PDA

View Full Version : Razer Onza: Customizable 360 controller

Ackis
01-08-2010, 11:12 PM
As a PC gamer, I've heard of Razer, know they make excellent products, etc. But I don't think they've done anything for consoles before.

That's why I was excited when I saw this post today:

http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/01/08/razer-reinvents-the-360-controller-with-the-onza/

First, they changed up the buttons, and replaced them with their own high quality and tactile style. Then they added a programmable multi-function button on the back, that can be mapped to any of the action buttons, allowing you to set it up as an auto-fire using a selector on the bottom of the controller. The most exciting feature (at least to me, I love to snipe in Halo 3) is the inclusion of a tension control for the analog stick.

Official site is here:

http://www.razerzone.com/thenextchapter/

davhth4
01-08-2010, 11:30 PM
I dont like how the shape looks like and I think it would feel different. I like the D-pad layout but it looks like the entire shape is a tiny bit of the controller.

Also why not do it in wireless? Wired only.... :|

$50 for a wired controller.... Even with programmable multi-function buttons I just wouldnt want a wired controller.

Genesis x360a
01-08-2010, 11:34 PM
Looks good but its wired and i hate using wired pads now, I do know they cant make it wireless because MS wont allow 3rd party controllers to be wireless, Also the analog sticks look to long and thin imo. I like pattern on it though :p

balance13
01-08-2010, 11:36 PM
i looked on the website all i see is mice and keyboards?

davhth4
01-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Follow the exact link its the next chapter bit. There nto for sale yet I dont think. All we have is a press release for now.

Wii187
01-09-2010, 12:12 AM
Looks good but its wired and i hate using wired pads now, I do know they cant make it wireless because MS wont allow 3rd party controllers to be wireless, Also the analog sticks look to long and thin imo. I like pattern on it though :p

Ahhh, explains what happened to the 360's version of the Nyko Zero.

The D-pad looks sweet, but I'm in agreement with it needing to be wireless.

Gackt
01-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Looks fantastic. I prefer wired over wireless myself.

A ZombieTwinkie
01-09-2010, 12:30 AM
A buddy of mine showed me this earlier. I thought it was pretty cool until I read it was wired. I do agree that a $50 wired controller, even with programmable buttons it a bit steep.

And my friend mentioned, since Microsoft wont allow Third Party Controllers to be wireless. Why not go infrared? The PS2 controllers that were like that were pretty good. And Turtle Beaches are infrared, I wouldn't see too much of a problem.

Ben Sharpe
01-09-2010, 02:13 AM
A buddy of mine showed me this earlier. I thought it was pretty cool until I read it was wired. I do agree that a $50 wired controller, even with programmable buttons it a bit steep.

And my friend mentioned, since Microsoft wont allow Third Party Controllers to be wireless. Why not go infrared? The PS2 controllers that were like that were pretty good. And Turtle Beaches are infrared, I wouldn't see too much of a problem.

Infa-red would be horrible, if you had something blocking between you and the console it wouldn't work properly (occasionally at all), have you used the official 360 media remote? because it is incredibly tempermental. Thats even before looking at the problem that it wouldn't be recognised as a controller with the current set-up.

Do you seriously think if it was a possibility then someone wouldn't have released it already.

Indyy xXx
01-09-2010, 02:24 AM
i have a Razer mouse its awesome :p when will this stuff be released? this stuff looks amazing!

VladimirK
01-09-2010, 05:55 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2680826#post2680826

Beaten by a few hours :p

But like I was saying on that one, I'll definitely get that when I can.

ApochWeiss
01-09-2010, 06:01 AM
Definitely looks nice. I am in the market for a new controller, especially since I wound up breaking my better one in a fit of rage and hurts to hold now haha. We'll see how it goes, but yeah, I'd prefer a wireless over wired. Hopefully they come up with that at some point.

PerpetualHeaven
01-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Who cares if it's wired or not if the quality is substantially better? You would be paying a lot because of the improvements made to the control. That's where you see the price increase. Regardless, I'm definitely buying one. Razer makes amazing products. They wouldn't venture into making a 360 controller if they knew they wouldn't make it much better.

ApochWeiss
01-09-2010, 06:40 AM
Who cares if it's wired or not if the quality is substantially better? You would be paying a lot because of the improvements made to the control. That's where you see the price increase. Regardless, I'm definitely buying one. Razer makes amazing products. They wouldn't venture into making a 360 controller if they knew they wouldn't make it much better.

Well I have other bills to pay anyhow so I'm holding off. Maybe they'll have wireless by then :p

garyofdoom
01-09-2010, 08:05 AM
looks cool but the cost is gonna be ridiculous I'm guessing

specVjavi
01-09-2010, 08:07 AM
Im definitely interested in purchasing this. All my controllers are wireless at the moment, but i wouldnt mind having a wired one and saving on batteries.

