PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Dashboard Themes

BiFz
01-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Dear Readers,

I have decided to start making customizable Xbox 360 Dashboard Themes.
The theme will contain any pictures you want (e.g. game character) your name (e.g. BiFz Dashboard/Xbox 360) and the colours of your choice.

Happily I would like to announce that the themes are FREE! However, as they are free I will be putting (Made by BiFz) somewhere SMALL on the screen.

To see a preview of a theme click on the post attachment. (The theme will be bigger!)

If you want more information, contact me by PMing me and sending email to my contact email located in my signature. To recieve you theme I will have to send you it by e-mail. To get a theme, leave a reply with your email adress (if you dont want to tell everyone your email, send it to me in a PM :))

I will try and do the theme as fast as I can
Thanks,
BiFz

davhth4
01-10-2010, 10:19 PM
What software you using?

And why put a copyright on it? No one but the person using it can use it...

And do we just put this image on our xbox and then set as custom background?

and At least show us some of your previous work.

Do you only have halo or quake font or is that all your giving people the choice of?

qu1ck2sh00t
01-11-2010, 02:11 AM
What software you using?

Do you only have halo or quake font or is that all your giving people the choice of?

1. He's probably using Photoshop.

2. If the person who uses his background/wallpaper makes videos his name will come up and then everyone would know where said user got it from.

3. In order for you to use it you must own a flash/USB drive to copy and paste the image on it then hook it up through USB port on the Xbox and then go view pictures and use the image as a wallpaper/background.

4. I agree and want to see of his previous work too.

5. Well if he is indeed using Photoshop then he can use different fonts. If he isn't then I think it is a big pile of BS.

davhth4
01-11-2010, 02:14 AM
He isnt using other fonts he is using just quake font or halo font. As he stated. Which I dont even understand why you would do that?

bapae
01-11-2010, 02:35 AM
Id love my own custom theme that would be awesome.

Gackt
01-11-2010, 03:18 AM
This should be in the media section.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=295

Not sure why you only will do them via email either...would be alot quicker to just post them on here when you are done. Uploaded to a photo sharing site.

Indyy xXx
01-11-2010, 03:55 AM
for some reason i dont trust this guy it seems a little fishy to me :p idk why :p

BiFz
01-11-2010, 08:19 AM
What software you using?

I use Paint.NET

Well I put Copywright on it so some people might say if they have a friend round e.g. 'I made it'

You need some kind of hard drive. Put the hard drive in the Xbox got to Pic Libary and find the image and hit Y!

Well just them 2 fonts and all the custom fonts/

BiFz
01-11-2010, 08:21 AM
Sorry :P

Thanks that what I will do!

BiFz
01-11-2010, 08:22 AM
Im not lol I swear.

I will be posting a picture of my theme that I have for my xbox. However I will have to do it tonight as I have to go to school now :P

[Waggly Bean]
01-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Nice idea having customised ones, but I don't think you should put 'Made by...' on it anywhere. It'll ruin it IMO. :)

bapae
01-11-2010, 12:28 PM
;2690845']Nice idea having customised ones, but I don't think you should put 'Made by...' on it anywhere. It'll ruin it IMO. :) True and nobody is really going to see it except maybe a few friends or something so there not really any point to it.

BiFz
01-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Ok a few updates.

I will be uploading the pictures to a picture sharing site (PLEASE POST A REPLY ON THE BEST PICTURE SHARING SITE) and posting them onto this thread. (Meaning It will not be necessary to provide your e-mail)

I will be removing 'Made by..' as I can see the point now :p

And the attachment in this post is MY XBOX THEME that I use, just to show you my work!

If you have any more questions please ask via reply, PM, or e-mail.

Thanks,
BiF

davhth4
01-11-2010, 05:02 PM
We didnt think you were going to use that exact thing as a template. That is realy bad. It looks like someone did it in paint in 2 minutes

No blending at all or anything.

2 images and text slapped onto a simple very simple background.

I would go easy on saying its okay but its not.

By the way im not trying to say dont do them im just saying who would want it to look that bad.

I wouldnt ever consider having that as my background and I am sure it probaly is the wrong size.

Tell me that TM one is a joke? Show us some of your real and good work.

1920 x 1080 pixels is the size you should use.

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs38/i/2008/327/a/8/Xbox_NXE_Wallpaper_Template_by_AlCozzi.jpg
use that template as yours is rubbish.

and watch this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=380GXuumde0

the_b1ues
01-11-2010, 05:04 PM
Yeh thats just two images cut out onto a black and white background lol. The images havnt even been cut out problery sorry mate keep trying.

davhth4
01-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Also use planetrenders.net since you cant work with stock images and you are very bad at cutting your own images.

Here is the kind of thing I was expecting from you.

My example I made in 10 mins.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3461/35971154.jpg

BiFz
01-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Have your opinion. That TM cant be seen and I only put that on mine as I was board. And If you read you would know that it wasnt the right size as I had to make it smaller for you to see it. And In the template you COULD HAVE ANY DESIGN.

BiFz
01-11-2010, 07:04 PM
I didn't cut them myself. There renders.

BiFz
01-11-2010, 07:07 PM
That Template IS THE ONE I USED. The reasson mine isn't the same as you can see the top of the design making it look better.

davhth4
01-11-2010, 07:07 PM
You got that call of duty render?????? OMG :L lol. worst render ever lol. and we knew you couldnt see the TM that wasnt the problem. Your still sticking renders on background with no border.

BTW there is an edit button here for a reason so you dont need to make 3 posts ;)

And make sure your renders you choose are better cut out in the future instead of that MW2 one you got.

rf0t0
01-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Also use planetrenders.net since you cant work with stock images and you are very bad at cutting your own images.

Here is the kind of thing I was expecting from you.

My example I made in 10 mins.

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/3461/35971154.jpg

more or less what i was thinking he did as well/

BiFz
01-11-2010, 07:33 PM
more or less what i was thinking he did as well/

I did not draw this,

Paint.NET has custom effects.

Yes I know the MW2 render is quite bad. But I never said you had too have it. And why is there need for a border?

davhth4
01-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Border? what border? No one mentioned a border? I said blending.

EDIT: OOOPPPS I did say border. I ment blending.

BiFz
01-11-2010, 07:44 PM
Ok. The reason my themes may look bad is because I am not a pro image maker.

davhth4
01-11-2010, 07:47 PM
I guess that lol but just saying I would get better before expecting people to want to have work made by you since what you are doing basicly anyone can do. you will get better soon.

BiFz
01-11-2010, 08:03 PM
I am practicing. I will keep posting the ones I think are my best.

rf0t0
01-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Well we all start somewhere, so good luck i guess.

[Waggly Bean]
01-12-2010, 10:32 PM
Example 3 is getting more on track, but it's still very plain...

You do need a lot of practise before anyone would consider asking you to make them a theme... :rolleyes:

I would also advise dropping Paint.NET and downloading GIMP, which is also free. And arguably far better. ;)

BiFz
01-13-2010, 09:24 PM
I may change my software as a may be getting a new laptop soon so then I will download the new software.