PDA

View Full Version : Horsman & Improvised Kills

knightdedede
01-08-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm curious as to whether or not these achievements carry over to the next playthrough? I have the guide and it says you REALLY need to put in some effort if you wanna get these two before the game ends, but it doesn't say anything about the kills carrying over. Anyone know?

Mister Binky
01-08-2010, 03:57 PM
I don't believe that anything except the Abyssal Armor carries over to a new playthrough. I can tell you that the guide is wrong in regards to Improvised Kills. I got it in about half an hour by farming kills at the Crossroads before getting the horn from Vulgrim (or whatever his name is). There are plenty of items there so you can just kill the zombies, save, quit to the main menu, load up your game and use the remaining items to kill the respawned zombies. As long as you don't go around the area swinging your sword like a crazy person there should be plenty of items to either get you the achievement or at least get you very close to it.

I haven't gotten far enough in the game to get Ruin so I can't speak to the kills on horseback.

punkmonkey1717
01-08-2010, 05:18 PM
i just started the game and i can say improvised kills was one of the first achievements i have earned. It probaly only took about 10 minutes of farming.

Just play the begining "apocalypse" level and use the cars to kill the demons. Then after the you get the chaoseater you will be in the hotel.

DO NOT destroy any of the cars in the parking garage. Continue to the top until the zombies appear. Once they appear drop all the way day to the first level of the parking garage and kill the zombies by throwing cars at them. Continue to work your way up back to the top only using objects you can pick up.

Make your way through the level until you get outside and talk to volgrim (the demon). This is where you will be farming.

Use cars, light poles, roadblocks, desks to throw at groups of zombies out here. Make your way around this area untill you have killed the majority of the zombies ignoring any other demons you see. Once they are mostly gone. You should rack up at least 20-30 kills.

Now let your yourself be killed by the fat flaming demon that spwans on either side of this area. Once you die select "load last waypoint". Now you will spawn in the same area with all zombie and some respawned objects to throw. Just keep farming and you should have the achievement in no time!

Mister Binky
01-08-2010, 06:18 PM
To piggyback on punkmonkey's post, the large, round hotel room where you first encounter the demon with the flaming hands is also a good place to farm this. Just run around picking up items and throwing them at the zombies. Then, when the demon arrives, let him kill you, load the last waypoint and farm some more until you feel like moving on to the outside.

Muse89
01-08-2010, 09:00 PM
even if you dont want to farm this, just pick up stuff whenever you come accross weak enemies, i didnt bother when it came to most of the stronger ones, got i just after greiver
and the hoarseman, surely that doesnt matter so much, just get is after youve finished the game if you dont have it before then when your mopping up achievements

IISYNII Raid3n
01-08-2010, 11:18 PM
I got it later on only because I figured it was gonna be relatively easy to get it without grinding. For the most part that's true. Whenever you're at the Scalding Gallow, or wherever it is that Samael is locked up you'll face about say...10ish enemies there and all the cars and whatnot respawn. Every time you go there just knock a few of them around, and since you'll be going there more or less frequently, it shouldn't be hard

knightdedede
01-09-2010, 05:16 AM
Well that's a relief. Thanks guys.

spunyun
01-25-2010, 10:43 PM
i just started the game and i can say improvised kills was one of the first achievements i have earned. It probaly only took about 10 minutes of farming.

Just play the begining "apocalypse" level and use the cars to kill the demons. Then after the you get the chaoseater you will be in the hotel.

DO NOT destroy any of the cars in the parking garage. Continue to the top until the zombies appear. Once they appear drop all the way day to the first level of the parking garage and kill the zombies by throwing cars at them. Continue to work your way up back to the top only using objects you can pick up.

Make your way through the level until you get outside and talk to volgrim (the demon). This is where you will be farming.

Use cars, light poles, roadblocks, desks to throw at groups of zombies out here. Make your way around this area untill you have killed the majority of the zombies ignoring any other demons you see. Once they are mostly gone. You should rack up at least 20-30 kills.

Now let your yourself be killed by the fat flaming demon that spwans on either side of this area. Once you die select "load last waypoint". Now you will spawn in the same area with all zombie and some respawned objects to throw. Just keep farming and you should have the achievement in no time!Is there a surefire way for getting the environmental objects to respawn? They are not respawning for me when I let myself die. I was having a hard time finding stuff to kill with at the end of my first playthrough and worried I had too many kills to go yet.

edit: I got the achievement eventually by just going around crossing roads right off the bat and killing every zombie I could with environment items and then letting the big guys on the sides kill me to get more zombie respawns. There should be enough stuff in Cross Roads to get the achievement right off the bat if you do it right. I was using my sword too much the first play through I think, kinda destroyed a lot of stuff I guess.

NUTZILLA313
01-28-2010, 10:52 PM
The Crossroads is where I did some grinding to get this. I was just about to quit and try this method, then one last zombie got it to pop up for me. Phew. It's definitely a real bitch towards the end of the game. Would definitely recommend to people, and should be added to the guide, to work on this as soon as possible and to use this parking garage method at the beginning to get it out of the way. Great work.:uzi::eek: