PDA

View Full Version : WOW the avatar marketplace is a ripoff!

Cable Player
01-06-2010, 11:57 PM
Ive just figured out that my lightsabre for my uba-cool Morpheus/Neo Avatar cost me 5 in microsoft points!!!
I went onto the marketplace to look at things because I was interested at a new outfit. 350 microsoft points for a pair of converse all star shoes!!!
pffft. Jog on!
I have nothing against people who purchase from the marketplace for their avatar, its their choice to do so, but you wont see me buying anything new unless I get a gift of microsoft points from somebody, but even then I recon ill spend it on DLC or an arcade game.

KwH x Fatality
01-07-2010, 12:02 AM
I haven't brought and items off the marketplace yet because it's a rip off. Bill Gates is the richest man in the world so i reckon he should make it cheaper, alot cheaper then may be i'll be tempted.

Also does any one know if they will release any more free items?

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 12:07 AM
a lot could be said about Bill Gates. He got angry because he wasnt going to get any money from the xbox 360 when it was launched. After his paddy Microsoft finally gave him loyalty money for it.
YES, hes but $ 30 Billion into his own charity but he could be doing a lot more with his money and his little Ford Mondeo ;)

whoever thought of avatars and purchasable avatar items should be nighted! theyre a legend! just think how much money that person made microsoft!

Pooly93
01-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Its a load of crap in all honesty.
I buy things from there, but only when I have tiny amounts of points left like 200 or so after buying DLC, or in the latest case winning the 200 points from the LG prize draw (crap amount of points to give out, gets you bugger all).
I wouldn't mind paying for the avatar clothes if they didn't cost so much, 200 points can get me a shirt and some other stuff fine, but like hell am I paying 160 points for a pair of shoes or 400 points for an Ezio costume from AC2, as cool as it looks, I'd rather buy a GH:WT song or keep the points for more DLC.

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 12:20 AM
what I found quite ammusing is that EA games were giving away 800 microsoft points.
but to get them you had to but 40,000 microsoft points. (two games worth or something etc.) only to get 800 back for diddly squat!
haha

Pooly93
01-07-2010, 12:23 AM
I found that was a big ripoff as well, even more annoying was the day before they announced the thing I bought both pieces of Mass Effect DLC and finished them in about 4 hours :/
Eh, guess thats what Microsoft and EA have in common though, their both money grabbers who care for their customers as much as they do for their next crap.

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 12:25 AM
absaloutley, they say they care for the customers but all theyre trying to do is get MORE customers, and get MORE money.
deery me :/

awesomepizza
01-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Yes, it is.
I like their system, but I got to be honest. I hold no loyalty to Microsoft. If someone comes along and does it better, bye bye Mr Gates.

Pooly93
01-07-2010, 12:31 AM
Yep, I don't like EA to much anyway, they churn out constant sports and NFS rubbish, and then don't bother to try and fix half their broken games :/
Exactly why I prefer developers and companies like Gearbox, Infinity Ward and Valve, they at least fix any problems their games have and generally put out good quality games.

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 12:35 AM
oh my goodness dont get me started with EA games.
toooooo many games at once thats what their problem is. they work on too many games at once and completley cock them up.
unobtainable achievements. ridiculous gamerscore. game glitches. ughhhhhhhh

also, to add to my lightsabre insult.... lol... you have to wait for 20 minutes on your dashboard to see him 'whip it out' ;) only to wave it around for three seconds and put it away again!!!
and the only other people who can see it is your friends if they use the friends tab on the dashboard...
rediculous

balance13
01-07-2010, 01:01 AM
The marketplace is a joke everything is overpirced even most of the games if you ask me.

I've bought one avatar piece and that was the headphones on my guy. Never buying anything else ever.

GUNSANDBUTTA
01-07-2010, 01:02 AM
Ya they are over priced that's everything I got is free

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 01:05 AM
in all seriousness,
how do you think a petition would go down? this post has been up for an hour? maybe more, maybe less. theres already 18 votes saying that it is overpriced and none for its not overpriced.
I know this website does not represent the entire Xbox community but what do you guys think about it? actually doing something to get prices lowered rather than moaning?? lol

MachineZed
01-07-2010, 01:16 AM
Yes overpriced, but they also know people will pay for it. Do I blame them? No. People can do what they want with their money.
Think also what those 5 pounds would have gotten you. Its better you learn the lesson now rather then after paying for everything the avatar market place has to offer.

