PDA

View Full Version : Has my Xbox died?

Gohan Reborn
01-07-2010, 10:57 PM
Please excuse me not looking for a specific thread, as I'm a bit in a hurry to find a solution.

I recieved a new game today "Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. Sith Edition". I got into a party, talked to my friends and was playing only for about 7-8 minutes when my xbox made a tiny 1 second long, wierd "beep", and the game froze. I turned it off, and back on, and thought it was wierd the game would freeze...seeing as it's brand new with no scratches. It went to the Dashboard, and I turned my controller on. All 4 green rings on the controller started lighting up and it wouldn't stop at the top left corner like usual. It kept blinking as if it was unsynced.

So I get up, press the sync buttons on both the xbox and the controller, and they both rotated and looked as if it synced up properly. All 4 green rings on my controller continued to blink, so I look at my screen and realize the Dashboard was frozen. I turn it off again, and turn it back on. Now the xbox green rings don't exist. When I power it on, only the green light in the middle turns on. No rotating rings, No picture on my screen. No red rings either.

What to do? Anyone had something similar? I got this xbox 360 Elite used, and I've had it myself for about 15 months. Never has had any problems. Also the Power brick seems fine.

Shinobi273
01-07-2010, 11:00 PM
Restart it again. It should start up properly in a few tries. If not, call MS support.

davhth4
01-07-2010, 11:05 PM
Unplug all cables and blow in them and then plug it all back in and make sure they are connected then try again if not then do as above stated. At most I would say a dead powerpack but defonatly not a dead xbox.

Benji2229
01-07-2010, 11:07 PM
Is it possiable you may have let your xbox over heat?? A friend of mine burned his xbox out by letting it over heat and he had no red rings either. Either way microsoft are obligied to fix any xbox that breaks the only problem is sending it away to them. Check it out at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534. You should be able to figure it out there. My xbox broke too a few months ago except mine was the RROD n was given a new one from Game stop because it was still in its warranty. Another thing even if your xbox is used if it still in its gurrantee then you can bring it bac and they have to give you another one. Hope I helped.

Gohan Reborn
01-07-2010, 11:08 PM
...Red Rings are official. If I leave the xbox on for about a minute the infamous 3 rings start flashing. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

I'll try unplugging the stuff, leaving it alone etc. If nothing works, I guess I'll be having it repaired. Damn. I just spent nearly $200 this week on xbox stuff. -______-.

balance13
01-07-2010, 11:41 PM
RROD sucks. how old is your xbox?

Gohan Reborn
01-08-2010, 12:08 AM
It's an xbox Elite. I got it roughly August or September of 2008. However according to the MFR Date, my xbox is a little bit less than 3 years old. 3/09/2007.

I spoke to MS, they said I'm still under warrantly (They said until May of 2010), and I'm having the pre-paid shipping stuff sent to me, so I can send my xbox out. I'm upset, and while I guess it's a good thing that I'm taking a break from the xbox, still I'm kinda shocked...didn't think it would ever happen to me.

Shinobi273
01-08-2010, 02:29 AM
didn't think it would ever happen to me.

Cue dramatic reenactment!

I'm going to close this since it seems as resolved as the forums will get you. Feel free to post the ToD on the official 360 graveyard thread.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=30262