PDA

View Full Version : Drowned Pass 3rd Hidden Demon Challenge

ImThEaLpHaOmEgA
01-07-2010, 04:05 AM
I am at the part where you have to break the blood bonds to free the rock giant, I got the 3 done but the fourth one through the sewer drain I can't figure out having to do with counter, counter kills, and projectile counters etc. Anyone have any suggestions to beat it? It would be appreciated.

Frankie Godskin
01-07-2010, 04:32 AM
To counter, hit RB right before you're hit by an attack. A yellow shield will appear in front of you and time will slow for a second. Hit X once to counterattack, which will knock down the enemy. When they get up, repeat for the kill. 5 of those and you're done.

-KTA-
01-07-2010, 04:35 AM
To counter, hit RB right before you're hit by an attack. A yellow shield will appear in front of you and time will slow for a second. Hit X once to counterattack, which will knock down the enemy. When they get up, repeat for the kill. 5 of those and you're done.

You don't have to hit X at all. Just hit RB and HOLD it. He'll do everything and wala you'll get the kills.

pacokorn77
01-14-2010, 12:41 AM
I'm having problems here, as the timing is the problem. It seems as if there is a very small window to hit RB in time for a counter/counter kill. I cannot for the life of me get counter kills. I might get one, but that's it.

Is there a specific time in the enemies attack regime that I can look for, as in a certain time in the swing of it's weapon that will help? I can compare the counters in this game to HOPOs in Guitar Hero 1; nobody could do it purely because of the window of opportunity was little-to-nothing.

[EDIT] And as soon as I complain about it, I get it done. The only piece of advice I can offer is when the demon's backswing is done, you'll need to take a mental note of how long the axe/scythe stays behind the demon before he begins his front swing; it's ~1 full second or less. As the front swing is beginning - not the immediate moment it begins - that is when you'll want to hit RB. Somewhere between backswing-end and quarter-way through the front swing is that key moment for a successful counter attack.

Treguard
01-14-2010, 02:40 AM
Thanks. This thread helped :)

Deathblow23
04-27-2010, 08:04 PM
I'm having real trouble with this too. So what you guys are saying is that you don't just hit RB...but HOLD RB?

Is that what I am reading?

esio gk
04-28-2010, 12:28 PM
I'm having real trouble with this too. So what you guys are saying is that you don't just hit RB...but HOLD RB?

Is that what I am reading? I just normally fought them until they had B over their heads. Then I waited for their attack and pressed RB just before they were about to hit me.

Deathblow23
04-28-2010, 01:28 PM
I got it on my first try last night. You actually kill them in 2 attempts if you hold down RB and time it just right. The timing wasnt the issue...it was how everything was worded when the challenge started.

It speaks of countering their attack...and states that you must kill 5 enemies with a projectile attack. The only projectile weapon I have is the Crossblade and after trying several times...that wasn't it. So thats when I came here...and got the answer. Thanks guys!