Also a petition isn't going to do diddly.

radar616
01-07-2010, 01:48 AM
This is MS we're talking about here. They'd try and charge the devil for avatar clothes! I havent bought anything from the market and never will. All my stuff comes from avatar rewards!

veece16
01-07-2010, 01:54 AM
Just like radar said, Microsoft doesn't care about their customers, only about profits. Why are there more game rated M than E or T? Xbox pertains to an older audience rather than to younger kids. So unless Bill is happy with his 40 billion, there's not gonna be changes anytime soon.

dakisbac
01-07-2010, 02:04 AM
Who the hell voted 'No'? Even if you're a sheep that will pay the prices they ask, you can't deny the items are overpriced.

veece16
01-07-2010, 02:11 AM
Who the hell voted 'No'? Even if you're a sheep that will pay the prices they ask, you can't deny the items are overpriced.

I think I clicked the wrong option, I meant no though. It's ridiculous how much electronic clothes are, I wouldn't be supprised if they had bargain deals like Macy's or Pacsun one day.

GhOsT SLaYeR
01-07-2010, 04:29 AM
its a money grab, obviously people are going to say the prices are high, who wants to spend money on a xbl avatar..

R Rated Love
01-07-2010, 05:13 AM
what I found quite ammusing is that EA games were giving away 800 microsoft points.
but to get them you had to but 40,000 microsoft points. (two games worth or something etc.) only to get 800 back for diddly squat!
haha

It would appear that somebody has absolutely no clue what they're talking about. (Though this is the internet, so it doesn't come as much of a surprise)

In regards to the avatar marketplace, who gives a shit? If you're narcissistic enough to feel a need to buy virtual clothes for your Xbox avatar, then you pay the retarded prices. I haven't paid a cent for avatar clothing, and mine looks just fine.

Devalaous
01-07-2010, 05:35 AM
This is MS we're talking about here. They'd try and charge the devil for avatar clothes! I havent bought anything from the market and never will. All my stuff comes from avatar rewards!

Not that Avatar Awards are ever going to amount to much. Why give away things when you can sell them? I think theres, what, three games, that support Awards, one of which isn't even a real game.

Only thing I ever bought was the Garrus eyepiece from Mass Effect, because I had 80 points left, and could get either the Eternal Sonata DLC (which is just a useless unlock key thats unneeded, as you can get it all yourself by playing the game to the end) and because it looks like a Dragonball Z scouter, for that one long running joke. Wont buy anything else, unless its really cheap and ties into some sort of injoke.

litepink
01-07-2010, 05:58 AM
Ive just figured out that my lightsabre for my uba-cool Morpheus/Neo Avatar cost me 5 in microsoft points!!!
I went onto the marketplace to look at things because I was interested at a new outfit. 350 microsoft points for a pair of converse all star shoes!!!
pffft. Jog on!
I have nothing against people who purchase from the marketplace for their avatar, its their choice to do so, but you wont see me buying anything new unless I get a gift of microsoft points from somebody, but even then I recon ill spend it on DLC or an arcade game.

But you DID buy the lightsaber, and are admitting that, if you were to get some points as a gift, that you would buy more! Your points are contradicting.

whoever thought of avatars and purchasable avatar items should be nighted! theyre a legend! just think how much money that person made microsoft!

Agreed! It is likely helping with Xbox 360's viability and profitability. Everyone likes 360, right?

I buy things from there, but only when I have tiny amounts of points left like 200 or so after buying DLC, or in the latest case winning the 200 points from the LG prize draw (crap amount of points to give out, gets you bugger all).

So...its a load of crap, but you pay for stuff? If they are getting you to buy things with leftover points, then THEY have won. If you had 200 points leftover, you could buy a points card and have enough for a game and some oddly priced DLC. But now that you have boughten that odd piece of avatar clothing 'just because' they probably have you buying yet another points card, where you will continue the cycvle over and over.

I voted no. The question is two-parted, and in general I say No. The Avatar Marketplace is what it is. I wouldn't call it over-rated. Many items I believe would sell better if they weren't so over-priced however...

