You have to remember, some people have more money/more free time/unlimited rentals, so they can get many more games for achievements than others.

Just concentrate on your own gamerscore. You could even challenge someone with a gamerscore close to yours to a race, to encourage you to get more gamerscore.

And also, I know what you mean. I'm quite far ahead of my IRL friends when it comes to gamerscore, so I set goals to double and triple their gamerscore. Extra incentives make me work faster. ;)

Best of luck. (:

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 12:15 AM
:) cheers
well i have a good friend and we had a race to 10,000. he won because he stayed up on new years last year haha!
but i thrashed him to the 20,000 and left him standing to the 30,000. he had 22000 when i hit the 30000.
were both buying the same games at the moment, Left for Dead 1&2, Borderlands, lots of good games for Coop and were going through getting 100% or as close to 100% achievements on them.
My % complete has gone up from 33% to just over 40% in the past few weeks which im pleased with. I aim to have at least 50% of the achievements on every single one of my games. (with the exceptions of the ones I dont like or are flippin hard to get!)
Im on 11 100% retail and XBL at the moment, and on the dashboard where you can see the icons of the games 100% you have done Im interested wether you get more than one page because it looks like theres only 1 space left for another 100% icon. maybe you can scroll or you get a new page? shhhh dont tell me! haha

dillon
01-07-2010, 12:18 AM
The highest is at 405k, the dude with 450k (Unsafeshotgun) is a hexer.

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 12:20 AM
Haha, I can tell you if you want. ^^

I got quite lucky, as I got a few free lovefilm trials, so I got 3 months of free rentals, 3 games at a time. I took advantage of that time and rented alot of easy gamerscore games to make the most of it. But yes, I like your idea, buy games you will enjoy and can play in co-op with friends. That way, you can work together to get the achievements, and just muck around and enjoy yourself. Also, you could always borrow games off friends for some extra gamerscore.

Enjoy yourself, and once again, I hope you reach your goals. :)

And yes, the highest gamerscore is 406k. Stallion83, this is his site: http://www.1milliongamerscore.com/

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
the highest is stallion? are you sure because on MyGamerCard.net theres someone with 450,000 and i think someone with 420,000
what do you mean by hexer??

i won a free month of blockbuster from my o2 supprises, and the day I cancelled I found out that I could have rented games. haha i could have got 10K out of eassy 1000's! (I also cancelled a week before it ended, sent my dvds back and they STILL charged my card for a monthafterwards, - they told me they hadnt returned the DVD's but the ones I had done whilst my subscription was still going I sent dvds back on monday and received my new ones on wednesday! dont trust those nobs at blockbuster! #evil eyes# lol

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 12:33 AM
Haha, Blockbuster fails...

Yes, Stallion has the highest legit gamerscore. Anyone above hexed it.

Hexing is basically using programs and glitches to instantly get the full 1000GS in a game instantly. So they just do that for 450 games and get 450,000 gamerscore in no time atall.

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 12:38 AM
oh right.
i dont see the point in hacking and 'hexing' to be honest - whats the effing point!!!!!!
grow up? is that the right phrase? get a life? whats the point?
boosting is different, but a lot of the time when people ask me to boost (although I am guilty of boosting) i do get annoyed because its usually during a game online, and its usually some kid who shouldnt even be playing the game, who keeps it hidden from his/her mummy because they know theyl get in trouble for having it.
lol - funny story, my mate had MW2 and his parents didnt know, they got it for him for christmas and he had to look supprised and gratefull for it haha he ended up swapping it for my bros Left 4 Dead 2 but its amusing anyway xD

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 12:45 AM
Well your friend's a douche then. :p

But nah, hexing and hacking is just pointless, there's no sense of accomplishment, it's just to try and show off... Even though it doesn't impress anyone.

Boosting is different, it makes a hard achievement easier. Boosting normally takes a lot of time anyway, such as GoW seriously achievement, and you are still putting work into the achievement.

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 12:53 AM
you absalouley right!
oh deer, Gears of War.
I was really enjoying myself on GoW2 online, but when MJ died I was blaring his greatest hits CD in my room and aparently music could be heard down my mike even though i had been in party chat with a friend who couldnt hear it... but maybe I got hacked, maybe I got banned but EVERYTHING went missing. my online rank went back to 0, my notebook with the collectables said I had nothing, the achievement list inside the game said I had done nothing, even thought i was well on my way to the 1999 games of multiplayer etc... the onlything that was left was my save game data and the 1020 gamerscore I had.... i actually wanted to cry because i was going to go for the 100%! blooming annoying!

balance13
01-07-2010, 12:58 AM
hahah i actually thought mine was kinda high until I got on this site. Highest where I come from at least!

