PDA

View Full Version : Connecting xbox to a surround sound? Help?

Hobo Sniper
01-09-2010, 11:15 AM
I have an elite, before i was able to with my pro console (before it died) to connect with a component cable to the tv and then the audio wires to the home theatre system, everything was fine. Now with the elite it has a HDMI port so i connected that to the tv but, how am i meant to connect to the home theatre system seperatly, i tried to insert the omponent cable aswell but it does not fit while the HDMI cable is inserted, anyone got any suggestions?

danjohnson58
01-09-2010, 01:11 PM
if you bought an elite a while ago, before they removed the hdmi cable from the pack etc, there is a stand alone part (Optical/RCA Audio adapter included) that goes into where the component went, this has your white and red sockets.

the kit is available to buy too at places such as play.com

http://www.play.com/Games/Xbox360/4-/12361467/Official-Xbox-360-HDMI-AV-Cable/Product.html

the part in there ^

hoddans
01-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Does your TV have a connection on the back to output sound to your receiver? If it does, just connect the required cables to an auido-only port.

CaptainSpanner
01-09-2010, 02:12 PM
Dont you get the audio cable with the HDMI cable in the pack? Because then its just a case of plugging the cable into an audio port then the home theatre system...

Hobo Sniper
01-09-2010, 02:15 PM
it was a GAMEware HDMI cable, connects from back of xbox to back of tv simple, but i dont want sound from tv.
Yeh the elite did not come with that cable you were describing :L, suppose ill just buy one, thanks.

rf0t0
01-09-2010, 03:07 PM
What sound system do you have?

bapae
01-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Does your surround sound system have an HDMI in and a HDMI out because if it does it you need to connect your xbox to the HDMI in then connect an HDMI cord from the HDMI out to your tv

Kamakazi Pear
01-09-2010, 11:36 PM
I bought the Microsoft Branded HDMI cable, that came with that Surround Sound bit, but I lost the Surround Sound part.
So I just plug my surround sound into the headset port at the back of my tv, and it works fine. ^.^