PDA

View Full Version : WOW are you serious?!?!

jamie0393
01-08-2010, 09:32 PM
Ok, so when this game came out with achievements i was raring to go, i think this game is great and now having answered over 1200 i only need one achievement which is answer 6 questions correctly and instantly.
So i decided i would choose a catagory which i am good at (maths) and play for the hour which it was on.
3 times i got 5 questions correct and instant in a row and then got the 6th one too slow or incorrect.
In the second round i again got the first 5 correct, panicked on the 6th using an instant skip .. still no achievement, the next 5 questions i get correct and instantly.
So understandably i was relieved when the next question came up with:
What is (5 * 2) - 8?

Obviously the answer is 2, so when X)10 and A)12 came up i instantly hit B, only to my extreme anger to see it was B)14!!!
How stupid is this?!?! the correct answer was apparently 12, which it clearly isnt.

Having played this game so much i really want to get 200/200 for it but this achievement is playing up for me, as i am not good at any other subjects i now have to wait for another maths one to come up which isnt for over a week. I just think its stupid how such an obvious question had the wrong answer and it could only be on the 6th instant answer for me :mad::mad:

BudzMcGee
01-11-2010, 04:04 AM
I have seen some incorrect question/answers before. Especially in community written. That being said, I got screwed on the 6 instant question one once myself. Question number six was a "which came first" question, which means you have to see all 3 answers before you can pick, which means you CANNOT get an instant bonus. I was so pissed.

FiSh N cHiPsY
01-11-2010, 04:59 PM
When you say 5 * 2 what does * mean? Sorry I don't get it.

the_b1ues
01-11-2010, 05:02 PM
it means times 5 x 2 =10

veece16
01-12-2010, 02:05 AM
Some of the questions are just stupid like that. I remember one about asking how many buttons are the xbox 360 controller. It can depend on the person and what you consider a button.

Scythie
01-12-2010, 10:08 PM
This might help and this is how I did it...

Make sure you do it on the extended play and at the start, the first questions always seem to be the easiest.

Also if you get a question wrong, or if you don't do it quick enough, then once you realise use a skip, because that in a sense by-passes the question.

I got 5 instant answers, acted an idiot and got the 6th wrong, screamed, used a pass and then luckily got the 7th question instant and got the achievement.

jamie0393
01-14-2010, 11:51 PM
This might help and this is how I did it...

Make sure you do it on the extended play and at the start, the first questions always seem to be the easiest.

Also if you get a question wrong, or if you don't do it quick enough, then once you realise use a skip, because that in a sense by-passes the question.

I got 5 instant answers, acted an idiot and got the 6th wrong, screamed, used a pass and then luckily got the 7th question instant and got the achievement.

Finally i got this achievement a couple of days ago.
Again after playing for an hour of my evening, Back to School came up.
And i have to admit i was lucky, but about time i got some luck on this game!
I was an idiot and got the 6th question wrong, got the skip in on time and then couldnt believe that the next question was 'Which comes first in the alphabet?' argh, but i took a stab, hit :abut: and got it instantly, correct and best of all, my achievement :woop::woop:
Thanks for the responses guys.
200g/200g - but a bitch to get!

Tapion
01-15-2010, 12:53 AM
Took me a few tries as well for the 6 instant answers achievement. Luckily, I was able to get the 12 questions in a row one yesterday. Those skips sure helped, and last question I needed, I knew.. just glad to get that done and over with.

McApree
01-16-2010, 05:20 PM
My girlfriend was playing Live version last night and got this for me while I was doing homework. Live seems to have the easiest questions at the beginning, try there. I just need to answer 500 now, I have around 312 answered I think.

Almondo74
01-18-2010, 09:45 PM
If u still need 6 instant answers play world football if u have sum knowledge its easy as hell especially the 1st 20 lol.

horstwayne
01-23-2010, 12:38 PM
the early maths ones are the easiest if there aren't any wrong answers in them ^^

Fromaginator
01-23-2010, 11:04 PM
I played it for the first time last night (since achievements) and I've gotten all the achievements except 100 right and 500 total, I would say for the 6 correct just play with a few other people and talk about the answer before they come up.

L0rd Tuck3r
01-28-2010, 02:53 PM
My girlfriend was playing Live version last night and got this for me while I was doing homework. Live seems to have the easiest questions at the beginning, try there. I just need to answer 500 now, I have around 312 answered I think.
Live does have the easiest questions in the beginning. The trick is that The One tends not to last 6 questions.

noobie2games
01-31-2010, 06:53 AM
Yeah that really sucks that, that happened to you. I've seen incorrect answers being right also. 6 instant answers in a row is defiantly the hardest achievement for this game also. I personally just got the 12 questions in a row today and I thought that was hard also. I got 11 in a row probably over 1/2 dozen times, but today finally 12.