PDA

View Full Version : Close to 500k at the end of the game? Here's a trick!

Filter x360a
01-07-2010, 08:14 PM
Ok, so my third playthough I go to the final boos with just over 480k. I knew I might be able to score some points out of the mini game at the end, but not 20k worth. You get about 6 or 7k from beating the boss...Not exactly sure how much.

SO, at the beginning of the boss stage take out the shoulder turrets right away, they will give you grief.

Once that is done the robot will go to the back and grab a boulder. EVERY time he does this, just take out the boulder. Try not to do too much damage to the boss himself.

Then he'll jump over to the ramp you are on and go side to side from you with two different attacks. Everytime he switches sides or goes back leaves the platform he'll drop either a wepon mod or a health kit. If you have 100% health and pick up a kit it's an extra 1000 points, but ONLY if your health is full. Just keep your distance and doge flawlessly, pick up a health pack and repeat.

This took me about an extra 15 mins to do from the points level I was at, but it's MUCH easier then doing the entire story over again. Just rinse and repeat until you are over 500k then finish your game.

Hope this helps some people.

Cheers!

NOTE! - This only works if you are somewhat close to 500k, like 480k and above as after awhile he stops dropping health packs. Keep this in mind.

Jordbrett
01-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Was just checking the leaderboards. Ouch! You missed 500k by 500 points! Sorry to see that. Good luck on your next try. Thanks for the tip.

Filter x360a
01-08-2010, 01:11 AM
Was just checking the leaderboards. Ouch! You missed 500k by 500 points! Sorry to see that. Good luck on your next try. Thanks for the tip.

Must not have updated as I got it while ago. 520k was my best so far (4th overall in the world). But yeah, that one was a tough run.

Wolf X
01-08-2010, 07:02 PM
It's not TOO difficult. I managed it on my second attempt and got to the number 2 spot on the leaderboard.

I think the key to getting enough points is to go through the game while using the least amount of continues possible. On my run that got me the achievement I made it halfway through the eight level before using my first continue, I also got the achievement long before reaching the final boss.

Jordbrett
01-13-2010, 07:30 PM
Supposedly on lvl 7 you can kill everything and then fail the final countdown which starts you at the begining of the lvl with no loss of life or continue used. So in theory you can get infinite points from lVl 7. I haven't tested this myself yet but supposedly it works.

STARINFLAMES21
01-13-2010, 11:59 PM
Jordbrett its true in my first playthrough my countdown expired and my little brother saw that I still had the same score as when time expired. I was in doubt ever since but yeah its true its also what the guy in the leaderboards with 1 million got that score, he told a friend of mine!

Filter x360a
01-14-2010, 07:42 AM
Supposedly on lvl 7 you can kill everything and then fail the final countdown which starts you at the begining of the lvl with no loss of life or continue used. So in theory you can get infinite points from lVl 7. I haven't tested this myself yet but supposedly it works.

LOL!

Now that's just funny...oh well, a good grinding spot if people wanna beat that guy with 1 million on the leader boards.

Exu
01-18-2010, 08:21 AM
I was in a similar situation, got to the boss with 483k. Spammed the health packs then finished him off and ended up on 503k on the boss' death. Cheers OP!