Hating Avatars and hating the Marketplace seems to be the sexy thing, but I am not going to join the crowd JUST for the sake of doing so (understanding that some people have good reasons for feeling the way they do). I can say without shame that I like the Avatars and their Marketplace. A lot of the stuff is priced too high to warrant a purchase for a virtual 'me' (Mii:p), but some people make is seem like the everything in the Marketplace is their God given right to have. Sure, they need more Free items, but what makes everyone think they are ENTITLED to lightsabers, or jerseys, or boomboxes...

If you don't like it, don't buy it! Then after that...IGNORE IT!

MisaaAmane
01-07-2010, 06:12 AM
It is a little xD
But theres not many thigns I like there that I would ever pay money for any way.
I got myself a xmas hat and a Dragon age tee. The only other thing I ever concidered was Normandy uniform ):

R Rated Love
01-07-2010, 06:33 AM
Not that Avatar Awards are ever going to amount to much. Why give away things when you can sell them? I think theres, what, three games, that support Awards, one of which isn't even a real game.

Which one isn't a real game? If you're referring to Halo Waypoint, it's essentially avatar awards for Halo 3, ODST, and Halo Wars.

TornShaun
01-07-2010, 08:16 AM
I agree they are way overpriced but MS knows there are always suckers like me that see stuff and go I NEED THAT, even if it is a skeleton outfit priced at 320 points and a pumpkin candy carry thing at 240 points lol

I just dread every Thursday lol knowing that there will be more overpriced avatar stuff that i just can't say no to. (along with Rock Band Fridays AHHHHHH)

kall5ter
01-07-2010, 08:21 AM
wouldn't dare buy anything xD

CaptainSpanner
01-07-2010, 08:25 AM
I have spent a little. Yes,they should take the prices down, but just because of a poll on a forum, dont expect it to happen.

X360a Licey
01-07-2010, 08:31 AM
EA games were giving away 800 microsoft points.
but to get them you had to but 40,000 microsoft points.
haha
O.o I think you mean you had to spend 4000 points matey :p

specVjavi
01-07-2010, 09:22 AM
I have personally never purchased any avatar items, and i dont think i will. But i look through my friends list and see that many have, even if I think the prices are ridiculous. My point is that Microsoft will continue to shell out over priced items because people will continue to buy them.

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Also a petition isn't going to do diddly.

thought so, just worth the mention though lol

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 09:55 AM
But you DID buy the lightsaber, and are admitting that, if you were to get some points as a gift, that you would buy more! Your points are contradicting.

what I meant was that if i did receive a gift of microsoft points, I would probably still think they are over-priced even though Im technically getting them for free, so instead of buying avatar things with the points I got given I would save them for arcade games or DLC etc. :)

eviltb
01-07-2010, 09:57 AM
everything litepink said in her post

I agree with all of this. It seems every month or so we get somoene, usually someone new, who bitches about the Avatar marketplace. Some like it, some dont. Last time I checked no-one was pushing a gun to your head to buy anything for your avatar. Its personal choice. I for one have spent quite a few points on clothes and props for my Av, in fact the lightsaber was the first thing I got! Am I a sheep? No. Im a human being who can a. make his own choices, b. likes to have lightsaber and c. really doesnt give a crap about your very contradictory arguements. If you really hate the Avatar marketplace that much, then dont use it!

Cable Player
01-07-2010, 09:58 AM
O.o I think you mean you had to spend 4000 points matey :p

oh, probably LOL

but what I thought was rediculous was that the choice of what to buy inorder to 'qualify' for the 800MP was so small.
Either on demand games for 20 and I think you had to buy two of them,
or 20 worth or microsoft points only to get about a fivers back... in my mind it all worked out pretty silly lol you had to spend quite a lot of money only to receive 800 points whereas you could just spend the rest ON points and have several thousand anyway...

adriano28
01-07-2010, 10:05 AM
I really don't know why people rant about the avatar marketplace. If you think it's a rip-off, don't buy it. Simple. No need to complain about something your not even going to buy. It's like going to mcdonalds, then ranting abut KFC. Whats the point?