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 01:01 AM
lol :D mine is by far the highest out of all of my friends (who I personally know). I had someone on my friends list before I did a spring clean of all of the people I didnt play, and my friends uncle with his 70-odd thousand gamerscore was on there lol

Tailz
01-07-2010, 01:04 AM
I have 150,000 and i thought that was alot but im not even in the top 2000 in the world

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 01:04 AM
The closest I know from anyone around my area is Cacky x360a, who has about 42k.

And yeah, all my GoW2 data got wiped before, lost level 42 online and 81k Seriously 2.0 kills, and I was just at the end of my insane playthrough. >.<

I ended up getting the 100k kills again, but never bothered with the insane playthrough.

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 01:09 AM
And yeah, all my GoW2 data got wiped before, lost level 42 online and 81k Seriously 2.0 kills, and I was just at the end of my insane playthrough. >.<

do you recon it was a 'manufacturers' / epic games fault? if it was theyve lost at least one player. ive not played on gears for yonks!
i was never into the first one but when i got the second it made me realise how good they are. but i got gears 2 the day before release from a pre-order and i completed it before it was out in the flippin shops... tooooooo short.
and insane was too easy aswell.
the online wingman though, nothing could top that, I thoroughly enjoyed myself whilst playing on those playlists. but after the data wipe i just coupldnt be motivated. it would happen again after another 50 odd hours of play time. you know what i mean!?

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 01:13 AM
do you recon it was a 'manufacturers' / epic games fault? if it was theyve lost at least one player. ive not played on gears for yonks!
i was never into the first one but when i got the second it made me realise how good they are. but i got gears 2 the day before release from a pre-order and i completed it before it was out in the flippin shops... tooooooo short.
and insane was too easy aswell.
the online wingman though, nothing could top that, I thoroughly enjoyed myself whilst playing on those playlists. but after the data wipe i just coupldnt be motivated. it would happen again after another 50 odd hours of play time. you know what i mean!?

I'm not sure, probably an error in the save. Who knows...

And I hated GoW1, barely played GoW2 tbh, it was ok but got repetitive, and host connection w/2 piecing shotgun fags everywhere? No thanks...

Darth Grif55
01-07-2010, 01:15 AM
I've had my Xbox for a little over two years. You're doing better than me. Though, I did miss out on like 5 months of 360 time because I had it taken away for 3 & it was broke for like 2.

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 01:18 AM
I've had my Xbox for a little over two years. You're doing better than me. Though, I did miss out on like 5 months of 360 time because I had it taken away for 3 & it was broke for like 2.

Yeah, I've had my xbox 2 years, and it broke for 5 months total.

Very annoying, but sometimes it's good to have a break from xbox.

Smashing Impact
01-07-2010, 01:20 AM
I started my gamertag today and bought A Kingdom For Keflings 3 hours ago and have not turned it off since! It is so addicting.

I am hopefully going to try and stick as close to 100% completion as I can.

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 01:30 AM
I started my gamertag today and bought A Kingdom For Keflings 3 hours ago and have not turned it off since! It is so addicting.

I am hopefully going to try and stick as close to 100% completion as I can.

Best of luck man, enjoy yourself. :)

Anyways, I'm off to bed, take care guys.

veece16
01-07-2010, 01:42 AM
having 30k gamerscore isn't too bad, keep it up. and about stallion, I know this is an achievement based website and everyone on here is a gamer, but isn't having over 400k a little too much? does any one know what he does for a living or other than playing xbox? I'm not calling that bad, but that's just so much time sitting around on a game console.

xtye
01-07-2010, 02:26 AM
The highest is at 405k, the dude with 450k (Unsafeshotgun) is a hexer.

That highest isn't real. I've said why but so many nut riders exist.

