PDA

View Full Version : So would you really call it an EASY 1000?

Cable Player
01-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Hi guys,
Ive noticed that a lot of the lists, all over the internet - not just this website, have lots and lots of games that are rated 1/10 EASY for the 1000 Gamerscore.
But a lot of them actually arnt!
For example, the Lego Games (excluding Lego Rock Band)
Bearing in mind these games are designed for three year olds the achievement lists are obviously going to be easier than an '18 rated RPG'
But the Lego games actually take up to 30 hours to do, and if you dont use a guide you have to scan the entire game to get collectables.
On the new Lego Indiana Jones game you have to do a level in under 5 minutes. Although I did it first try with a co-op partner, I would deffinately not class it as 'EASY'.

You could say that 'Need for Speed Most Wanted' is an easy 1000 gamerscore but you have to spend a lot of time and there is deffinately an element of skill involved for beating each blacklist racer.

Call of Duty 2 is frequently labled as as easy 1000 but in actual fact it is rather difficult because you need to have the nack for COD games for the Veteran Difficulty!

Do you guys know what I mean? Who agrees with me?

(Avatar... well. that IS and easy 1000) ;)

KwH x Fatality
01-06-2010, 11:59 PM
You may find games harder than other people but you might find games easier than other people. Call of Duty hard because your better a lets say LEGO or whatever. It's all depends on your skill on that genre.

Wii187
01-07-2010, 12:08 AM
You kinda hinted on the fact that difficulty is relative (ie a person who plays shooters religiously will find it easier to complete the Veteran difficulties in CoD versus someone just starting up in the shooter genre) so, in that aspect, the rating can be bias, but there is a difference between if a game is difficult and if a game is time consuming. Collectibles don't normally shoot back at you.

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 12:19 AM
you have a good point about wether or not your a shooter fan etc.
and I agree, a lot of games are deffinately mistaken for a QUICK easy 1000 but actually they are time consiming but on the whole a generally respectable 1000

balance13
01-07-2010, 12:22 AM
An RPG game could be an easy 1000 they are just time consuming like most Achievments are

Beatonator
01-07-2010, 02:43 PM
Way I see it, Time consuming and Easy are 2 different things.

Lego star Wars TCS - Easy, yet takes hours to complete it for the 100% achievement.

CoD 2 - Hard, but takes less time than Lego Star wars.

Viva Pinata - Easy, takes a fair amount of time for one of the achievements though!

RockBand - Easy/Hard, this is purely down to skill, if your really good its a relative easy 1000, where as if you need to practice and work your way up, it could be an insane length of time!

kall5ter
01-07-2010, 02:45 PM
everyone finds different games harder, avatar was hard for me... haha, no.. i haven't even played it, wouldn't even waste my time.
i have 124 games and like 30% are meant to be easy achievements.. i have one completed game..

Nozza XBA
01-07-2010, 02:52 PM
I've completed CoD2/4 (take out MW2 as it was a piss) and I can say they are not easy. I fairly good at FPS and 2 game me a challenge on most levels.. 4 was just as bad. It all depends on your play style and how good you are at each game or gaming yourself. I feel the LEGO games are easy.. yes some of them are time comsuming (Indy 2) but the chieves are pretty easy. Go play LEGO Batman and its completly different and much more passable.

I think there just easy caus the chieves are dualble, and its not always about the time it takes.

Steelhead
01-07-2010, 02:57 PM
I agree with most of the other posters above me. Games can most definitely be time consuming AND easy at the same time. Quick 1000s and Easy 1000s are two different things, imo.

lordrex217
01-07-2010, 02:58 PM
i don't think i've ever seen it on this site, but some ppl on other sites may just say that a game like COD 2 (which i found to be fairly difficult) is super easy just to boost their own ego or brag about how good their skills are.

xEndriux
01-07-2010, 03:16 PM
I think that all the easy games are not so easy if you play them without the guide
ok some are easier but some are really annoying if you don't have an help
I think that the difficulty in the roadmaps refers to the game played looking at the guide

oDrPepper
01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
I don't pay attention to a guides difficulty rating, more so to the time it takes to complete the game. For example, there was (and still are) many people complaining about the difficulty of the Combat Challenges in Batman: AA, yet I finished them quite quickly with little struggle.

