PDA

View Full Version : After recovering gamertag. offline achievements gone?

Lotto1215
01-10-2010, 04:02 PM
ok well i didnt have live for a while ( like around 4 or 5 months) in this time a played and beat a few games like forza 3, some sonic game, and ace combat 6 and CoD MW2

When i got live again for christmas i had to recover my GT to my xbox. and when it did it basically erased those acheivements and gamerscore. Now i still have the saved data on my HD. Ive searched around and the best answer i got was just to play a mission or play the game and hopefully it will recognize the data from the HD and bring the achievements back. I did that on forza and it brought most of the career acheivements back. I tried CoD mw2 and nothing happened, tried ace combat 6 and nothing happened.

Are these achievements gone forever? is there any hope?

Teh BeZ
01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Dude that sucks I always get worried when switching from live and offline :(

check this thread out see if theres any answers in there that could help..

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2154930

master_shake_350
01-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Are these achievements gone forever? is there any hope?

Unfortunalty dude they are gone for a while until you redo them!

RadiantViper
01-10-2010, 04:10 PM
I don't know a lot about this so correct me if I'm wrong ...

But it's basically because everytime you go online you 'upload' any achievements you got to Xbox.com. Because gamertag recovery pulls the data from online, those achievements were never uploaded in the first place so it never knows you had them (sorry if my terminalogy is incorrect). It makes sense, really. So you'll have to redo them.

PlasmicMuffins
01-10-2010, 04:14 PM
That is unfortunate. The only thing I can say is next time do not erase your profile from your hard drive, and when you are offline for a while, when you get online back sign into your profile before you attempt to recover it on any other Xbox 360 you may play on. This has happened to me before, but it was only one game and it didn't really matter, but I do believe they warn you about this when you attempt to recover an account. Sadly, there is little or no hope for you to get all of your achievements back. I think Call of Duty is all based online, because when I deleted my profile after I beat the game, including all of its items, when I recovered it the game was still beaten. That's probably why you aren't getting your achievements, because you got them offline and it didn't have a chance to save them online, but it miraculously saved your game because it wasn't online but it was still on the hard drive.. (I'm probably wrong, but it's a thought.) D:

Mister Buds
01-10-2010, 04:17 PM
I don't know a lot about this so correct me if I'm wrong ...

But it's basically because everytime you go online you 'upload' any achievements you got to Xbox.com. Because gamertag recovery pulls the data from online, those achievements were never uploaded in the first place so it never knows you had them (sorry if my terminalogy is incorrect). It makes sense, really. So you'll have to redo them.

this is completely correct.

Dude that sucks I always get worried when switching from live and offline :(

check this thread out see if theres any answers in there that could help..

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2154930

there's no reason to worry as long as you don't recover your gamertag before you reconnect to live or switch xboxes. i used to play offline all the time and never lost my achievements.

YoungWarrior111
01-10-2010, 04:19 PM
Were you logged into your XBL profile that was just being played offline? Because Im thinking if you had to recover it on the same console, it doesnt sound like you were, ie the achievements werent scored to your GT that you use online. I think if you were to play offline, but with your GT, the next time you logged in, Silver or Gold membership, it would log the achievements as said. But it does sound as if you have lost them, I'm afraid

davhth4
01-10-2010, 04:23 PM
I find it funny how people who play games offline then get achievements and then try to recover it online on another console. And they lose gamerscore. Its common sense. If it wasnt connected to even silver its obvious that microsoft didnt know your updated score.

Lotto1215
01-10-2010, 04:48 PM
yea thats what i thought :(

It wouldnt let me sign into my GT untill i recovered it tho so i guess there want really an option. oh well it was just around 2k or so gamerscore. looks like i gotta beat mw2 on veteran all over again (bitter sweet i guess haha)

thanks for all the help guys (and girls?)

YoungWarrior111
01-10-2010, 04:49 PM
I find it funny how people who play games offline then get achievements and then try to recover it online on another console. And they lose gamerscore. Its common sense. If it wasnt connected to even silver its obvious that microsoft didnt know your updated score.

Yea exactly, connecting even with Silver on the 1st console would work, as that registers the achievement. But this guy sounds as if he didnt switch consoles, so hes prob done it in another profile or something, I dont really understand his explanation fully, but I would say what you've suggested is most likely

davhth4
01-10-2010, 05:07 PM
I know its confusing because I dont see why he had to recover his gamertag at all.

|oneyedNewb|
01-10-2010, 05:22 PM
Unlucky Bro... You'll just have to re-do them.

Which Shucks!

Tidus755
01-10-2010, 05:46 PM
Unfortunalty dude they are gone for a while until you redo them!

I'll have to agree with master shake, unfortunately he is right.

RazerindemiX
01-10-2010, 08:23 PM
alwell mate if it makes any difference your not the first and wont be the last
when i first got 360 i was'nt uptodate on gamertags live etc..i played for about 9mths before i even connected up to live had about 2500 odd gs
and ofcourse once i created my live acc / gamertag even tho my tag was the same as before i went live it was all gone as if i'd never done them
Gutted!!!

MisaaAmane
01-10-2010, 08:51 PM
sounds to me like you'll have to re-do.
may be if you logged on on your old xbox, if thats the case, it would upload them online.
other than that, why did you have to recover your GT if you simply just added live?
>.>

|oneyedNewb|
01-10-2010, 10:41 PM
Just a quick question, you didnt 1k these games offline did you? just dusted off the single player? Well, I assume cause you wouldnt have done Forza 3.

BWest21
01-11-2010, 05:54 AM

thanks for the outburst of ignorance... but that has nothing to do with this situation or probably any other one.. ever...on another note this same thing happened to me and sorry to say if they dont work like the forza ones then they are gone.. it truly is heart wrenching to think about some of the achievements i had to get... twice :(

MisaaAmane
01-11-2010, 06:05 AM
thanks for the outburst of ignorance... but that has nothing to do with this situation or probably any other one.. ever...

well if your xbox has never been connected to internet, there is no way of recovering any info about your GT as it is done through xbl >.>
So i don't see how its an outburst of ignorance what he said..
I does apply to very many situations where people just didn't give that fact a thought lol..
And it does apply to this situation as the xbox wasn't connected to the internet at the time he got those achievements as I understood from his post. xD
No need to point fingers at whos stupid and whos not, its just silly lol

JohnnyR74
01-11-2010, 06:17 AM
This happened to me a couple of years ago. I brought my Hard Drive over to a friends house, and recovered my GT so I could get some achievements. After I went home, I was unable to recover my profile. I played offline for about a month until I was finally able to recover my GT.

When I signed in, I went from 7800G down to about 5600G. I lost all my Saints Row, Assassin's Creed, and RSV1 achievements. Although once I played Assassin's Creed again, it gave me all my achievements back for that game. I got a popup saying "Achievement unlocked - 32 for 735G" or something like that. For the other games, I just had to play to get my achievements back. It sucks, but it happens.

gamerguy69
01-11-2010, 07:47 AM
This happened to me a couple of years ago. I brought my Hard Drive over to a friends house, and recovered my GT so I could get some achievements.

Wait a second. Isn't the whole point of carrying your HDD to connect to another console so that you DON'T HAVE TO RECOVER YOUR GamerTAG??? :confused: