PDA

View Full Version : Its not Illegal to mod your controller is it?

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Its not Illegal to mod your controller is it?
But you breach Terms and Conditions if you install a mod chip for rapid fire etc. and can be kicked from xbox live.

am i right??

cheers

ghosty2478
01-09-2010, 12:32 AM
i changed the leds in my controller and the thumbsticks in my controller and the case, fans and lights inside my xbox and been on xbox live for almost a year since as long as you dont make it rapid fire or make the console so it will play pirated games youll be fine, take a look at my machine, its the one in that picture <-

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 12:40 AM
that is quite cool :) i cant mod my xbox itself because i still have it under warranty
but my controller is the white one with PS2 thumbsticks, black D pad, red back/start buttons, black lb/rb pannel with red sync and black under pannel. (and the black venom playcharge battry which is said to last 18 hours but it lasts more like 6. typical. lol)
i modded a controller just to see how it would be (and the fact that I like tampering with things) i bought it from ebay and the buyer said it was perfect for MW2, works the best. well. it worked. but i can fire faster than it lol
i dont use it because the last thing i want is to be kicked from xbl.
its under my bed, as a test controller for adding led's etc lol

Creech
01-09-2010, 12:45 AM
But you breach Terms and Conditions if you install a mod chip for rapid fire etc. and can be kicked from xbox live.

am i right??

cheers

No, it is not illegal. It is a violation of the T&C and/or COC if you modify the triggers or bumpers in such a way that it impacts play. Installing LEDs is fine.

i changed the leds in my controller and the thumbsticks in my controller and the case, fans and lights inside my xbox and been on xbox live for almost a year since as long as you dont make it rapid fire or make the console so it will play pirated games youll be fine, take a look at my machine, its the one in that picture <-

Any type of modification that involves opening the case can lead to a permanent ban of your console.

Wii187
01-09-2010, 12:49 AM
i modded a controller just to see how it would be (and the fact that I like tampering with things) i bought it from ebay and the buyer said it was perfect for MW2, works the best. well. it worked. but i can fire faster than it lol
i dont use it because the last thing i want is to be kicked from xbl.
its under my bed, as a test controller for adding led's etc lol

Microsoft may not be able to detect it, but you still might get banned if enough people report you for using it to give yourself an unfair advantage over other players in a multiplayer game like MW2.

Just don't do it.

pinksheets
01-09-2010, 12:50 AM
It's not even illegal to mod your console, what's illegal is the copyright violations that typically follow.

Genesis x360a
01-09-2010, 12:51 AM

am i right??

cheers

You cant be kicked from XBL for a having a Rapid fire controller, There's no way to tell if you have a modded pad, So how can they ban you, Its agianst the T&C's but they cant find out. Modding your console Ie, Flashing it/Chipping it will get you banned but they cant ban if you do Case mods/Leds etc because again how will they know. So if your getting a Rapid fire you'll be fine, Also i highly doubt that you will be banned from people reporting your tag, My brother in law has been using a Rapid fire on Cod4 - WaW and MW2 and he hasn't been banned once.

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 12:53 AM
Microsoft may not be able to detect it, but you still might get banned if enough people report you for using it to give yourself an unfair advantage over other players in a multiplayer game like MW2.

oh PLENTY of people have reported me and shouted at me for 'modding'
I naturally have a fast finger, not amazingly fast though.
my argument would be though, mods fire consistantly. (for example, 1shot per 0.1 second)
anybody elses fingers, nomatter how fast they go would have inconsistencys in firing. (one could be 0.1 seconds. the other maybe as little as 0.15 for a differenct)
do you know what I mean?
i do not use rapid fire and i get extremley angry when i see people running around with mods. i report everybody who is using one and it is up to Microsoft to decide as to wether they are modding or not.

i know ive been reported many times, i do see it sa unfair though because my friend got banned and he never ever modded :/

