PDA

View Full Version : How to change my age to Download from Xbox.com?

True I Skill
01-07-2010, 09:52 PM
It wont let me Download from Xbox.com Because i did not put my age As 18.

Is there any way to Change it if so how please?

veece16
01-07-2010, 09:56 PM
No, unfortunaly. You'll have to wait until you're 18 to premote your account. You could make another just for downloading demos and videos.

Psycho Chickan
01-07-2010, 09:56 PM
You're only option is to contact Xbox Support and get them to change the date of birth on your account as it's entered when setting up your account.

Email
https://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/emailsupport.aspx

Phone
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/contact.aspx

Or go to your countries Xbox.com for local numbers (e.g. xbox.com.au for me)

You will need to prove that you're over 18 tho.

True I Skill
01-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Oh damn,
Guess il have to wait 2 years...
Or if i was to make another account with the Age of 18, and put it onto my xbox, then download somthing from the website, then turned on my xbox and it downloaded, Would it also go onto my Other profile also?

Edit: Thanks for the link, But i cant proove im 18, thinking about it even if making another account worked, I dont think i would be able to downloaded what i wanted, seeing as it was the Splinter Cell Code Of conviction Code1 theme. Which i only did on my Under age account :(

Fizzmatix
01-07-2010, 10:15 PM
You could create a new account and download with it, it doesn't work for avatar items but it does work for themes, demos, DLC and such. I'm not if it's against Microsofts TOS but it's the only way i can get content as I got screwed out of most of my download privileges due to my account region type. Not age related but still, similar issue.

Tufty
01-07-2010, 10:23 PM
That is why I never use my real date of birth, just get your dad or mum to phone up, if you have a credit card on your account it should make it a lot easier.

True I Skill
01-07-2010, 10:31 PM
That is why I never use my real date of birth, just get your dad or mum to phone up, if you have a credit card on your account it should make it a lot easier.

Didnt think of that, So i just get my Dad to phone up, Act like it is his account, and have him ask for the age to be changed to over 18?

CaptainSpanner
01-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Demo's and videos are shared. DLC and Themes, gamerpics and avatar clothes are not.

Tufty
01-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Yes. Well, either that, or you'll get some guy recently imported from a 3rd world country babbling on about unrelated incident.

True I Skill
01-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Ok thanks for the replies guys, Il get it sorted soon.

MisaaAmane
01-07-2010, 11:11 PM
I think you also can add a "parent" e-mail that's over 18 and each time its a download like that it asks for their password. I don't remember if you can do that any more though or not

veece16
01-07-2010, 11:35 PM
I think you also can add a "parent" e-mail that's over 18 and each time its a download like that it asks for their password. I don't remember if you can do that any more though or not

It doesn't. I tried it on an old account and it just gives the pop-up saying you have to be 18 or older.