Spawn Man
01-07-2010, 10:28 AM
As soon as I saw the avatars I thought "Wow! Another money making scheme that no one but no-lifer geeks who gotta have it all and people with nothing better to do will buy!". But I was surprised when a whole bunch of people dished out the cash for nothing more than a few coloured pixels! It's right up there with people buying DLCs for nothing more than the achievements they bring and not the gameplay they provide.

The funniest thing is when Microsoft release the 720, all these crappy avatar items are going to be ditched. And then I'll laugh because I didn't waste my money on them! Lolololol. That was me laughing. Lololololol. That was me laughing again.

Didi Mau
01-07-2010, 12:00 PM
I voted no, seems they could be more expensive and I'd have still bought what I've already bought from them.

I wouldn't disagree that they're pricey, but they'll seem even moreso if you don't like what they are in the first place. A lot of the items in there I wouldn't download even if they were free, but then that's just my personal taste haha. What I have bought, I bought because I liked them and really it's like one hour of work to be able to afford it.

What I wish they would improve is the camera you can take pictures of your avatar with- I would have bought the pug dog pet, but you can't scroll the camera low enough to even get the little bugger in frame. I see my gamerpic more than I do my avatar, so I'd like to be able to get some sort of action shot for any props made available.

What's up with saying we have to be sheep or narcissists to spend money on things that don't have achievements though? Forgive me if I spend my money on things that makes a little version of me more like me just because I find it fun :p

Pooly93
01-07-2010, 12:29 PM
So...its a load of crap, but you pay for stuff? If they are getting you to buy things with leftover points, then THEY have won. If you had 200 points leftover, you could buy a points card and have enough for a game and some oddly priced DLC. But now that you have boughten that odd piece of avatar clothing 'just because' they probably have you buying yet another points card, where you will continue the cycvle over and over.

I understand what your getting at here, but it isn't like that for me at all.
I only ever buy my points through the XBL Marketplace because at best I buy the Fallout 3 DLCs and I bought the Mass Effect DLCs the other week.
Now when I add points its generally 1000 points at most for the one thing I want.
This usually leaves me with 200 points leftover, so with these points it's either leave them sitting on the account (which bugs me to no end, I don't know why though), buy gamer pictures (which I don't need, I've got more than enough good ones as it is), buy themes (which isn't happening, only decent ones are premium ones, which cost 240 points, bit stupid IMO) or avatar clothes.
I buy the avatar clothes, but only things like shirts for games I like, such as AC2's shirt, I would buy the Ezio costume in all honesty, but a lack of points prevents that. I wouldn't however, go out and buy points just to buy avatar clothes, that is a waste of money, the only points of mine that ever get used on the avatar marketplace are the ones I have left over I would otherwise do nothing with.

Barad
01-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Some of the stuff on their is just far too expensive.

Starstrukk X360A
01-07-2010, 01:15 PM
So...you decided to whine because?

I honestly thought this was something everyone just finally learned to accept.

Some people like it, some don't.

The Ultrafiend
01-07-2010, 03:13 PM
I buy avatar items, themes and gamer pics chiefly because I get a shitload of money every month that I don't have anything better to do with.

It's only a rip-off if you think you're getting more than you actually are. Unless you expected a real lightsabre in the post, you've got nothing to whinge about.

Volzagia
01-07-2010, 03:17 PM
The prices are a little high but i still bought my Isaac Clarke suit :D

TheJuggernautExperience
01-07-2010, 03:21 PM
I wouldn't mind paying for the avatar clothes if they didn't cost so much, 200 points can get me a shirt and some other stuff fine, but like hell am I paying 160 points for a pair of shoes or 400 points for an Ezio costume from AC2, as cool as it looks, I'd rather buy a GH:WT song or keep the points for more DLC.

Once i saw it i wanted it too XD
Definitely ain't wasting my points though :/ unless i win the lotto or something XD

They should just give you everything related to the game for buying the game itself!

I understand charging for DLC but for fake clothes come on!
I will probably end up buying something sooner or later though XD but who knows it's been a year and i still haven't gotten any clothes or anything avatar related for that matter :p

Pyrochaos
01-07-2010, 03:47 PM
It would appear that somebody has absolutely no clue what they're talking about. (Though this is the internet, so it doesn't come as much of a surprise)

In regards to the avatar marketplace, who gives a shit? If you're narcissistic enough to feel a need to buy virtual clothes for your Xbox avatar, then you pay the retarded prices. I haven't paid a cent for avatar clothing, and mine looks just fine.

