PDA

View Full Version : Final chest location help please.

NarcNarc
01-09-2010, 06:09 AM
Can someone tell the strategy they used to find all life and wrath shards? I feel like I have scoured every part of the map. I ran the whole map including the temples without using a single serpent hole, and I didn't come up with anything. I currently need 1 life shard and 3 wrath shards. I have the life shard in the black throne the one on top in the beam room. I don't know what I am doing wrong :(. When you guys talk about the chests in the serpent holes does that mean like right when you warp into the hole you can see the treasure on your map? Any help would be appreciated... I'm usually good at collectables but these are driving me mad.

brkensilens
01-09-2010, 06:23 AM
there is 2 wrath shards and 1 life shard in the worm holes

dry road serpent hole

twilight cathedral

anvils ford

one you need to use the grapple chain, one is with the shadow mask and the other is just behind you when you spawn in

NarcNarc
01-09-2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks and the chests do show up on the map from Fury's Embrace correct?

EDIT: So if you get these 3 does that mean all other shards are in the "temples"? (apart from the ones vulgrim gives you)

B4DKARM4
01-09-2010, 08:57 AM
I basically made sure I had furys embrace, I started at crossroads and started going to a far part of the world map. I made sure I was constantly checking the map for chest locations. I was pulling the map up without fail at least every 4 min or anytime I saw the minimap on screen change.

I was surprised at some of the more obvious chests I missed, like the one underwater in the library.

Gl man :(

NarcNarc
01-09-2010, 09:21 AM
You are talking about the area not far from the crossroads right? I think I've gotten that one. This is so frustrating I traversed the entire map again. I picked up 1 wrath shard, so that leaves me with 1 life and 2 wrath. I feel like I'm missing some area that has all of these because I have covered everything thoroughly. Are there any chests, besides the one in the north tower in the black throne, that don't show up on Fury's Embrace immediately?

B4DKARM4
01-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Are there any chests, besides the one in the north tower in the black throne, that don't show up on Fury's Embrace immediately?

If you go into a level, let's say it's the ground floor. If you pull up the map for that area and don't see any chests and just leave it at that you might be missing chests. You NEED to cycle through all the subfloors cause if a chest is on a level above or below your current location it will not show on the map.

Cycle through all the floors. Wish I could help more.

olcsi2
01-09-2010, 10:19 AM
have you checked The Hollows? I completely forgot about the area by the end of the game.. Now I also only miss a life shard and have two possible chests for it that I cannot figure out how to open.. :)

NarcNarc
01-09-2010, 04:01 PM
Ok, I just want to make sure I have all serpent hole chests. I have checked and re-checked the locations you have mentioned. By the serpent hole location do you mean when I warp there and press my map button the chests will be visible on the map? I didn't have the one in the dry roads, and I have a feeling I'm missing the other ones because I never remember having to use my shadow mask to unlock one. Why isn't drowned pass on the list either? Thanks for anyones help... goin crazy!!

Mr Magic
01-09-2010, 06:57 PM
Im also missing one Lifestone Shard to complete my ten. I already turned in the Artifacts and found the one in the Serpent Holes but im still one short. I have no clue where it is and the only chest I have found is the secret one in Drowned Pass.

S1N1ST3R II X17
01-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Im also missing one Lifestone Shard to complete my ten. I already turned in the Artifacts and found the one in the Serpent Holes but im still one short. I have no clue where it is and the only chest I have found is the secret one in Drowned Pass.
Does the secret one you're talking about in Drowned Pass show up on the map where the Sword piece was? I got the Sword piece but can't figure out how to get the chest! Help a brotha out!!

Mr Magic
01-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Found as in I see it on the map, not as in I obained it.

Edit: I found my last one, it was in the Black Throne.

NarcNarc
01-09-2010, 07:54 PM
If you find yours, please let us know. 1 life 2 wrath shards left. Magic do you know about the life shard in the north tower in the black throne that doesn't show up until you're in the room? I'm sure you do because thats all I see anymore about people finding their last shard. I am completely out of ideas for mine though... I can't believe I have THREE chests left... I have covered the ENTIRE map twice over. There has to be some fundamental spot I'm overlooking. I even used the list of the areas that have the chests, but still no dice... The search continues!

S1N1ST3R II X17
01-09-2010, 08:12 PM
Edit: My mistake. . .

NarcNarc
01-09-2010, 08:29 PM
Uh, Sinister? I read your post and would have answered had Magic not answered you first. Why don't you read the posts before complaining. He said he had FOUND it not OBTAINED it... NO ONE knows how to get to that chest or if it even exists because it's not in the strategy guide.

s0m3th1ng
01-10-2010, 12:10 AM
hey i also need 1-2 life shards and and a few more wrath shards..but im wondering if one is in a chest in the crossroads. There seems to be some invisible chest that i cant open and i have checked above it and tried to get underneath and i still cant find it..help would be appreciated

NarcNarc
01-10-2010, 01:00 AM
That one is non-essential (I believe I got souls from the chest) but to unlock that one you must destroy all of the fire hydrants in the area. the choking grounds chest is, however, necessary as it gives you a life shard. To get the choking grounds chest just destroy all the tombstones in the area and it will appear.