Q ipoddy Q
01-07-2010, 03:24 PM
Fight night round 3 is classed as one of the top 10 easiest 1000G and it takes forever and some of the fights i had to go through to get them where ridiculously hard.

Graivul
01-07-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah I think that the system is a little warped because I don't think it takes into account the "average" gamer. I got the full 1000 on COD2 but wouldn't consider it easy as such.

The only other way to look at it is if they meant the requirements for the achievement (even though doing it isn't necessarliy easy) are easy to accomplish from the point of view of gaming time and what is required. Does it require 4 playthroughs or powergrinding for weeks to accomplish (urgh...Forza 3 Solid Gold achievement). Or is it just a case of playing the game in a linear manner and getting the full 1000 just playing the game start to finish.

I mean if you look at it from the point of view of the achievement list in COD 2 and take one of the achievements like finishing a certain level on Veteran, you just have to finish the mission on veteran.

For some games like Dragon Age Origins for example, you have the "World Traveller" achievement which requires you to visit every location on the map. Some are missable altogether, and it takes a fair amount of work following guides etc to make sure you have met the requirements. I have seen DA: Origins listed as an easy 1000!

Granted this doesn't include achievements like "Mile High Club" on COD 4, the requirements seem straight forward but it is one of the biggest achievement nightmares there is, but then again somebody could quite easily say that they found it easy.

But yes I agree with the post totally, they do not necessarily take everyone into account or always give an accurate key as to how they determined their scores when rating achievements.

TheJuggernautExperience
01-07-2010, 03:36 PM
I don't pay attention to a guides difficulty rating, more so to the time it takes to complete the game. For example, there was (and still are) many people complaining about the difficulty of the Combat Challenges in Batman: AA, yet I finished them quite quickly with little struggle.

I do the exact same thing.
Although i usally buy the game before i ever check the strategy guide so if it's 100+ hours then i'm screwed XD

Geohen
01-07-2010, 05:04 PM
It is definitely relative. I myself find as time goes by I get a little worse at FPS or fast action games each year. I would classify easy as something that you would normally do within the game that a person with little to no experience in said games could do. Killing bosses, discovering areas that the gme sends you to, etc. Hard would be the collectathons (especially ones like Bionic Commando where if you miss one you have to restart the whole game) that require you to go way out of your normal way or have you looking in every nook and cranny as well, ones that require you know them ahead of time or you will walk right past them (Infinite Undiscovery comes to mind), or ones that someone new to the genre could not get without weeks of practice (5* all songs on expert in DJ Hero). This is likely different from most. If I need a guide to do the game then it is not easy. I like games I can just play, have fun, and when all is done and the credits roll I have gained 1000 points without even realizing it.

Jimbob131190
01-07-2010, 05:55 PM
I thought oblivion was easy, I'd have 100% if i were to buy shiverin' isles

Hudson888
01-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Hi guys,
Ive noticed that a lot of the lists, all over the internet - not just this website, have lots and lots of games that are rated 1/10 EASY for the 1000 Gamerscore.
But a lot of them actually arnt!
Bearing in mind these games are designed for three year olds the achievement lists are obviously going to be easier than an '18 rated RPG'
But the Lego games actually take up to 30 hours to do, and if you dont use a guide you have to scan the entire game to get collectables.
On the new Lego Indiana Jones game you have to do a level in under 5 minutes. Although I did it first try with a co-op partner, I would deffinately not class it as 'EASY'.

You could say that 'Need for Speed Most Wanted' is an easy 1000 gamerscore but you have to spend a lot of time and there is deffinately an element of skill involved for beating each blacklist racer.

Call of Duty 2 is frequently labled as as easy 1000 but in actual fact it is rather difficult because you need to have the nack for COD games for the Veteran Difficulty!

In the case of the Lego, games just cause it takes a while to complete it, it doesnt make it harder, you just have to spend more time, i think what its defined by is the actualy difficulty of the achievement, not how long it takes, E.G, play for 50 hours on fifa, isnt hard its just time consuming.

Ackis
01-07-2010, 06:57 PM
I agree with most of the other posters above me. Games can most definitely be time consuming AND easy at the same time. Quick 1000s and Easy 1000s are two different things, imo.

This is where I get confused myself.