Someone with logic in here? I can't believe it.

And I think it's funny how people still ride Bill Gate's nuts. Like he has any input on the X360 anymore, let alone the pricing on virtual clothing.

Muhnamana
01-07-2010, 03:53 PM
Ripoff!

I think the only thing I bought was my 80pt santa hat. Won't be downloading anything new any time soon.

xCHICKEN DIXx
01-07-2010, 03:58 PM
everything is over priced and not just on xbl but everywhere gas, beer, house payments ect

dzstarr6668
01-07-2010, 04:01 PM
i would love to purchase some new stuff for my avatar, i just dont have the kind of points for the items i desire....

and sadly, when i do get points, i will not spend it on stuff for my avatar, i plan on buying the south park game on xbla.

CheshireMulisha
01-07-2010, 05:03 PM
oh, probably LOL

but what I thought was rediculous was that the choice of what to buy inorder to 'qualify' for the 800MP was so small.
Either on demand games for 20 and I think you had to buy two of them,
or 20 worth or microsoft points only to get about a fivers back... in my mind it all worked out pretty silly lol you had to spend quite a lot of money only to receive 800 points whereas you could just spend the rest ON points and have several thousand anyway...

I spent 1600 points on the EA offer of which i'll get half of them back. The other 800 was on the 2 mass effect DLC's which I would have bought anyway. So that deal worked pretty well for me.

As for the Avatar items, I personally couldn't care what my avatar looks like and spent very little time making him so I won't be buying anything soon. If I get any free stuff that I think looks cool then I might update him but the only free stuff I have had so far is the Halo stuff which to many people already use.

But if other people want to buy them then fair play to them, it means I can flick through who's online and recognise most of my friends by what they look like and see whos in what party without clicking into it.

At the end of the day the Avatar item charging is never going to end.
The overheads to create new avatar items is ridicously small compared to creating an arcade game which means a bigger profit margin.

eviltb
01-07-2010, 05:07 PM
Based on this thread, Ive decided Ive changed my mind. Yea paying for stuff sucks! Next time I go and buy something, not just in the av marketplace, but like in a real shop I'll just look at it and not buy it and whine about how expensive it is! Surely I can live without toilet paper right?

Kamakazi Pear
01-07-2010, 05:10 PM
I think pretty much every item on the Marketplace is a ripoff. I'd rather not get MSP's, and just grab new games instead.

Hudson888
01-07-2010, 06:43 PM
pffft. Jog on!

I agree with you, i think it is very over priced, and thats where Microsoft fail, as PS3 and Wii is free online and stuff.
I think its a cool idea but not worth the money as once you have it you cant do anything with it!!! you cant even play with the remote controlled vehicles.

chazrivaldo
01-07-2010, 06:54 PM
wont buy anything from there..

Pyrochaos
01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Based on this thread, Ive decided Ive changed my mind. Yea paying for stuff sucks! Next time I go and buy something, not just in the av marketplace, but like in a real shop I'll just look at it and not buy it and whine about how expensive it is! Surely I can live without toilet paper right?

I just went to a resturant where the food was $100 per plate! I can't believe they charge that much for food! I mean there was a McDonalds next door, but I wanted to go to the nice place!

R Rated Love
01-07-2010, 07:53 PM
I agree with you, i think it is very over priced, and thats where Microsoft fail, as PS3 and Wii is free online and stuff.

Microsoft charging for avatar clothes is a fail because the PS3 and Wii have free online? Great logic. Modern day Confucius right here. :rolleyes:

Pyrochaos
01-07-2010, 07:58 PM
Microsoft charging for avatar clothes is a fail because the PS3 and Wii have free online? Great logic. Modern day Confucius right here. :rolleyes:

He must not have a PS3 or Wii.

PS3 charges for everything, but the online. They have HOME, which also has pay-for-virtual-clothing. DLC for every game that they charge $1-$5 for a costume on little big planet.

Wii has Vitual console/Wiiware. Some add-on channels they charge for.

