I can't put my code in to play.

katesith

Well my sister got this game in 08, so we have the 1st special edition. Today i want to play the game so it takes me to playonline viewer and asks me for the code in the back of the handbook. so i put it in and it has some uppercase and some lowercase number and i can only put in certain things so can someone help me. If there is a video please post.

• 1 month later...

What do you mean it only lets you put certain things? Do you mean your using the on screen keyboard and you can't find how to change from upper to lower case letters?

If so I pretty sure you there's a shift key which should change the case and show extra punctuation marks.

But if that don't work you can always use a USB keyboard if you have one. Just plug it in your xbox and type away.

Well my sister got this game in 08, so we have the 1st special edition. Today i want to play the game so it takes me to playonline viewer and asks me for the code in the back of the handbook. so i put it in and it has some uppercase and some lowercase number and i can only put in certain things so can someone help me. If there is a video please post.

This is a rather old thread so I may just be wasting my time but Id like to clarify some things, since the responses are a bit inadequate and registering FFXI is retarded and convoluted to an extreme.

Whenever it comes to FFXI, there seemss to be a lot of confusion about the registration process. If the code has been used it is linked to the account it is registered to. It doesn't matter if you got the code from the pc, ps2 or 360. The codes are universal.. they are used only to create accounts and do not identify to the platform you bought it for, however you still need the software to play the game on the respective platform (obviously), just use the same POL-ID.

If the code has been used, you need to get the POL-ID and log in with that. If you lost it, which is often the case, you must call up support with either the credit card # used or the code in the back of the book. They will ask you all of the info used to register it. Name, phone #, street address, etc, etc. You can contact them at 1-858-790-7529, they are open 9am-5pm PST, mon-fri.

Now, another thing. If the account you are trying to retrieve has been linked to a gamertag already you will have to ask support about their policy for that, since I don't know. They unlinked one from my gamertag so I could link a diff one, that's as far as my experience goes.

Hope this helps someone