PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty

Spawn 0f Hell
01-08-2010, 02:14 PM
I've done a couple of quests (not all of them so I'm not sure if this theory holds

up) and I've noticed that the difficulty is decided by how far you are in the main

story. So you could have just activated the fast travel and gained access to the

island but if you've done lots of side quests, grinding sessions or playing in higher

level games it's going to be a lot easier then completing the game (which ramps

the difficulty up to max.) and then doing the zombie island bits.

Just thought this could be useful info, if anybody who's completed it a couple of times with characters from different main quest points wants to clarify, it would be great.

Veles
01-08-2010, 04:37 PM
I've done every single quest I could get my hands on so far, I'm about to enter Jaynistown and got the DLC so started doing that instead, when I first began all the enemies were a level or two above me with the ones that throw up on you displaying a caution symbol before I leveled up. So I don't think it has anything to do with story progression but your level. I started it at 28/29ish and it seems to have put me with the missions starting at level 30. I'm guessing there are level brackets. It seems like the level goes up in tens, the missions start at either level 10, 20, 30, 40 or 50 and it decides which difficulty based on what level you are. So for instance, I'd guess if you were level 18-27 when you enter the DLC you will be put in the level 20 missions because at level 27, having level 30 missions would be a bit too challenging, but at level 18, level 10 missions would be far too easy.

Joker0fLife
01-08-2010, 07:20 PM
When I played, I was on my second playthrough with a level 50 siren and was only getting lvl 42-45 zombies the whole time. When I started from the beginning with a Hunter, they were lvl 12-15 where I was only a level 8.

Lord Yamikage
01-08-2010, 09:48 PM
When I played, I was on my second playthrough with a level 50 siren and was only getting lvl 42-45 zombies the whole time. [...]

Same here. I was still little early in the 2nd playthrough with level 38, but majority of the zombies were 42. Had to play some side quests, and came back when I was low 40 to attempt the Zombie Island missions. Great DLC.

Black Shirah
01-13-2010, 10:52 PM
When I played, I was on my second playthrough with a level 50 siren and was only getting lvl 42-45 zombies the whole time. When I started from the beginning with a Hunter, they were lvl 12-15 where I was only a level 8.
That's pretty much right. I've done this DLC on my first playthrough with a level 50 Siren (Wanted it out of the way ASAP) and most enemies are around 36.

s3xyemo
01-19-2010, 03:29 AM
its is an average of the players levels

pined5551
01-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Can be pretty tough though. I started it at 42, when everyone was 42 and 43. Makes the bigger enemies a real pain, especially becasue once they're sick on you you can't run away or move at all, or see! I can't even begin to describe how much i hate that. About half way through this dlc now, can't wait to have it done. For some reason i've really grown bored of this game :( Not that it isn't a great game, i just got bored, lol.

buck wyyld
01-21-2010, 05:18 AM
I blew through this DLC like wildfire with a level 37 Soldier. When I finished, I was around level 41 and nothing challenging to be found. A fun time, but don't worry about the level when you get in to this, IMO.:uzi:

PolaSoup
01-21-2010, 07:50 PM
Thanks for all the info guys, think me and my girlfriend will play through this tonight. Both have level 28 characters at the moment and it seems I won't be finishing the other DLC any time soon.

Fully Avenged
01-28-2010, 04:57 PM
Can be pretty tough though. I started it at 42, when everyone was 42 and 43. Makes the bigger enemies a real pain, especially becasue once they're sick on you you can't run away or move at all, or see! I can't even begin to describe how much i hate that. About half way through this dlc now, can't wait to have it done. For some reason i've really grown bored of this game :( Not that it isn't a great game, i just got bored, lol.

Same thing happened to me really... Getting the 1000G was really fun, and I downloaded Zombie Island thinking it'd rekindle my interest, and for a while it did... But collecting all those Brains was just mind-numbing, pain-staking, and just straight up boring... While I have written two extensive guides on areas of this game in general, I now tend to stray away from it.

Lord Yamikage
01-28-2010, 06:16 PM
[....]But collecting all those Brains was just mind-numbing, pain-staking, and just straight up boring... While I have written two extensive guides on areas of this game in general, I now tend to stray away from it.

If you knew and read from this website, you'd rush to meet TK very first after exiting the village. And while you are getting there, you'd headshot every zombies, leaving the brains on the ground. After you get the brain mission, you'd just simply go back to the missions you obtained, and pick up the brains you left on the ground (for 10 and 25 brains you could've got this by the houses in front of the TK).

Really, you'd have got 400 brains as you are playing the missions. There are more than 400 zombie in the game. Unless you miss every headshot, brains achievements are free give.

Fully Avenged
01-29-2010, 03:14 AM
If you knew and read from this website, you'd rush to meet TK very first after exiting the village. And while you are getting there, you'd headshot every zombies, leaving the brains on the ground. After you get the brain mission, you'd just simply go back to the missions you obtained, and pick up the brains you left on the ground (for 10 and 25 brains you could've got this by the houses in front of the TK).

Really, you'd have got 400 brains as you are playing the missions. There are more than 400 zombie in the game. Unless you miss every headshot, brains achievements are free give.

How very modest of you sir, to question my understanding of the website.

I knew full well that you *could* visit him first, however, I thought that collecting the brains seperately would extend the life of the DLC. I am not the kind of person who rushes through games just to get max achievements, so I wanted the DLC to last as long as possible.

Which leads me to the situation I found myself in where I was lacking the brains and I collected them seperately.

But no, I know full well to check guides first. Thanks for trying to help though, I guess. :confused:

Rabid311Panda
02-08-2010, 05:13 AM
yea for me the zombies are at level 50 and 51..i beat the 2nd playthrough and now everybody i fight is at those levels..the zombies are not to hard though since the shotgun i found awhile ago is pretty good (237x12 damage with 117%damage)..and the fact that its a level 38 weapon from Tediore

Foredeath
01-04-2011, 10:41 PM
I am a level 41 one but ran into a level 61 midget today. Otherwise I would say the game places you about even with the enemies.