PDA

View Full Version : targets and deadlines?

skull3k3
01-08-2010, 10:13 AM
Do you set yourself deadlines for certain games? maybe because a new game is coming out you must have? or you want a deadline base way of getting gamerscore up?

For me i am playing fairytale fights until bioshock 2 comes out i know i cant get all the achievements so i am going for all the ones i can, and if i get them all before feb i will go back to HL2 episode 2 and get all of those ones

Also trying to get the last 60G for fable 2 before the end of the month so i can give the game back to my friend

So anyone else?

specVjavi
01-08-2010, 10:17 AM
i dont really like giving myself deadlines, because then it puts too much pressure on trying to finish the game. I like to play in a more relax and stress free mind set.

Didi Mau
01-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I install every incomplete game on my hard drive and have next to no space left, so I kinda have targets in the sense that I'll buckle down once I want to start another game, just so I can uninstall the completed game and make room for the new one haha.

I do set myself certain targets like 1000g game X in a week or whatever, but normally only for games that I'm achievement whoring on because it does make it feel a bit more like work. I will typically force myself to do at least one song a day on Guitar Hero Hits though, I have several careers still to complete on that.

littlemissymoo
01-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Only with my rental games. I have unlimited rentals a month but one disk at a time and try to get through as many as I can, but I have deadlines of a game for max three weeks before sending it back. Don't want to spend my money on one rental when could have 2/3 in a month. If not completed I always put it back on my rental list and shall play it again.

Jakethemuss
01-15-2010, 10:29 PM
If I rent easy 1000G games I try and complete them within afew days so I can get the next one. If I buy a game I know I have it permenantly, so I don't really have a deadline. I was playing GTA IV for like 4 freakin months!! I wasn't aiming for achievements per say, just playing the game.

kentarulez
01-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Sometimes I will, but not that often. Might start doing more now I have more time to do achievement whoring.

_DaNnY_
01-16-2010, 01:23 AM
Life is full of deadlines.

If you treat games SO SERIOUSLY.. then yeah go and have your deadlines...

Personally? I don't do that shit, xbox is entertainment for me, I want minimal stress.

TDC333
01-16-2010, 02:52 AM
I never set deadlines on the games that I own. I see no point and I can go back to the game at any time I want. If I rent a quick 1000g game then I am on a deadline because I have to return the game.

R Rated Love
01-16-2010, 03:05 AM
No. As stated above, for me Xbox is a means to relieve stress, not add to it. I play games for fun, and if I happen to buy a new one, I'm not going to postpone playing it just because I have other games that lack a full 1000 points.

katesith
01-16-2010, 03:10 AM
Im doing something like this right now. My xbox broke so I am playing tinker so I can get the 200 before my xbox is back. Thats unless they don't fix the glitched achievement.

ghosty2478
01-16-2010, 03:15 AM
Im renting games from lovefilm and i set myself a target to 1000 one per week, im in a gamerscore race to 50k at the mo so if i do it this way then i can hopefully come out good in the race but still enjoy playing the games i love

Fueled By RC
01-16-2010, 04:33 AM
I do, however it usually never lasts.

I always have to have the latest game and most play it, even though that never happens. I recently completed AC2 and it took me until 4 days prior to actually sit down and play it.

Next week is dedicated to Army of Two: 40th Day... that'll probably change.