CaptainSpanner
01-09-2010, 02:14 PM
That controller looks good. The D-Pad looks good for fighting games... Might look more into this one...

xxJUSTINxx
01-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Wired > Wireless
But thats just my opinion. Wired is a lot less heaver in the hands, and as long as it has a long cord it should do perfectly fine. Oh and no cheaply made Microsoft parts.

PerpetualHeaven
01-09-2010, 03:53 PM
Well I have other bills to pay anyhow so I'm holding off. Maybe they'll have wireless by then :p

You dream to big. :p I don't think any company (other than Activision) would want to pay a massive sum for wireless 3rd party accessories.

radar616
01-09-2010, 10:07 PM
Would this work on a PC?

Q ipoddy Q
01-09-2010, 10:50 PM
I like the style and look of it but modded controllers is just sad.

tarekegypt
01-09-2010, 11:03 PM
wired - weird!

ITD Soldierboy
01-11-2010, 03:14 AM
I have a Razer Lycosa keyboard and couldn't be happier. I'm glad Razer is moving into the xbox 360 accessories market. They make great products, and this one doesn't look to change that. It'll probably definitely be worth the $50.00 and is a great investment for any xbox users.

radar616
01-11-2010, 04:42 AM
http://tv.hexus.net//show/2010/01/CES_2010_-_Razer_Onza_Professional_Gaming_Controller/

PerpetualHeaven
01-11-2010, 01:31 PM
http://tv.hexus.net//show/2010/01/CES_2010_-_Razer_Onza_Professional_Gaming_Controller/

*orgasm* Oh man. I am definitely, 100% buying one.

VladimirK
01-11-2010, 01:51 PM
*orgasm* Oh man. I am definitely, 100% buying one.

Haha, agreed.
Seriously can't argue with it when it's gonna be about $50. :)

But I'm gonna wait and hear what folk have to say about the headset.
Would really like to get a gaming headset at one point in the quite near future so I'll hold back on getting Turtle Beaches for now and would pay the extra for them if people say they are good.

bapae
01-11-2010, 06:21 PM
does anyone know when these are going to be for sale i really want one. im tired of borrowing my friend controller cause my old one is junk now.

SKIBADABOMSKI
01-12-2010, 03:00 AM
All i know is when these babies are released am having 2 controllers together with the headset. Don't care how much it cost.

I think the delay is making sure they have enough to ship out on release day. As the customers are going to be spread world wide with tongues hanging out, it's going to be bigger than anything else they have done.

*leaves thread drooling*

AltruismIsDead
01-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Wasn't quite sure about this when I first stumbled across this thread, I really wanted a controller that had a better D-pad (picked up a couple Street Fighter 4 D-pad controllers, while slightly better than the 360 D-pad, not by an huge amount)

Looking at the pictures it seemed *alright* nothing too fantastic, but the video really sold it for me. I don't mind that it's not wireless, I sit at a comfortable range to be able to use both with ease. But I really thought the tightening of the analog sticks was pretty slick, and if the D-pad is substantially better then the 360 controller I'll be picking one up for sure. Not to mention how it sounds like they improved the regular buttons. Not a huge fan of the 3 shoulder buttons on each side, but I'll have to give that a try and hopefully it'll feel just as fluid as a regular controller.

dakisbac
01-12-2010, 03:32 AM
I just spent basically the price of a game on the Hori controller. Although this one does look sick (I especially like them making the guide button the Xbox logo) I'll probably pass on this unless my main controller gets fucked up. Wired controllers FTW

TQM
01-13-2010, 01:06 AM
It is wired to be tournament grade and lag-free. This controller is the sweetness.

Additional info:

. You can tighten the control sticks for more tension (for say racing games) or loosen it (for free range of motion in like FPS games) by turning the top of them, although I prefer mine with a bit more tension like back in the original xbox controller.

. There is a second bumper under the original ones that can be adjusted from the underside of the controller for whatever button you prefer. I would set mine for the left being left trigger (grenades) and right being right trigger (Shooting) adding a more instantaneous feel to the reactions of each instead of the original triggers.

. The buttons they made "hyper-responsive" that give a distinct click when pressed for a more tactile feel to them. This is an awesome bonus.

. The controller has green LEDs to make it easier to see while gaming at night.

In my opinion, this controller is amazing and will be high-grade due to the excellent quality they put into their PC gaming hardware. It would also be cool if they eliminated the "No-slow" problem in the original wired controllers made by Microsoft, but I guess I'll have to wait and see when I finally purchase my own from Razer.

Peace, Tom.