Smashing Impact
01-07-2010, 02:43 AM
Best of luck man, enjoy yourself. :)

Anyways, I'm off to bed, take care guys.
Thanks a lot man. I will be finishing A Kingdom For Keflings first, I think.

iKhaotic
01-07-2010, 03:15 AM
i'm also the highest out of pretty much all my real life friends. the only one that's higher than me at the moment is 100 points ahead only because i stopped playing 360 for achievements since about a week ago to play PS2 instead.

then i have many x360a friends who are way higher than me lol

KillerBEA
01-07-2010, 04:25 AM
my jaw dropped wwhen i fisrt saw stallion83 gamerscore. i thought i was good then but Damn. iam the highest on my friends list aside from the boosting partners i have gained over the last 6 months

xtye
01-07-2010, 04:33 AM
my jaw dropped wwhen i fisrt saw stallion83 gamerscore. i thought i was good then but Damn. iam the highest on my friends list aside from the boosting partners i have gained over the last 6 months

Why? Its just a number and shows that its all he does.

VisionsOfDemise
01-07-2010, 04:41 AM
>And I thought that 32654G was good!

Don't worry it's not. :p

It's a pointless number, but we all strive to make it bigger!

DENAz666
01-07-2010, 04:42 AM
Why? Its just a number and shows that its all he does.

Because he has put a lot of time and effort to get there? Its not as easy as just having the time to play the games, you actually need to be good at them to get the GS.

OP: I used to be in a friendly comp with my mates, but i passed them like a year ago.. and now i'm about 50k more then they are :P

KongQuest
01-07-2010, 05:47 AM

What do you mean by "taken away"?

Painkiller Q8
01-07-2010, 05:50 AM
Gamerscore sucks .. its like never end ;/

MisaaAmane
01-07-2010, 06:09 AM
Mine's only 3k xD
I don't even fool myself.
I hope to get more completions this year though

Siduakal77
01-07-2010, 09:34 AM
You also have to remember.

Some will gamerscore pad with the easy no skill games. (Avatar, My Horse and Me, etc...)

Some will gamerscore pad by playing terrible games (More power to you, but I won't play a game once it stops being fun and starts being a chore)

It's really how low you're willing to sink your standards sometimes when it comes to gamerscore.

MJGB
01-07-2010, 09:36 AM
My completition i quite poor, but I hope to change that and add a few more to my list.

Dash Of Destruction - STILL not got or borrowed a second controller for the final achievement.

AKFK - Need to get one more achievement for full 200.

MW2 - Need the intel, then my 4th CoD (X360) game fully completed.

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 09:42 AM

my jaw didnt drop, but my eyes widened!! lol

You also have to remember.

Some will gamerscore pad with the easy no skill games. (Avatar, My Horse and Me, etc...)

Some will gamerscore pad by playing terrible games (More power to you, but I won't play a game once it stops being fun and starts being a chore)

It's really how low you're willing to sink your standards sometimes when it comes to gamerscore.

I had thought about getting a couple of the 'play for five minutes, mash at the B button' easy 1000's
but most of the games I have completed 100% - Midnight Club LA, MW1&2 - do require lots of time and skill to do so. (Well, MW2 was pretty easy and doesnt take long atall which is a bit of a let down)
I do prefer playing games like that though. For example Im playing Left 4 Dead 2 at the moment, and Im going to get LEft 4 Dead 1 very soon. I aim to get 1250 on 1 and 1000 on 2

TornShaun
01-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Well, what can I say!! Ive had my xbox a little over a year now but ive only recently been completing my games 100% over the past few months.
I thought that 32000 gamerscore was good but I went down to GAME today and was talking to an 'aquatance/friend' behind the counter and he said how he has 50000 gamerscore!
And I come home and I realise just how many people have 100,000 Gamerscore+ and that theres somebody with 450,000!!!

I aim for 60,000 by 2011 which should be pretty cool, im fighting the temptations to buy Avatar for the easy 1000 haha

One thing that does matter though is that Im still almost 10000 gamerscore in front of one of my friends/ boosting/ co-op partner. Thats what counts ;)

You have a good gamerscore, its not that far behind mine :) Its taken me roughly 2 years ish to get mine, i wasn't that bothered about the achievements till i found sites like this and then decieded to go more towards getting the full points on each game.

I'll admit i have played the odd few games like Avatar just to get the 1000, but then if you look at a lot of peoples score they have played it. They are good games to boast your score, i picked up Madden 07, Madden 08, NHL 07 and King Kong at Xmas from Game for a total of 7 :) just to boast my scores (although i enjoy the Madden and NHL games)

CaptainSpanner
01-07-2010, 10:09 AM
Stallion is a beast. If i were him, i'd get and assassin (Who doesnt take cash, who takes gamerscore...) to take out anyone close to me on the leaderboards.