You cant be kicked from XBL for a having a Rapid fire controller, There's no way to tell if you have a modded pad, So how can they ban you, Its agianst the T&C's but they cant find out. Modding your console Ie, Flashing it/Chipping it will ge you banned but they cant ban if you do Case mods/Leds etc because how will they know. So if your getting a Rapid fire you'll be fine.

ild rather hear that from more than one person, if you know what I mean. everybody I see who has a mod controller I report because its darn right annoying because they usually use them to spray or to a very unfair advantage

although I would love to have one i am very cautious :/

GUNSANDBUTTA
01-09-2010, 12:58 AM
I don't think so a couple of my homies have some controllers that make them shoot faster. They have had them for around a year now and they haven't had no problems

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 01:00 AM
hmmm... well my mate had the UFO hack for Cod 4 so maybe that was why he got blocked :/

ill do my revision on controller mod chips
i was going to make a good one and sell it but i might keep it if its ok lol

Genesis x360a
01-09-2010, 01:02 AM
ild rather hear that from more than one person, if you know what I mean. everybody I see who has a mod controller I report because its darn right annoying because they usually use them to spray or to a very unfair advantage

Again i get where your coming from but the people you report could be legit, I have a friend on XBL and his trigger finger is as fast as the Cod4 rapid fire, Im assuming you know that the ones that are used for WaW and MW2 are alot slower than the Cod4 Rapid fire, Yet he gets accused for having a Rapid fire (Yes ive seen his pads and played at his home and he has no RF :P) So again i fail to see where MS has the upper hand on banning people, Ive never heard of anyone being banned for using a Rapid fire in my 2 years of playing Cod and Halo.

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 01:05 AM
yes, i am very cautious as to wether i report people because i have quite a rapid finger too. maybe ill stop reporting people as its not 'an offence' usually though, some mods fire one bullet, and then start firing rapid. rather than immidiately rapid.
lol
aparently Bungie to ban you from Halo for using a pad. ive heard rumors that they kick you from the game itself and give you a ban. im cautious of halo because i got banned for boosting achievements - i wasnt even flippin boosting and everybody else in my game who were my friends, none of them got banned!!! i had a two week ban from gaining xp.
that was what stopped me from playing halo3. lost all my faith in bungie because i got accuesed once too many times of using a mod controller :/

Thehefferkiller
01-09-2010, 01:44 AM
No, it is not illegal. It is a violation of the T&C and/or COC if you modify the triggers or bumpers in such a way that it impacts play. Installing LEDs is fine.

Any type of modification that involves opening the case can lead to a permanent ban of your console.

i'd just like to state that is a lie, it just voids the warranty, some peoples ignorance....

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 01:47 AM
oh i know it voids warrenty, my friend swapped his black controller round with his white controller and had to send them off not realising that the controllers had to go too... thank goodness i took the barcodes off without damaging them for him lol

so it voides warrenty, but leds and a rapid controller cant get you banned??

davhth4
01-09-2010, 02:00 AM
If you go about on forums saying you mod your case or your controller and the forum name is linked to your gamertag and people report you with links to you talking about it I guess it could lead to a ban.

Also why do people want to cheat? Modding a controller to do those things are cheating. Just admit you are shit as a game okay. Give up and stop crying into your moms chest. Just play by the rules and use a normal controller.

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 02:05 AM
well if you would have read pretty much all of my posts on this thread I express my dislike for people who use mods. i do not like it and i report people. i expressed the face that i would like to have one but i dont want to because i may get banned.
i have made one but do not use it, i can fire faster than it anyway.
so yes. i can play the game. and i do play by the rules.

your point about saying that i have a mod and people may link it to my tag and report. well. thats their choice but i do not use a mod. i have just changed the buttons to make it 'look snazzy' ......

Keano
01-09-2010, 03:05 AM
[/B]
i'd just like to state that is a lie, it just voids the warranty, some peoples ignorance....