Post if you find your othere shards please... I've been searching all day for my last 3 shards and haven't found a single one yet... bout to just give up.

s0m3th1ng
01-10-2010, 01:40 AM
dont give up.. make sure you have all the chests in the serpent holes. if i were you just run through with the mask of shadows on. in one the mask of shadows will reveal those flight things and another it will reveal grapple points with a life shard and wrath shard respectively and thanks for the post ;) i will probs go and get those chests soon

SFViper83
01-10-2010, 07:09 AM
How do you get the one in the serpent hole on the way to Twilight Cathedral?... I see the shadowflight orbs when I put the mask on, but how do you get to it?

s0m3th1ng
01-10-2010, 08:42 AM
you have to go right to the end of the serpent hole...when your nearing the exit portal there should be a flight orb right in front of you (note that you can only see it with the shadow mask on)..............currently only need 2 wrath shards before i have them all :)

s0m3th1ng
01-10-2010, 08:49 AM
just remembered a wrath shard location you guys might not have got...take the serpent hole to the dry road and start heading towards the ashlands...you will come to a room with a cable running accross right in front of you with 3 tentacle monster above it..look directly up to the right a bit and there will be a grapple point...get up there and there is a wrath shard.

SFViper83
01-10-2010, 08:05 PM
you have to go right to the end of the serpent hole...when your nearing the exit portal there should be a flight orb right in front of you (note that you can only see it with the shadow mask on)..............currently only need 2 wrath shards before i have them all :)

I see the last orb, but I can't figure out where to go from it, I can't reach anything... Or I'm just blind, which is quite possible lol

*EDIT* Nevermind, I am completely blind, didn't see the ledge straight across lol... Thanks.

NarcNarc
01-10-2010, 11:21 PM
I'm confused when we talk about serpent holes. Are you talking about the literal location of Vulgrim or the area the serpent hole is in? I am using fury's embrace to find the chests, but I don't see a chest in the area we are talking about. BUT I also don't see any flight orbs with my mask of shadows on, so I am really confused at the moment. Any help? Thanks.

SFViper83
01-10-2010, 11:24 PM
You go to Vulgrim from any location, and use a serpent hole to travel to either Anvil's Ford, Twilight Cathedral, or Dry Road, the chests are in these holes.

s0m3th1ng
01-10-2010, 11:52 PM
yea, you have to actually go inside the serpent hole. to the wierd place with all the floating pillars and the bridges that come out of no where.

And you have all the artifacts right?

GLiTcH
01-11-2010, 12:38 AM
there is 2 wrath shards and 1 life shard in the worm holes

dry road serpent hole

twilight cathedral

anvils ford

one you need to use the grapple chain, one is with the shadow mask and the other is just behind you when you spawn in

those r the ones i needed:woop:

II OE II
01-11-2010, 01:03 AM
im actually having difficulty finding my last life shard. i believe i have looked through all the zones and gotten all the chests (aside from one in the tower that i know is not a life shard) and that glitched one in drowned pass. ill have another look at the guide to see if i didnt look hard enough somewhere. also, if anyone has any ideas lemme know please.

NarcNarc
01-11-2010, 01:11 AM
yea, you have to actually go inside the serpent hole. to the wierd place with all the floating pillars and the bridges that come out of no where.

And you have all the artifacts right? NO WAY!!!! LOL!!!! I had no clue what everyone meant by serpent hole. Thank you for finally putting it in words!! I am off to go get my shards thank you, something!!

Sinfulfate
01-11-2010, 02:06 AM
im actually having difficulty finding my last life shard. i believe i have looked through all the zones and gotten all the chests (aside from one in the tower that i know is not a life shard) and that glitched one in drowned pass. ill have another look at the guide to see if i didnt look hard enough somewhere. also, if anyone has any ideas lemme know please.

The three most commonly missed Life shards seem to be the one in the Black throne, the one in the serpent hole, and the one in the Crossroads. The black throne one is located on the second floor I believe and a picture of the area can be found at http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/darksiders/34427-help-chest.html. The serpent hole chests are located between Anvil Ford, Twilight cathedral and Dry road, one of those is a life shard. And the Crossroads shard is actually in the library not the crossroads area you can wrap too.

s0m3th1ng
01-11-2010, 02:43 AM
NO WAY!!!! LOL!!!! I had no clue what everyone meant by serpent hole. Thank you for finally putting it in words!! I am off to go get my shards thank you, something!!

Lol...no problem. Hopefully you finally get all your shards

s0m3th1ng
01-11-2010, 04:30 AM
wow it took me about 10 minutes of searching to find my last 2 wrath shards. i just ran from scalding gallow to anvils ford and found them both :D