Alotof the members on this site are on over 100K and some even 200K.

ovoon7
01-07-2010, 02:17 PM
Gamerscore sucks .. its like never end ;/ agreed...it can become really addicting

MajinFro
01-07-2010, 04:38 PM
I thought 236k was alot but that chump Rand Al Thor still has a good 100k+ lead on me. Honestly probably the only reason why most of us top end GS guys have as much as we do is due to competition in some form....be it a GSL, challenge over at 360 voice, or a race between friends. So keep an eye out for events like that if you want a nice bump in gamerscore with a little dedication.

Another fun stat for me is raw game completions. I am at around 170 retail and 54 arcade.

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I thought 236k was alot but that chump Rand Al Thor still has a good 100k+ lead on me. Honestly probably the only reason why most of us top end GS guys have as much as we do is due to competition in some form....be it a GSL, challenge over at 360 voice, or a race between friends. So keep an eye out for events like that if you want a nice bump in gamerscore with a little dedication.

Another fun stat for me is raw game completions. I am at around 170 retail and 54 arcade.

Yeah Fro, I mentioned a similar thing.

Any competitions, against friends, in Leagues etc help spur you on. It is best in something such as the GSL, where people are depending on you, so you feel inclined to throw down huge scores. :p

Btw, I reckon you could catch Rand Al Thor... Eventually...

xAHAx Skywalker
01-07-2010, 05:31 PM
Gamerscore is hugely addicting. Im just upset I got hooked about 2 and a half years after the system came out.....otherwise I'd be up there with the tops in the world

Boooo for me!

McKaystyles
01-07-2010, 06:12 PM

Avatar is a pain in the ass 1k dude

ovoon7
01-08-2010, 01:32 AM
Avatar is a pain in the ass 1k dude
If someones talking about easy gs and avatar, I doubt they mean James Camerons Avatar

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 01:37 AM
oh no, not James Camerons Avatar,
i cant remember the exact name but its Avatar: Warrior summin summin summin i think.
but in the traiining mission you literally have to stand by a wall and mash B a couple of hundred times and you get 1000G in five minutes

DENAz666
01-08-2010, 04:50 AM
oh no, not James Camerons Avatar,
i cant remember the exact name but its Avatar: Warrior summin summin summin i think.
but in the traiining mission you literally have to stand by a wall and mash B a couple of hundred times and you get 1000G in five minutes

Avatar: Burning Earth i think :)

Yeah i'm quite proud not to have that on my gamercard :)

lol @ james camerons avatar, that is definately not a easy one!

Jakethemuss
01-08-2010, 03:03 PM
Lets put it this way; I'd give alot more kudos to a guy who had 100% on both GTA IV and Gears 1 (2,750) over a guy who had 20,000 but only made up of the 10-15 easiest achievements over a course of say 60 titles.

Thats why I'm trying too limit the famously easy 1000G games on my list and have some more impressive ones on there aswell. I have alot of harder games where I'm only 2-3 achieves of 100%, but said achieves are hared to get or require online boosting with friends.

garyofdoom
01-08-2010, 04:52 PM
Something i came to realize is no matter how good you are there will always be one better

roy1751
01-08-2010, 06:14 PM
32k is not bad for just one year... it's about what I had at that time. But overall GS ain't shit, for a real challenge try completing all your games 100%.

Kamakazi Pear
01-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Something i came to realize is no matter how good you are there will always be one better

Unless you're Stallion83. :P

BreakdowN vz
01-08-2010, 08:56 PM
...anyone who buys avatar for the easy 1000 gamerscore is an idiot. Just rent it, and return it saying it didnt work. Thats what i did.

Irishk8lin
01-08-2010, 09:41 PM
...anyone who buys avatar for the easy 1000 gamerscore is an idiot. Just rent it, and return it saying it didnt work. Thats what i did.

I did the same thing. The people at Blockbuster laughed because they knew exactly what I was doing.

I have a relatively low gamerscore, but only recently became an achievement scout. Getting the achievements just makes the games more enjoyable for me. I love hearin that little blip lol...

