PDA

View Full Version : achievements and trophies

Rum Master
01-10-2010, 03:53 PM
i was looking through ps3 trophies and found that this game has like 38
compared to the 12 achievements you get on here. i thought it was a
bit unfair it seems developers tend to give more merit to trophies than cheevos.
Theres been a few examples the one example in my head atm is Prince of
Persia. The 360 version got a generic picture spread across all its
cheevos but the trophies are all individual and it looks like more effort was taken.
im not to fussed or anything just found it rather odd. Does anyone know how
this is the case?

Eve x

Son of Kyuss
01-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Well Microsoft explicitly states that Arcade releases can only have a maximum of 12 achievements worth 200 (an additional 3 achievements amounting to 50 for DLC) while Sony, if they believe the title is a full-fledged game, will allow developers to add however many they like including a Platinum trophy.

ezekiel 08
01-10-2010, 09:52 PM
Well Microsoft explicitly states that Arcade releases can only have a maximum of 12 achievements worth 200 (an additional 3 achievements amounting to 50 for DLC) while Sony, if they believe the title is a full-fledged game, will allow developers to add however many they like including a Platinum trophy.

In other words, blame M$ and it's policy. I wish there were more achievements, this is a full game and really deserves more attention. I wonder how long it'll be before M$ made the arcade game cap 500gs...

Son of Kyuss
01-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Yeah, it's a shame how Microsoft's 200 gamerscore only for Arcade titles really hampers the experience. Games like Banjo-Kazooie/Tooie, Perfect Dark, Serious Sam HD, Call of Duty: Classic could easily have more achievements considering they are full-fledged games rather than the quick little Arcade titles on Live.

gameplayer
01-13-2010, 12:45 PM
Microsoft is basically shooting itself in the foot by restricting the number to 200. If they were allowed more achievement points I would be more likely to buy these games.

midnight1985
01-18-2010, 12:17 PM
Since when did buying games become just about achievements. You sound like you need to prove something to someone and no one really cares about your score, but you.