PDA

View Full Version : Sabertooth, Who's your daddy? (Surefire victory)

Waheed
01-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Last night I was finishing up X-Men and Sabertooth was slapping me around a bit. I kept getting to the point where he would go into fury and stay there. I would also go into fury but I still got punished. Restarted the mission, still frustrated, I happened to press (Y) during my own fury state. Wolverine lunged at Sabertooth, doing no damage but stopped his attack animation instantly. He tossed me to the ground a and I was able to quick attack him 3 times and then (Y) again and repeat without taking any damage for the duration of my fury. Which brings us to the easy victory in this annoying battle:

And yes this if for Superhero difficulty.

Phase 1
---
Just pummel him with quick attacks and block his attacks when you see his animation starting up. (I had full block mutagen so I don't know if that will make a difference)

Use your fury right before he uses his let him hit you a few times to refill and just keep slicing and blocking (I would block when I was in fury). If done right you can get through enough of his life to make him go into his second fury while you are still in your fury and if you let him hit you a few times you'll have full fury again. Fury fury fury.

Phase 2
---
Same deal as Phase 1 but when Sabertooth goes into his final fury (I think he does it three times) heres what you do...

Quick attack (X) three times, or less
Quickly press (Y)
When you land on the ground do three quick attacks (X) again
Rinse and repeat

If you are running really low on your fury gauge let him smack you around a bit to refill it but if you have a full fury gauge at the start of his final fury you should have enough to get through the fight.

GL! HF! DD! Enjoy.

EASTENDENT
01-20-2010, 08:27 AM
I tried beating this with the other method described on this forum. This method is much better, worked the first time I tried it. Nice find dude, thanks alot.

Tim1601
04-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I found the fight easy until I got to the constant fury part then got flattened. I had no clue what to do at this point till I read your guide, thanks!:woop::woop:

millionblades
05-17-2010, 01:45 AM
thanks for the adding the Y button tip:goodpostThat helped got it on 3 try... finally done with this crappy game:drunk and its time to burn this sucker with gasoline

Requinox
06-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Thanks! It worked like a charm the first time I tried it.

forgottennn
06-11-2010, 10:51 AM
only had 1 trouble with this game, ice man. but after that piece of cake, not hard to beat sabertooth lol just hit 3 times, run, keep doing that, fury hit run hit run... not hard. this is the way i did it on super hero cus you have to...

TimespliTT
07-21-2010, 03:52 PM
everytime i go in for the 3X button combo he just immediately throw punches me.

got it. is this like a glitch trick. when i jump on him it cancels his throw punch

i can finally throw this game away

Ralph The Rogue
07-25-2010, 02:39 AM
It's not a glitch trick. He will always try to tackle in Rage Mode when you hit Y. He can't tackle SBRTUTH so it breaks his attack string. Thanks for this tip. It worked the first time.

FreshAspek
11-24-2010, 04:10 AM
great tip. thanks for pointing this out. Done and done. Onto Wolverine!

Ibanez V7
01-07-2011, 09:43 AM
Awesome find, thanks for sharing.

Another 1K, another disc I can snap.

Juiceh
02-24-2011, 10:24 PM
I fucking love you. I was about to go into rage myself for a moment there.

KryptoAcid
07-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Thank you for the help, but once upgraded it is pretty easy.

BKS37
07-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Without this tip, I would have been stuck for at least another two hours. I hate getting booted back to the beginning of the fight even though he had a small shred of health, then having to get all the collectables again. It's boss fights like these that do nothing to make a game better.

STLfan2468
12-03-2013, 06:36 PM
Grabbing him worked like a charm! What a frustrating boss.