PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 not ripping burned cds.

Husker Dude
01-08-2010, 05:11 AM
At first I thought it was because the burned cds were burned at high quality level, but then I tried ripping a cd a friend ripped for me from his computer that I had previously ripped with no problems and this time was failing.

Only some songs ripped the others don't.

Is there something I can do?

djswivel
01-08-2010, 07:01 AM
CDR's only have a limited lifespan, so I'd guess the CD has died.

Husker Dude
01-08-2010, 10:17 PM
CDR's only have a limited lifespan, so I'd guess the CD has died.

I can still listen to it on any other cd player, in fact my Xbox 360 plays it. I also tried burning an original cd and it didn't rip it all the way.

Dustinator
01-09-2010, 12:40 AM
At first I thought it was because the burned cds were burned at high quality level, but then I tried ripping a cd a friend ripped for me from his computer that I had previously ripped with no problems and this time was failing.

Only some songs ripped the others don't.

Is there something I can do?

I have always had this problem. On certain burned cds(mainly newer ones for me) all the songs don't copy over to the 360. It's just the way the 360 is. And I've had the Elite and Pro units too.....I've found that the older burned cds I have worked though. They're Memorex ones I got like 6+ years ago. ALL those songs copied over to the 360. So dunno, that's just my experience :confused:

Jimbob131190
01-09-2010, 01:13 AM
Xbox does not rip Burned cds well, it is able to rip around 2-3 tracks out of a 20 track set for me, if you use actual CD's it uses the internet to find album infomation on that cd much like Itunes and WMP does, pretty sweet if you ask me.

Husker Dude
01-12-2010, 03:07 AM
Xbox does not rip Burned cds well, it is able to rip around 2-3 tracks out of a 20 track set for me, if you use actual CD's it uses the internet to find album infomation on that cd much like Itunes and WMP does, pretty sweet if you ask me.

It's weird, it won't ripped a cd that had been previously ripped. I also had bad luck ripping an original cd. I hope there a patch for this soon.
Yeah I knew about the internet and album information, I use it every time I try to rip cds.

xtye
01-12-2010, 03:50 AM
I gave up trying to rip CD's to my HDD. I just plug my iPod in and use that for music.