PDA

View Full Version : Pre-RROD symptoms?

DuHsoccer
01-10-2010, 03:14 PM
Hello x360a, i've tried a search on the forums and was not sure where to post this, but here goes .

My xbox frequently freezes once in a while going into a MW2 match (ill enter the loading screen from pre-game lobby and the screen blinks and the map doesnt even load) meaning i have to go to the dashboard.

I turned on my xbox today, and the picture would be on the side.
There would be a black bar on the right side of the picture and as if it moved left and the left side of the picture is unviewable.
(ill get a picture if it happens again)

I restarted and it goes back to normal 16:9 and ill play mw2.

I'm scared to play for too long, what are pre-RROD symptoms? or maybe it's E74? Im total noobitoo.

Rowey 94
01-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Either disc problem, or your Xbox's Laser or maybe it's the GPU ? i'm not too sure

ravensfanyuya
01-10-2010, 03:32 PM
if u start to freeze or lag, if your mic stops working then u might get RRoD

R Rated Love
01-10-2010, 04:21 PM
Nausea, Heartburn, Indigestion, Upset Stomach, and Diarrhea.

balance13
01-10-2010, 08:46 PM

Yay peptobismol?

Anyhow I know my 360 would over heat alot. I thought one of the main reasons for RROD was melted wires or something inside

maskedme
01-10-2010, 09:05 PM

haha that made me lol

MisaaAmane
01-10-2010, 09:13 PM

LOL
but at least don't have to worry about THAT cause peptobismol :p

mmartynn
01-10-2010, 10:14 PM
thats probly your tv. however, the freazing on MW2 my be due to the condition of the disc. my mass effect is in mint condition, but unless its saved to my HDD i get graphic and freazing issued what caused my 360 to E74.

DuHsoccer
01-10-2010, 11:28 PM
thats probly your tv. however, the freazing on MW2 my be due to the condition of the disc. my mass effect is in mint condition, but unless its saved to my HDD i get graphic and freazing issued what caused my 360 to E74.

thank you for the tv thing,

hmm . at launch day my MW2 disc was scratched from the case, 3 maps wouldnt even load and cause the unreadable disc error so i exchanged it and the disc works fine . but maybee.

bapae
01-11-2010, 03:16 AM
thats probly your tv. however, the freazing on MW2 my be due to the condition of the disc. my mass effect is in mint condition, but unless its saved to my HDD i get graphic and freazing issued what caused my 360 to E74. Yea my friend cant get his BF:BC disk to work in his xbox but it works perfect in mine and my BF:BC works in his and mine... Kindda weird so we switched disks!

Spawn Man
01-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Sounds like it might be the beginnings of E74 - I had similar image problems. Of course the less you play now, the less likely it will fail, but it will always be there. So the best thing to do would be to play on it until it breaks and then send it in for a free repair.

mmartynn
01-11-2010, 10:30 PM
thank you for the tv thing,

hmm . at launch day my MW2 disc was scratched from the case, 3 maps wouldnt even load and cause the unreadable disc error so i exchanged it and the disc works fine . but maybee.

try going onto your tv menu and having a mess about, im using a HDMI cable and it works fine, tho when i used the jack pins it would never be quiet right, e.g sometimes about 2 inchs of the screen would disapear or id get a black letterbox boarder. so either try messing with the tv or change cable