PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Data Transfer Kit

Muhnamana
01-10-2010, 11:09 PM
So a buddy of mine got a used HDD for Christmas. It didn't come with a transfer cable but luckily I had an extra one. Well turns out you need the disc as well, which I haven't been able to find since its been months since I transferred my data.

He mentioned that it would cost some money to have one ordered. I know when I called MS they sent one out to me for free.

Is MS still sending these out for free or will he have to cough up some money and buy one?

Fizzmatix
01-10-2010, 11:21 PM
You now have to buy the cable, it's not expensive but they started to change. I think they decided so many people ask for the cables and disk they want to make money from it.

Tobes v1
01-11-2010, 01:07 AM
If you do a quick search online, you could probably find a forum/site that has a pass-along data transfer cable that you could sign up for. I probably can't post any links here, but that's how I got my cable.

Beatonator
01-11-2010, 02:23 PM
Mine was free.

(UK) Give them a call, it cant hurt.:)

Think they charge if you dont buy it new.
They asked me for my Serial number of my new console and my old console.

stevedb79
01-11-2010, 06:04 PM
hi
ive just paid for mine but a friend wants to use it if he can....can i give him my disc and cable to use once im done????
i thought it was a one time transfer cable???(burnt itself out or something??)

Muhnamana
01-11-2010, 06:57 PM
hi
ive just paid for mine but a friend wants to use it if he can....can i give him my disc and cable to use once im done????
i thought it was a one time transfer cable???(burnt itself out or something??)

I think they refer to the one time transfer if you transfer data from HDD A to HDD B, you can't turn around and transfer back to HDD A. I would also think you could transfer from HDD B to HDD C, etc.

Sinfulfate
01-11-2010, 07:20 PM
To answer the original question, you don't need the software cd to transfer data from one HDD to another. As long as you have the cable all you need to do is hook up your HDD to your pc and use the xplorer360 program to manaully transfer data from one HDD to another. Thats what I did when I bought my 120gb off of ebay.

Muhnamana
01-12-2010, 02:48 PM
To answer the original question, you don't need the software cd to transfer data from one HDD to another. As long as you have the cable all you need to do is hook up your HDD to your pc and use the xplorer360 program to manaully transfer data from one HDD to another. Thats what I did when I bought my 120gb off of ebay.

Wouldn't that kinda be considered hacking, in some way? I see the process behind it but I'd be a little concerned doing that.

CaptainSpanner
01-13-2010, 12:34 AM
I would also think you could transfer from HDD B to HDD C, etc.
I think thats how it works. Once the data has been wiped from HDD A, its logged and cant have data put back on it with the cable.