R Rated Love
01-07-2010, 07:18 PM

The achievement for 100%'ing the solo of The Final Countdown on expert in Lego Rock Band is harder than any achievement in any other Lego game. And that's coming from someone who plays the game on expert. People seem to write it off as an easy 1000. It's definitely an easy 960, but 1000, hell no. (Time consuming as well, since you have to get 1000 stars, with a max of 5 per song. And you can't repeat the same set over and over again for more stars, have to play them all.)

(I apologize for going off topic, but it sort of bugs me that people who have never played the game call it easy, when they really have no clue. Happened in the "Best of '09" music game thread as well.)

CaptainSpanner
01-07-2010, 07:44 PM
For me, Skate 2 was and easy 1500. It was just time consumong for the online achievements. Another easy one was Fight Night Round 3. It took me like 4 hours.

Tufty
01-07-2010, 08:26 PM
That is the reason I don't ever look at the difficulty rating, they're a guide line written by the person who has completed the game, and my have been a good fan of the prequels. Some people will find certain games easier that other people because some people play the game genre more than other people.

gatorbait
01-07-2010, 09:05 PM
The achievement difficulty rating is always going to be subjective. For the most part, you have to treat those numbers as ballpark figures. They can at least give you an idea of the difficulty in a game's achievement list.

Not only will one game be easier for some while much more difficult for others but a 5/10 for somebody might be what someone considers a 3/10 based on people's scales. They might consider the game equally as difficult or easy but will have different ratings based on how they value their scaling system. You also have to consider that the score is relative to what other games people have already played and how easy they thought game X was compared to games Y, Z, etc. Not to mention the genres themselves must be taken into consideration.

What it all comes down to is that the achievement difficulty rating is nice to look at but you really have to look at a lot more information to conclude a game's achievement difficulty. A lot like reviews. I think most of us get too fixated on the numbers instead of the content and descriptions provided.

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 12:25 AM
E.G, play for 50 hours on fifa, isnt hard its just time consuming.

wow... now THAT is the reason why my gamerscore doesnt end in a 0 or a 5. lol. 1Gs. AGHHHHHH!!!

Secret 5quirrel
01-08-2010, 12:31 AM
COD2 isn't easy for one reason -

Veteran of D-Day60 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgFinished D-Day mission on Veteran difficulty

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 12:34 AM
im stuck on it. well. ive stopped playing it for a bit but hopefully when i pick it up again ill be able to do it lol
o get really upset when i see absaloute classics, = cod2 that were originally on xbox or ps2 ect. that have been added to the 360, but almost ALL of them have terrible achievement lists!
Need for Speed Most Wanted, COD2. its a bit annoying lol

Secret 5quirrel
01-08-2010, 12:37 AM
It's not too bad till you get to the town at the end an have to capture each of the buildings which are continuous spawn points till you clear each one out. Absolutely brutal.

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 12:39 AM
oh i managed to do that i think. unless theres more than one level where you need to. i got really wound up because i got a spawn glitch, i would spawn into enemy fire and grenades. 9/10 times I would die and have to spawn again.
the AI isnt too smart especially on your team lol

Secret 5quirrel
01-08-2010, 12:42 AM
Well it ends with you up in the bell tower defending against mortar teams. If you've finished that bit then your laughing, nothing else in the game comes close to it dificulty wise.

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 12:46 AM
WOW amazing! thats the bit I finnished, and thought well hey. thats going to be effin difficult afterwards so il have a break.
nice! il start playing again lol if i remember right i have to clear some buildings and gardens or summit.
just one checkpoint at a time, thats the trick lol

MrMario2011
01-08-2010, 01:37 AM
I do know what you're talking about, but at the same time long games can be easy. One perfect example was Oblivion, it took me about 70 hours to get the full 1250 on there! I'm proud of it, and I will admit it was easy but at the same time you HAVE to make time for it. Sure, it took me about a week to complete the original 1000, but 60 hours in a week? It doesn't come THAT easy. Of course I wasn't working at this time and I was on winter break but that was like my job (8 hours a day for 7 days = 56 hours) and there were some nights where I didn't sleep just because I was playing Oblivion trying to finish up a guild. So there is another perfect example, an easy, fun yet time consuming 1000.

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 01:41 AM
i did that with midnight club LA. i love that game and i got 1250 on it. im gugley dissapointed that theyre not bringing out more DLC for it, because the classics edition is out now so that suggests theyre not. i think they could have brought out plenty of new software for it, and more achievements.
but as i was saying, Midnight club LA was a hugley enjoyable 1250, and i justtt mist the competition held on this website to win a racing chair haha i was so gutted!!!
I was pleased that I was one of the first to unlock the audi r8 though :)
------time consuming, but hugley enjoyable.

specVjavi
01-08-2010, 10:30 AM
Sonic's UGC is labeled as an easy 1000, but its kicking my ass. Its a little sore now.

