PDA

View Full Version : help - 3rd Beam Puzzle [elevating columns part] clarification

euanpetrie
01-10-2010, 06:53 PM
So just to clarify, I tried reading peoples reply on this and don't quite understand it. You put a teleporter on one column that you can see, and one in the room your in. Watching through the one in the room you can see that there's another portal on the other elevating column [direction is opposite from you], do I just wait till its lined up and go through the portal and shoot as soon as I come out the otherside? Is this just a matter of timing or what? Because I tried for an hour last night and can't figure it out, nor find any video or message boards to help discuss it in detail. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

euanpetrie
01-10-2010, 09:54 PM
bumpity bizzle

II OE II
01-10-2010, 11:07 PM
it is a matter of timing, use the portal spot on the wall and hit the first one on the column. then looking through the one on the wall make another portal when the next spot comes into sight (may require patience) and then the portal on the wall should disappear (it did for me at least). next, check the columns from inside the room and remove the portal you can see and place it back on the wall. The final time placing the portal comes next i believe.. shoot a charged portal through the wall onto the last portal spot and hop through when you see a clearing. If this is a bit confusing send me a chat request on xbox live.

II OE II

euanpetrie
01-10-2010, 11:41 PM
Thanks for that, i'll give it a try, makes sense to me now!. And by the number of views I'm sure its helped others out too!

SatNiteEduardo
01-12-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for this post. I read it and got ready to time it perfectly but accidentally moved too far and got through by accident lol.

Now for a noob question. I have the key but where is the door I need to unlock? I am sure I will kick myself because I swear I have been everyhwere but I have not found a door you need a key for.

NerfTurbo
01-12-2010, 04:07 PM
where is the bomb to destroy the red crystals in this area?

NerfTurbo
01-12-2010, 04:36 PM
nevermind just got it