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 10:25 PM
32k is not bad for just one year... it's about what I had at that time. But overall GS ain't shit, for a real challenge try completing all your games 100%.

well unfortunately for me i have a disorder, i dont know how to put it but i just get annoyed if i dont complete a game. sounds annoying and it is, im reallllllyyyy annoyed about the 1achievement 5Gs games i have on my card and i would do anything to get rid of them :/

but its not all a bad thing, because it means i play the games more and theres a great sense of accomplishment when ive finnished the story/campaign at least, but even better when i see 1000Gs next to the name in my list :)

a bit of a bum, with mixed opinions on the matter but i try to see the positive side :) - one possitive side is that my friend has just said any game that I buy hell give me the money for so i can get two copies and we can run through to get all the achievements. - hes a gamerscorewhore and i just like completing things lol :)

I love hearin that little blip lol...

its weird isnt it?? its embarrasing but sometimes i feel sure that I hear it when im playing games, but no notice comes up haha
a couple of times when my mates have been over we both heard it, maybe it was something similar inside the game lol
and before anyone says, i dont have notices blocked, but sound not ;) lol

Irishk8lin
01-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Assassin's Creed always fakes me out with the achievement sound, the sound of the DNA sequence and i get all excited and wait for the pop up, and then kinda go oh yea.... ooops. lol i think i just proved how much of a dork i really am.

garyofdoom
01-08-2010, 10:52 PM
Unless you're Stallion83. :P
you have me there

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Assassin's Creed always fakes me out with the achievement sound, the sound of the DNA sequence and i get all excited and wait for the pop up, and then kinda go oh yea.... ooops. lol i think i just proved how much of a dork i really am.

lol i think that must have been the one that my friend and I heard because I borrowed it from him to see if I actually did enjoy playing it because i had thought of buying it. not my type of game, but it is a good game.

kewlerthankool
01-09-2010, 12:15 AM
you absalouley right!
oh deer, Gears of War.
I was really enjoying myself on GoW2 online, but when MJ died I was blaring his greatest hits CD in my room and aparently music could be heard down my mike even though i had been in party chat with a friend who couldnt hear it... but maybe I got hacked, maybe I got banned but EVERYTHING went missing. my online rank went back to 0, my notebook with the collectables said I had nothing, the achievement list inside the game said I had done nothing, even thought i was well on my way to the 1999 games of multiplayer etc... the onlything that was left was my save game data and the 1020 gamerscore I had.... i actually wanted to cry because i was going to go for the 100%! blooming annoying!

Don't worry man, the same thing happened to me. I basically had all the achievements in the game reset for me and when I would be playing the notice at the bottom would pop-up saying I unlocked the achievement even though I already possessed it. I was also mad because it reset my kills for Seriously 2.0 and my rounds for Party Like It's 1999.

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 12:26 AM
Don't worry man, the same thing happened to me. I basically had all the achievements in the game reset for me and when I would be playing the notice at the bottom would pop-up saying I unlocked the achievement even though I already possessed it. I was also mad because it reset my kills for Seriously 2.0 and my rounds for Party Like It's 1999.

i wasnt going to cry about it, because after all its a game.
but i certainly felt like crying lol

hippymanjas
01-09-2010, 12:31 AM
I've always found having a "rival" helped me build my score up quickly. Now he has a *shudder* PS3, he never wants to challenge me to a "first to 60k" race.

Still, although not as motivated by achievements as I was, I'll still find myself plugging away to try and get a full 1k out of each one!

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 12:35 AM
I've always found having a "rival" helped me build my score up quickly. Now he has a *shudder* PS3, he never wants to challenge me to a "first to 60k" race.

Still, although not as motivated by achievements as I was, I'll still find myself plugging away to try and get a full 1k out of each one!

yer, my mate and i really enjoy doing coop games to get the 1k. he is so obsessed with gamerscore its rather amusing. i just like to complete them xD

Poppygalaxy
01-09-2010, 12:37 AM
well, i know, my gamescore isn't that high, but when i see here its even lower the i thougt, you practacly see noting else then 30 000, 60 000, 100 000

Well at least im the one whit highest GS in my class :) totally nailed them whit about 10 000 :woop:

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 12:42 AM
lol when i was at school I always had the most GS and I was 10th prestige on COD4. my mates were annoyed because they couldnt beat me.
(i was addicted though so that didnt help :/ )