PDA

View Full Version : u think i can sell my xbox at gamestop?

ravensfanyuya
01-07-2010, 01:05 AM
my first xbox had a diskread error and my warranty ran out so i jsut bought a used one from gamestop...well i just found out that i can fix the disk read by opening my xbox and cleaning the lens. it works now so do you think i can sell it at gamestop...i wanna sell it by this weekend cause they have the extra 20 dollars for trading in consoles

YoungFate
01-07-2010, 01:15 AM
I've sold plenty of broken consoles to Gamestop in the past.

Dj LynZee
01-07-2010, 01:18 AM
I've sold plenty of broken consoles to Gamestop in the past.

lulz
As have I.
But mostly broken games.

YoungFate
01-07-2010, 01:22 AM
Back when Super Nintendo and N64 games were huge, i used to buy them, Crack them open and swap out the data chips and return a new game with some shitty game in the cartrage

dakisbac
01-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Back when Super Nintendo and N64 games were huge, i used to buy them, Crack them open and swap out the data chips and return a new game with some shitty game in the cartrage

Win. That sounds like a lot of work though. I stopped myself at a hard drive- buy a new one then switch the shells. Only requires a screwdriver and two minutes of your time.

Lil Miss Nikki
01-07-2010, 02:38 PM
I know many people that have sold broken consoles, hard drives and games to what we call Gamestation over here in the UK :) sounds cheeky yeah but hey I would guess they have recieved many broken things in their time when buying pre-owned things from there.

lordrex217
01-07-2010, 02:42 PM
try to go when it is busy if you're not sure. i once sold my dreamcast when there was no one else in the store, so the manager decided to test it out to make sure it worked. i'm sure if the store is busy then they won't even bother.

Steeze_OG
01-07-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm sure you could but just remember the next time you buy something used from a store like that and it doesn't work you shouldn't complain about having to return it......because it's basically people who do the things you describe that causes it to happen. Not trying to be on a high horse just saying to remember that next time you get something used that doesn't work.