PDA

View Full Version : Remind you of Zelda?

Dj LynZee
01-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Anyone else think this game sort of reminds you of Zelda? That's kind of the feel I got when I was halfway through the first 'dungeon' like area. It's actually a nice refresher from the constant FPS games that have been coming out lately. After a while you really get bored of shooters. I know I do. So it's good to have some variety.

Sh4z
01-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeap it does, and i like it :D

Suki
01-08-2010, 01:02 PM
i too like the game but Zelda 'No'

Xerofox
01-08-2010, 01:16 PM
For me it didn't feel like a Zelda game, more like a Soul Reaver game.

knightdedede
01-08-2010, 01:20 PM
Very much so. A lot of reviewers are saying "Zelda meets God of War". For me, it feels a lot like Zelda, my favorite game franchise everz. There are the dungeons and the bosses. You find a weapon halfway through a dungeon and use it to make your way through the rest. Four shards make a Lifestone or Wrath Core. There's the horse, Ruin. It IS very much like Zelda but if you're not looking for that comparison, you won't see it.

ErmacVersion1
01-08-2010, 01:48 PM
To be honest, I'm just waiting for the text at the bottom of the screen to tell me I've obtained "the big key. It unlocks doors and chests that normal keys don't." That or to hear the dun dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. Loving the hell out of this game either way though.

Sha
01-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Well if people compare it to both Zelda and Soulreaver, I'm sold :)

goothgone
01-08-2010, 03:51 PM
NO........

LeakyBung
01-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Indeed. This game was better than expected.

MetalMudkip
01-08-2010, 09:11 PM
In regards to Soul Reaver.... It's like the first Soul Reaver game, but not the others, the first one was free roam(not counting the horrible Blood Omen 1), and all the others were linear no exploration.

HannShotFirst
01-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Yes it does, and I love it. I once even found a chest by lighting all the torches in a room, classic Zelda puzzle. What's even better is that the Watcher is basically Navi voiced by the Joker.

Incidentally, anyone else realize that Vulgrim is the same guy who voices Hermes from Futurama as well as Samurai Jack?

tpb
01-08-2010, 09:36 PM
For me it didn't feel like a Zelda game, more like a Soul Reaver game.

I absolutely get a soul reaver feel from the game... doubt it will be anywhere near as good as that - LoK is one of my all time favs! But there is a definate feeling that reminds me of Raziel wandering around beating bosses - gaining new abilities which when allows you to go to new places, etc in a vaguely open world way...

Muse89
01-08-2010, 10:37 PM
didnt really get a zelda feel and never played a soul reaver game
but definately agree with you about it being a refreshing change from shooters
halfway three shooter atm and just cant bring myself to point guns at anything for a while

b14ckdr4g0n82
01-08-2010, 10:47 PM
yes it's what zelda could be without nintendo's censorship and kiddy rules now don't get me wrong i've love the zelda series and have for over 20 yrs but nintendo needs to realize that olds gamers are now grown up i love darksiders it's awesome

knightdedede
01-09-2010, 05:18 AM
I've always wanted to play a Soul Reaver game. Does anyone know or think they're release on for the next-gen consoles or has the story ended?

MetalMudkip
01-09-2010, 06:00 AM
I've always wanted to play a Soul Reaver game. Does anyone know or think they're release on for the next-gen consoles or has the story ended?

Story ended with Defiance

seiferkai
01-09-2010, 11:51 AM
this game is a mixture of Zelda, God of war, and Soul Reaver Aspects.

Zelda Aspects
--------------
Ever get the feeling you are gonna need something to move on?
Dungeons all have 3 floors
The Beholder Key is like the Big Key
Bosses all have strategies with the newest weapon obtained
When you finally beat the boss you get a extra "Heart Container" and a warp out
When you finally return to the "Sage" or "Demon" in this case. you are rewarded with a new power to move on to the next dungeon.

God of war Aspects
------------------
Brutal Finishers
Wing Ripping
Health meter
Combos

Legacy of Kain:Soul Reaver Aspects
---------------------------------
Soul Gathering
Soul Currency
Hover Wings
Robes that War Wears
They Mention Uriel

World of Warcraft Refrences
---------------------------
The Stygian
Slithid
Ash Desert and Worms

thats all i can think of guys let me know what you think

MADasaHatter
01-09-2010, 06:32 PM
and let's not forget my favorite game reference

Void Walking = Valve's Portal

Kaltmacher
01-09-2010, 06:41 PM
it's a realy great game! It's like zelda for adults. hope for a sequel!