APassingShadow
01-08-2010, 10:46 AM
It is all subjective I thought ODST and Tekken 6 were easy as well as Assassin's Creed 2 and Borderlands. Luckily all the games were fun and I had a great time doing them. Also Brutal Legend was easy (just tricky and time consuming to boost the 50 online wins).

I would however consider alot of games super easy 1000s like most the 2k sports and avatar. (have some of these sitting at my house and don't even feel like taking an hour out of my day to get 1000)

DanTheManGum
01-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I do know what you're talking about, but at the same time long games can be easy. One perfect example was Oblivion, it took me about 70 hours to get the full 1250 on there! I'm proud of it, and I will admit it was easy but at the same time you HAVE to make time for it. Sure, it took me about a week to complete the original 1000, but 60 hours in a week? It doesn't come THAT easy. Of course I wasn't working at this time and I was on winter break but that was like my job (8 hours a day for 7 days = 56 hours) and there were some nights where I didn't sleep just because I was playing Oblivion trying to finish up a guild. So there is another perfect example, an easy, fun yet time consuming 1000.
Oblivion can be quick though if you play it on easy you could burn a swath through that game. Most games are easy for me but the thing I hate most is collectibles. If they don't add any real story element I hate going and getting them. My most enjoyable collectible experience is a tie between Lost Odyssey's dreams and Bioshocks audible diaries.So yes their subjective but they follow the idea that you using their guide which makes most games quite easy.

Jakethemuss
01-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I wouldn't give TMNT a 1/10 for difficulty like the guide has. You still have to move through 16 levels of jumping, often annoying swinging, with many chances to fall and die. The combat is easy enough, but its still harder than games like 'Lost'.

Fight Night 3 is easy, all you need to do is turn off illegal moves and keep kneeing your opponent in the groin if you want a quick knockdown. I only got knocked down once when I was fighting Ali fair and square.

Infection Ftw
01-08-2010, 04:11 PM
I disagree often with either the difficulty or the time for completing a game but that's just that I am above average and below average in some games I guess. Although some Roadmaps are just saying it takes way too few time to complete.

littlemissymoo
01-08-2010, 04:47 PM
I seem to be able to find that the easy 1000's are really hard for me to do. Like I am totally stuck on King Kong and that's supposed to be easy. Games like maybe Call I totally suck at and die all the time but find it so much easier to do.

roy1751
01-08-2010, 06:00 PM
well, most of those 'easy' games are generally crap so that adds an extra layer of frustration when it doesn't give up the achievs easily.

littlemissymoo
01-08-2010, 06:56 PM
well, most of those 'easy' games are generally crap so that adds an extra layer of frustration when it doesn't give up the achievs easily.

True. But I mo longer play the easy games cause they are boring after a while.

kall5ter
01-08-2010, 07:04 PM
True. But I mo longer play the easy games cause they are boring after a while.

i really wouldn't play a game for the achievements.. sad.
i only play games for achievements that i know i'd enjoy and that would actually be worth both my time and money.
games like halo, assassins creed, borderlands, COD, left 4 dead, viva pinata = enjoyment.

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 10:21 PM
i only play games for achievements that i know i'd enjoy and that would actually be worth both my time and money.
games like halo, assassins creed, borderlands, COD, left 4 dead, viva pinata = enjoyment.

absaloutley, I only buy games that I think/know Im going to enjoy doing, and that I will enjoy getting the achievements too.
I recently picked up fifa 07, pes 6 and pes 2008 for 1 each. I really enjoy playing football games and theyre generous on the achievement front. I say I enjoy playing them, but im not very good at them ;) lol

fifa 07 i have to take back though because it was pre-owned and it doesnt work due to the huuugggeee scratches on it, but when ive got that changed theres just a few easy high-pointers on there, that are time consuming too though.
the good thing about pes 2008 is that you dont need to change the difficulty for the achievements. So I can run through and get all of the achievements on the easyest difficulty which makes it even more enjoyable for me because I wont get frustrated with not being able to do the hardest difficulty. (Although, having no difficulty achievements can be seen as a set-back I like games that dont have them, and if theres no difficulty achievements that doenst mean there wont be a rubbish achievement list, it could be very good.)

