PDA

View Full Version : Patch to address texture tearing on the way!

BoostinBen
01-08-2010, 08:05 AM
http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/105/1058958p1.html

UK, January 7, 2010 - With Vigil Games (http://au.games.ign.com/objects/818/818224.html)' apocalyptic action adventure Darksiders (http://au.xbox360.ign.com/objects/818/818226.html) poised for release on January 8 in the UK and Europe, we had chance to sit down with studio head Joe Madureira during his whistle stop tour of London and managed to get some official word on reported screen-tearing issues plaguing only the Xbox 360 version of the game.

Madeuira confirmed that Vigil has been made aware of the issue and is already planning a fix: "It's something that's really not a difficult fix for us and so we're going to implement a patch to resolve the problem. We're fairly certain it'll happen really soon so look out for it."

We thoroughly enjoyed Vigil's inaugural effort and it's great to hear the studio's eager to iron out the wrinkles so soon after they've come to light.

Good to know :woop:

KamikazeQ
01-08-2010, 08:46 AM
Well that's a relief. I just got a new TV recently and I wasn't sure if the tearing that I was seeing in this game was my TV or the game itself. Good to see that a fix is on the way but I really have to wonder how an obvious issue like that got past testing.....

BoostinBen
01-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Well that's a relief. I just got a new TV recently and I wasn't sure if the tearing that I was seeing in this game was my TV or the game itself. Good to see that a fix is on the way but I really have to wonder how an obvious issue like that got past testing.....

It appears the 360 version looks crisper than the PS3 version but at the expense of texture tearing, whereas the PS3 has a dull look to the game. Either way, yeah, I noticed the tearing right when I booted the game and played through the 1st part of it. Glad to see a patch is coming out so quick.

Suki
01-08-2010, 11:26 AM
i am not a big graphics whore and think this game looks and play awesome but the tearing i noticed straight away and it does distract from the overall greatness of the game, this is the worst case of tearing i have ever seen on any game on the 360 and am amazed it got released like this, at the moment i am ignoring it the best i can and feel by the time the patch is released i will have finished the game.

Sh4z
01-08-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeap i got it too, i adjusted the screen from 1080p to 1080i or 740p that fixed most of the tearing. Im glad they are making a fix for it.

Xerofox
01-08-2010, 01:18 PM
I hope they are quick enough because with the time I spend at this game I'll be done by the time they release a patch.

BoostinBen
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
i am not a big graphics whore and think this game looks and play awesome but the tearing i noticed straight away and it does distract from the overall greatness of the game, this is the worst case of tearing i have ever seen on any game on the 360 and am amazed it got released like this, at the moment i am ignoring it the best i can and feel by the time the patch is released i will have finished the game.

Apparently Baynoetta is even worse, with magazines even docking points from it due to the texture tearing.

TotalAbyssDeath
01-08-2010, 01:49 PM
The tearing wasn't that bad. You notice it in the begining of the game but by the middle and end I didn;t notice it at all.

Suki
01-08-2010, 05:03 PM
Apparently Baynoetta is even worse, with magazines even docking points from it due to the texture tearing.

i thought the ps3 was docked points for it i didnt know the 360 had it as well.

MythPlus
01-10-2010, 09:29 AM
I didn't notice it whatsoever on the 360. Darksiders yes, the screen tearing was horrible but here in Bayonetta much more is happening on screen at the same time, but the frame rate remained consistent and silky smooth.

BlackRiderRazil
01-14-2010, 03:34 AM
i thought the ps3 was docked points for it i didnt know the 360 had it as well.

Having played Bayonetta only slightly less than Darksiders since their release, I can say that I have not noticed a single issue with screen tearing on Bayonetta for the 360. In fact, the graphics in Bayonetta have been consistently solid, much like Darksiders would be were it not for this nagging tearing issue

nnaatteedd
01-14-2010, 05:00 PM
I got a new TV the day it came out and I knew the tearing was a mishap on the part of the developers, but the headaches I am getting I thought were from the tv. That too seems to stem from the frame tear

Amazing69
01-20-2010, 06:44 PM
Any idea how long we will have to wait I have Bayonetta but I am done with it full 1000 and even finish it with Jeanne I still have my Darksiders new in box and I want to play it before Mass Effect but if this keeps up I will end up taking it back to the store I want to play the game but not with all the screen tearing. At this point would I be better off taking it back and buying it again later on for less money ???