PDA

View Full Version : Where can i get Migration Data Transfer kIT FROM?

MattisAce
01-07-2010, 01:49 PM
OKay well i looked on the xbox.com wesbite and see they sell for 9 but when i look on ebay the go for 20-30 are they the same thing?

II RUFF II
01-07-2010, 01:53 PM
I thought they are free on xbox.com? I got one about a year ago and it cost me nothing. Maybe ring them up?

J Lew332
01-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Theres was no need to start this thread, theres like 4 billion others on this topic. Call Microsoft and they will send you one for free.

Muhnamana
01-07-2010, 02:09 PM
A buddy of mine told me they are charging for them. He could be wrong but I know I got mine for free from MS a year or more ago.

stevedb79
01-11-2010, 06:33 PM
they are not free from microsoft now
they are 9 + VAT and P+P witch comes to 11.55.
They put it up on 18 December 2009
I know cause ive just had to order one

Infection Ftw
01-11-2010, 06:40 PM
they are not free from microsoft now
they are 9 + VAT and P+P witch comes to 11.55.
They put it up on 18 December 2009
I know cause ive just had to order one

Really? Because I ordered mine with that form thing around the same day and I got it for free.

stevedb79
01-11-2010, 06:46 PM
then im pissed off LOL
just got mine today and i can confirm it defo cost me money
ordered it on the 04 Jan 2010
can someone let me know a qustion
When im done with the cable and disc can i give it to my mate to use on his???
just wanna know a straight answer cause everyone goes on about a 1 time transfer...does this mean after one time the cable and or disc are useless???

balance13
01-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Think you can get them free if you have gotten a new 360 but what do I know.

Either way there has been so many of these threads a simple search would have answered your question

OldBayFries
01-11-2010, 08:18 PM
then im pissed off LOL
just got mine today and i can confirm it defo cost me money
ordered it on the 04 Jan 2010
can someone let me know a qustion
When im done with the cable and disc can i give it to my mate to use on his???
just wanna know a straight answer cause everyone goes on about a 1 time transfer...does this mean after one time the cable and or disc are useless???

I gave my old transfer kit to my buddy and he said it worked fine. I then used another buddies transfer kit myself which he used and it worked no problem. Im pretty sure it will work for you and your friend.

About the whole transfer kit charge thing.
I got a MW2 edition console in 11/2009 and called MS to get a cable and they said they are no longer free. So I think they started to charge for them.

Infection Ftw
01-11-2010, 10:22 PM
I gave my old transfer kit to my buddy and he said it worked fine. I then used another buddies transfer kit myself which he used and it worked no problem. Im pretty sure it will work for you and your friend.

About the whole transfer kit charge thing.
I got a MW2 edition console in 11/2009 and called MS to get a cable and they said they are no longer free. So I think they started to charge for them.

Half the time you call them they say it isn't free but I just printed the form did it on the mail and waited 2 weeks. And I too bought the MW2 console and after I bought it I sent the form.

Fizzmatix
01-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Half the time you call them they say it isn't free but I just printed the form did it on the mail and waited 2 weeks. And I too bought the MW2 console and after I bought it I sent the form.

The printed for no longer works, you can't download it off xbox.com anymore, so you do have to pay for all future cables and cds.

litepink
01-11-2010, 10:33 PM

I could not for the life of me find it on xbox.com. The links were all broken.

I called MS and talked to three different people and I couldn't get a free one so I ended up paying. Do you have the link Infection? Just curious. (edit: Fizz answered my question)

Oh and also, the rep on the phone claimed you can only use the kit once, and I think in the instructions it says to dispose of it afterwards. They likely want us to each buy our own instead of sharing or selling on eBay. But, many have confirmed that this is not true

Th33Troop33r
01-11-2010, 10:36 PM
MS gives them for free i ordered one sometime in Dec

Infection Ftw
01-11-2010, 10:59 PM
I could not for the life of me find it on xbox.com. The links were all broken.

I called MS and talked to three different people and I couldn't get a free one so I ended up paying. Do you have the link Infection? Just curious. (edit: Fizz answered my question)

Oh and also, the rep on the phone claimed you can only use the kit once, and I think in the instructions it says to dispose of it afterwards. They likely want us to each buy our own instead of sharing or selling on eBay. But, many have confirmed that this is not true

I've checked where I got it last time from and now they say in Dutch: Wanneer u een nieuw Xbox 360 Elite Systeem heeft gekocht en de gegevens wilt overzetten, dan kunt u de Xbox klantenservice contacteren (http://www.xbox.com/nl-NL/support/contact/) om deze kabel voor de prijs van 10.90 te bestellen (exclusief BTW).

Which means when you've bought a new Xbox 360 Elite System and you want to transfer the data then you can contact the Xbox Live customer support to order this kabel for the price of 10,90 (excluding BTW).

They also say that you get the cable with a 120GB HDD.