Oh the irony... When you call someone ignorant you really should have researched it to back up your point. Microsoft won't ban you if you open it up but that's just because they have no way to find out, the T&C's state that you can be banned for tampering with he console. However, if you actually do something to the console, such as replacing the disk drive etc. they have ways to find out and it's possible to get banned.

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 03:07 AM
Oh the irony... When you call someone ignorant you really should have researched it to back up your point. Microsoft won't ban you if you open it up but that's just because they have no way to find out, the T&C's state that you can be banned for tampering with he console. However, if you actually do something to the console, such as replacing the disk drive etc. they have ways to find out and it's possible to get banned.

so does console inclued controller?
i still have my xbox under warranty so im not doing anything to it but my controllers - there is no way for them to find out apart for this thread, but as i dont have a chip for all they know i could be describing a picture i found from ebay.
do you know what i mean.

davhth4
01-09-2010, 02:38 PM
well if you would have read pretty much all of my posts on this thread I express my dislike for people who use mods. i do not like it and i report people. i expressed the face that i would like to have one but i dont want to because i may get banned.
i have made one but do not use it, i can fire faster than it anyway.
so yes. i can play the game. and i do play by the rules.

your point about saying that i have a mod and people may link it to my tag and report. well. thats their choice but i do not use a mod. i have just changed the buttons to make it 'look snazzy' ......

I was kind of just making a statement about people in general who hack there controllers to like have buttons on it that make it do special things to save them hitting a few buttons or rapid fire. Didnt mean for you to take offense and think I meant just you.

bapae
01-09-2010, 03:05 PM
You cant be kicked from XBL for a having a Rapid fire controller, There's no way to tell if you have a modded pad, So how can they ban you, Its agianst the T&C's but they cant find out. Modding your console Ie, Flashing it/Chipping it will get you banned but they cant ban if you do Case mods/Leds etc because again how will they know. So if your getting a Rapid fire you'll be fine, Also i highly doubt that you will be banned from people reporting your tag, My brother in law has been using a Rapid fire on Cod4 - WaW and MW2 and he hasn't been banned once. Yea i would have been banned by now because i can shoot some of the guns is CoD 4 WaW and Mw2 as fast as a modded controller without actually using one

MachineZed
01-09-2010, 03:34 PM
oh PLENTY of people have reported me and shouted at me for 'modding'
I naturally have a fast finger, not amazingly fast though.
my argument would be though, mods fire consistantly. (for example, 1shot per 0.1 second)
anybody elses fingers, nomatter how fast they go would have inconsistencys in firing. (one could be 0.1 seconds. the other maybe as little as 0.15 for a differenct)
do you know what I mean?
i do not use rapid fire and i get extremley angry when i see people running around with mods. i report everybody who is using one and it is up to Microsoft to decide as to wether they are modding or not.

i know ive been reported many times, i do see it sa unfair though because my friend got banned and he never ever modded :/

If you think it is unfair and you don't want want to be banned. Then the answer is simple don't use it. You claim to have reported other people you suspect to using modded controllers and claim to have been reported yourself.

If you use it your are worse than the people you think may have. Don't use it.

dakisbac
01-09-2010, 03:40 PM
Opening up the controller, like opening the 360, just voids the warranty. What will get you banned from Live is if you're using a modded console to cheat, or you're using your rapid fire controller in a general Xbox Live match. Using these things in private matches are OK as far as I'm aware.

specVjavi
01-09-2010, 03:50 PM
People with modded controllers are extremely annoying.

And no, it is not illegal, because youre not breaking any laws. But it might go against Microsofts Terms and Conditions, or Code of Conduct.

Cable Player
01-09-2010, 07:27 PM
I was kind of just making a statement about people in general who hack there controllers to like have buttons on it that make it do special things to save them hitting a few buttons or rapid fire. Didnt mean for you to take offense and think I meant just you.

ok sorry, i must have read it slightly different :)