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 12:29 AM
the only reason ild buy a PS3 is for the blue ray DVD player, but then ild have to replace my 500+ films. :/ ild have to go with my favourites

Tussell
01-08-2010, 07:59 AM
Wait... Wait... Wait...

You just now realized this?

Elit3Ski11s
01-08-2010, 02:50 PM
its only a rip off, and will continue to be a rip off becuase people pay for it and accept the prices.

I have not bought one thing and will not, if its free i will get it, or if i earn it from a game i will use it, other then that its a complete waste of money

Pyrochaos
01-08-2010, 04:02 PM
The people who think vitrual clothing are a rippoff and still buy it crack me up. They are the same people who buy every single song for Rockband/Guitar Hero/ect and complain about the prices of those too.

lenny m
01-08-2010, 04:04 PM
you seen the disney clothing? 160msp each for some shitty stuff. what a rip

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 04:38 PM
The people who think vitrual clothing are a rippoff and still buy it crack me up. They are the same people who buy every single song for Rockband/Guitar Hero/ect and complain about the prices of those too.

i havent got rock band, but i am going to get it but i would not buy any of the songs
you could spend probably over 100 worth of microsoft points on songs,
I really think they should make the games with a couple fo hundred songs already in them. I wouldnt think twice about buying them if they did have that many, ive always thought guitar hero and rock band dont have enough songs in them :/

littlemissymoo
01-08-2010, 05:13 PM
I've only bought stuff when had money left over from buying DLC only. But I've seen people on my mates list spending money each day on new clothing and then the next day they have something different. Then they complain they have no money

roy1751
01-08-2010, 05:50 PM
The problem is actually with people that pay real money for that crap, not with MS(who like any corporation exists mostly to generate profit).

JB x360a
01-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Far too expensive, bring the prices down and sell more, but in Bill's defence maybe he is making enough money by selling them high and not selling as many.

D3R3L3CT
01-08-2010, 08:21 PM
They gotta lower those prices, they are ridiculously high!

ZundayXx
01-08-2010, 08:38 PM
As long as people keep buying, the prices will remain the same.

Just hold a giant boycott action and the prices MIGHT go down a little.

Cable Player
01-08-2010, 10:37 PM
jazza boom, thats what I was thinking...
surley if MS reduced the prices, more people would buy the items meaning overall more money for MS. but with the amount of people who do buy at the moment, those prices arnt coming down anytime soon which is unfortunate for the 91 of us so far who have voted that it is too high lol
(i was supprised when i saw the poll 91for 14against. I wasnt expecting many people to vote on it lol

A Perfect Thief
01-19-2010, 10:52 AM
i bought the lightsaber just for shits and giggles :rock

BaconHorde
01-19-2010, 11:20 AM
It's simple economics. If you're purchasing things, you're saying that the price is allright. Noone is forcing you to buy the things off the marketplace, and who in the hell gives a damn what someone else's avatar looks like anyways?

eviltb
01-19-2010, 01:26 PM
MS have already made their money off you, cause you bought the points in the first place!!! They dont get extra revenue cause you then spend the points AGAIN on clothes, dlc, games or whatever. Just means you have to buy more points when you want those MW2 maps but cant get them cause you've blown your wad on clothes ;)

Manic Ado
01-19-2010, 02:13 PM
BEEH they scam!

Sean 94
01-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Lightsaber for 400MSP FTW !

njdevils17
01-19-2010, 03:15 PM
Haven't purchased anything for my guy yet. I just use whatever I unlock from playing games with rewards.

Some of the things are a rip off though. Why would I buy a light sabre for 400 points when I can get an arcade game?

scousers on tour
01-19-2010, 04:03 PM
It's simple economics. If you're purchasing things, you're saying that the price is allright. Noone is forcing you to buy the things off the marketplace, and who in the hell gives a damn what someone else's avatar looks like anyways?

100% agree well said

Retom7
01-19-2010, 04:42 PM
I think some of the items are really cool or really funny. That said, I can't afford to buy the stuff. I mean, I can, but I would rather spend my money on games. Limited funds, priorities first. I just wish they would continue to put in new clothes options and stuff for the freebies.

Some of the in game costumes are cool though, but not for 400+/-

neok182
01-19-2010, 05:11 PM
IMO, the avatar marketplace is great. It's an awesome replacement for gamerpics.

