PDA

View Full Version : Quick "Deal of the Week" question

Tidus755
01-09-2010, 11:04 PM
Hey guys

I know that deals of the week start on Monday and end on the next monday, but at exactly what time does it reset?

It's probably the midnight between Sunday and Monday, but at what time zone?

Thanks

specVjavi
01-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Most likely Pacific, since Microsoft is based out of Seattle, WA. But im just assuming.

Iregore
01-10-2010, 12:20 AM
When they first did the Deal of the Week promotion it was 09:00 Seattle Time (source (http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/12/01/xbox-live-marketplace-holiday-deal-of-the-week.aspx)). However, since they started it as an ongoing promotion last February, the time is no longer the same, it appears to be maybe two hours earlier, but also seems to vary slightly as well. I do not think it is a set time anymore, they probably have a time they aim for though.

Tidus755
01-10-2010, 03:58 AM
When they first did the Deal of the Week promotion it was 09:00 Seattle Time (source (http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/12/01/xbox-live-marketplace-holiday-deal-of-the-week.aspx)). However, since they started it as an ongoing promotion last February, the time is no longer the same, it appears to be maybe two hours earlier, but also seems to vary slightly as well. I do not think it is a set time anymore, they probably have a time they aim for though.

Alright.

Cause I want this week's deal (Kingdom for Keflings) and I'll be able to purchase MSP in stores tomorrow afternoon... I just wanted to know if I would be OK or if it was going to be too much of a close call.

qu1ck2sh00t
01-10-2010, 04:05 AM
When the Christmas holiday deals were going on I was waiting for M$ to change them and they didn't change them until 5am Pacific time. I always got up early or stayed up late just to find out that 3 hours later they will change and not at midnight.

Q ipoddy Q
01-10-2010, 04:59 PM
You can buy MS points on the official xbox website so if it ever comes to you can't reach a store theres always online

Tidus755
01-10-2010, 05:32 PM
You can buy MS points on the official xbox website so if it ever comes to you can't reach a store theres always online

Does the credit card information gets registered on your account? I don't like when they register credit card information on websites. I prefer to use Paypal, as the information is only kept on 1 website rather than many :/

It's not that I don't trust Micro$oft... (well, maybe a little, but that's not the point)

Unmasked Bandit
01-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Does the credit card information gets registered on your account? I don't like when they register credit card information on websites. I prefer to use Paypal, as the information is only kept on 1 website rather than many :/

It's not that I don't trust Micro... (well, maybe a little, but that's not the point)
The credit card will be tied to your account, but you can remove it as long as a gold membership is not tied to it.