PDA

View Full Version : Good Headsets for Reasonable Prices?...

Kamakazi Pear
01-10-2010, 12:25 AM
Sorry if there are already threads like this, I searched "Headset" and a few other words in the search feature and no results came back...

Anyway, my 7th MS Official Headset broke a few days ago, so I've decided to give up on them...

So I'm now looking for a decent headset to buy, for 40-70...
I know about the Turtle Beach X1s, but I'm just wondering if there are any other headsets around the 40-70 price range which people have had positive results with that I haven't heard of?
I want a headset that gives clear voice communications, preferably plays Ingame Audio, and are long lasting and reliable.
Links with posts would also be appreciated.

Thanks a bunch. :)

Tussell
01-10-2010, 12:38 AM
All headsets are truly rip-offs. It's quite depressing to be honest.

Kamakazi Pear
01-10-2010, 12:40 AM
:p Pretty much. But I figure if I spend a bit more money on a decent headset, rather than splashing out 15 every month or two on an MS brand headset, it'd make a lot more sense.

bapae
01-10-2010, 02:47 AM
:p Pretty much. But I figure if I spend a bit more money on a decent headset, rather than splashing out 15 every month or two on an MS brand headset, it'd make a lot more sense. every month or 2 what the hell do you do with yours mine last like 6 months to a year and i use it everyday

Smashing Impacts
01-10-2010, 02:51 AM
You mentioned Turtle Beach - there is currently a Turtle Beach headset in GAME that is 44.99 (I think!) and it looks like it is on special offer so it might be worthwhile buying it.

Kamakazi Pear
01-10-2010, 03:11 AM
every month or 2 what the hell do you do with yours mine last like 6 months to a year and i use it everyday

I just use them lol...
Some last 2 weeks, some last 4 months... They just end up cutting out completely and crackling and crap. >.<

Royle
01-10-2010, 11:07 AM
I have heard good things about Turtle Beach X3's cause they are 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround and they are wireless but I think they are like 150 but the X1 is still really good and they are around 75 I think. http://www.limexb360.co.uk/category/Xbox_360_Headphones,i.html here is a good site for headsets just have a browse around them and see what you think

PerpetualHeaven
01-10-2010, 11:55 AM
There's nothing better than Turtle Beach other than Tritton. Those are definitely the two best headsets on the market right now.

Cyburn360
01-10-2010, 12:02 PM
didnt know those headsets were easier to break down than the 360?

I was thinking of getting the Xbox Messenger Kit which has a headset included for 23 on amazon uk

TheDeadspace
01-10-2010, 12:46 PM
I just bought myself a set of X1's using my Christmas money, and i'm very pleased with them so far. I hadn't seen anything else in that sort of price bracket though, so I wasn't exactly spoiled for choice.

Kamakazi Pear
01-10-2010, 12:50 PM
I just bought myself a set of X1's using my Christmas money, and i'm very pleased with them so far. I hadn't seen anything else in that sort of price bracket though, so I wasn't exactly spoiled for choice.

Yeah, I was really considering the X1's. They seem great for the price. This thread was mainly to see if there were any other more low key headsets I hadn't heard of that were recommended. I will probably go with the X1's, but keep posting anyway guys. :)