:)

Jimbob131190
01-09-2010, 01:39 AM
wow... now THAT is the reason why my gamerscore doesnt end in a 0 or a 5. lol. 1Gs. AGHHHHHH!!!

tip for you, start a match with 2 controllers, leave them both there while doing penalty shoot out.. leave it on over night :P

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 01:40 AM
already ahead of you mate :) 50 hours is a long time lol

littlemissymoo
01-09-2010, 02:41 PM

I used to be like that. Think it was the whole new I'm new to this xbox thing.

I've played all but Viva Pinata, doubt I will too.

PlasmicMuffins
01-10-2010, 12:37 AM
If a game is easy, it doesn't always mean that it is not time consuming. It also depends on how skilled you are in a certain game, because not everybody is "pro" at games like Call of Duty and Halo. Some people can speed through both of these campaigns and get all the achievements because they are just really good, but for some, it may take a bit longer. Personally, I can say that I'm decent at Call of Duty, but not as decent at Halo. (Online, I average a K/D spread of +14 in Call of Duty : Modern Warfare II, but in Halo 3's multiplayer, sometimes +3 and sometimes -5.) It all depends on your skill level and how much time you spend looking for everything in a game. When people say "Easy Games with Easy Achievements", they don't always realize that people probably don't have the same skill level as them. Don't get me wrong, not being awesome at game isn't a bad thing, I just play for the fun of it, but I'm still a "hardcore" gamer, and I try for EVERYTHING.

YounG SnappeR
01-10-2010, 03:57 AM
I didn't think King Kong was an easy 1000... not because the game required skill... it was just incredibly painful to play through such a terrible game..

Cable Player
01-10-2010, 01:14 PM
I didn't think King Kong was an easy 1000... not because the game required skill... it was just incredibly painful to play through such a terrible game..

funnily enough I never actually played King Kong. My little brother didnt have an xbox back then and I bought him the game because I knew he really liked the film.
from what I saw it wasnt too bad, but he was 10 so theres probably a difference lol

Jakethemuss
02-01-2010, 08:56 PM
Currently going for blacklist no 3. in Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Just like to say that is NOT an easy 1000G unless you are sh1t hot at racing games. The races get super fast and intense, if you crash or mess up, the other cars speed by and leave you in the dust. I've almost smashed my controller so many occassions because of this.

Please...someone tell me they also found that game hard towards the end, for the sake of my sanity.

Exhausted Dad
02-01-2010, 09:13 PM
Yeah I agree, about the time consuming and easy difficulties. But they do have the quick 1000 list which I find very helpful.

InsipidActionHero
02-02-2010, 02:31 AM
Lol I like to think that all achievement difficulty scores are based on the same scale that NGII (10/10) uses.

SoulOfTira
02-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Currently going for blacklist no 3. in Need for Speed: Most Wanted. Just like to say that is NOT an easy 1000G unless you are sh1t hot at racing games. The races get super fast and intense, if you crash or mess up, the other cars speed by and leave you in the dust. I've almost smashed my controller so many occassions because of this.

Please...someone tell me they also found that game hard towards the end, for the sake of my sanity.

I had the game on the ps2, loved it but I could never complete it. To call it an easy 1000 is just ridiculous imho, near the end it started to get really hard. :)

Gen. H
02-02-2010, 01:58 PM
Easy really depends on the persons skill in the type of game. So, for me, I wouldn't have much trouble with shooters or RPGs but if I were to take on a music game, I wouldn't do too well. Others find it the opposite way round.

There are some games which have very tough achievements that most would probably find tough, so you can generalize some.

So I think if I was to call a game an easy 1000, it would probably be down to skill in the genre of the game rather than a general view of it. The issue of time would be irrelevant to this, as some games will have easy achievements but will take some time to get and vice versa.

To sum it up -- To call a game an easy 1000 would mainly depend on your skill, I don't think it's right to really give a general view because the difficulty will differ for people.

Wos
02-02-2010, 02:38 PM
It depends on the player.
End of story

newbsicle
02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
You should always compare the easy 1000 thread/list to the time given in the road map for that game. I personally have always found the road maps to be right on and just use the easy 1000 list as a guide line on finding games to play for easy points.