And most of the stuff is priced pretty nice. $1-3 (80-240MSP) Isn't that bad and i personally don't mind spending it for something i really like.

However, $3 should be the limit. A lightsaber for $5? that is ridiculous. Only thing i ever bought over $3 was the COG armor only because i really wanted it. But after that i refuse to spend over $3 and i don't think i have spent over $2 for anything else.

And thats just my opinion. I enjoy the marketplace and think it's great, but the $4-5 stuff needs to be lowered.

xtye
01-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Jog on? Wtf?

Anyway, I spend points in it every so often. I'm set on the shoes, glasses and pants I have but I grab a new shirt every so often.

McKaystyles
01-19-2010, 05:33 PM
ea better give me my 800 ms from the christmas deals!

Parasite Steve
01-19-2010, 07:05 PM
I would like them to be lowered, but that's just because who doesn't want everything to be cheaper in the world(Besides the sellers)
I've no problem spending the points on the things I like.
Voted they were too high, but after thinking about it I'd probably say the majority are alright(Though props might be more worth it if they stayed out, and THEN you did a quick animation of using them, then went back to idle)

JustiBoy
01-19-2010, 08:04 PM
Hi, I figured this would be the best place to ask. If you buy something for your avatar on one profile will all profiles on that XBox have access to it?

Darth Grif55
01-19-2010, 11:49 PM
This is why I stick to Avatar Awards. The only things I want from the Marketplace are a Steelers jersey & Gators hat. But that's because EA will NEVER have Awards.

Cyburn360
01-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Some of the stuff is alright, but the stuff which is 300 MSP or more needs to be lowered.

xtye
01-20-2010, 03:04 PM
ea better give me my 800 ms from the christmas deals!

I heard they may not honor that due to BF1943 being a holiday deal.

ghosty2478
01-20-2010, 03:31 PM
ive bought a bit of stuff, not much though

FoxRacing1234
01-20-2010, 03:50 PM
haha

40,000 points would be $500. 10,000 are $125. ;)

bryan1
01-21-2010, 12:27 AM
It's a rip off and I will never buy anything off it. I think they should like give you something every time you get an achievement or you should be able to trade in some gamer score for items.

Hitchman
01-21-2010, 07:28 AM
The avatar items are a bit to high priced for me. I do see a whole bunch of people wearing outfits from the marketplace, so lots of people dont seem to think that it is to expensive.

Dragonx987
01-21-2010, 07:46 AM
yes mostly every thing is over pirced in the market place but i got my darksiders "war armour" for free when i pre ordered it but i have only got a few items off there and that was after i got like 5 dlc items for games and i have some points left over so i got the ac2 cloths and it was over pirced it should only be 320points not 400points unlike all the other outfits u can get

EOD MarKz
01-21-2010, 07:47 AM
Yeah. The avatar marketplace is a really big rip off. They should make the prices cheaper. That's why I personally don't buy avatar items.

StephenJ360
01-21-2010, 04:51 PM
I found that was a big ripoff as well, even more annoying was the day before they announced the thing I bought both pieces of Mass Effect DLC and finished them in about 4 hours :/
Eh, guess thats what Microsoft and EA have in common though, their both money grabbers who care for their customers as much as they do for their next crap.

$5 for 4 hours of gameplay is a good deal. Especially if it's re playable, such as Mass Effect is.

RazerindemiX
01-21-2010, 09:44 PM
yea best thing is to boycott buying from the market place for say 2/3weeks but cant really see that happening any time soon

i dont buy cloths but have to buy the dlc cus its the only way to get the dlc and have bought the odd arcade game but find it almost impossible to play these longer than twenty mins or so

Skillet
01-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Is there anyone out there that's just getting tired of ragging on the price of marketplace items?

You either want to buy the shit, or you don't. There's really no "Well, I want this but it costs 100 points more than I'd be willing to spend."

100 points is what.. $1.20? It's pocket change.

Yeah, I bought some avatar stuff. I bought the Sam Fisher outfit from the Splinter Cell section, a new hat... and the N7 shirt from the Mass Effect "collection". So what?

I agree that some of it is overpriced... like most of the stupid looking props.

You know how I "protest" or complain about such things? I DON'T BUY THEM.