PDA

View Full Version : EA servers

Minty
03-03-2006, 03:41 PM
what a load of gash

i have been disconnected from the server 6 times in the last 2 hours ::)

DaveWilma07
03-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Yep, their burnout 3 servers are just as bad. :(

Minty
03-03-2006, 04:22 PM
fantastic!! burnout will be fun on the 360 then :o

DaveWilma07
03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
lol, we can pray I guess! I hope they pull their fingers out. I mean how hard can it be to maintain a server? We manage it at work, why cant they dammit! :)

Webb
03-05-2006, 04:44 PM
I know how you feel. Just been trying to play some tournaments (which don't use spin which I never knew :)) and lost the connection from about 5 out of 10 :mad: which has pissed me off.

Oh yeah, Minty, listened to ya message from ages ago too, lol, I know what you mean :p

The Fjomp
03-05-2006, 04:55 PM
it's somewaht strange that a big and wellknow comapany like EA let's their servers be in a so crappy shape. they could have fixed it if the wanted to. Maybe people should boicot ea games for a while. :confused:

Webb
03-05-2006, 04:57 PM
The thing with a big company and boycotting, is that they won't really miss our business. Maybe we ought to set up some kind of petition cause every EA game I have ever played online has been horrible. I mean, how can you get booted so often :confused:

Webb
03-05-2006, 06:47 PM
Argh :mad: Again and again!!!!! How am I ever gonna get these achievements if I can never finish a tournament, the hole in ones and eagles are flying in too :mad:

Out of 3 tournaments, I only completed 1!!!!! Plus, it doesn't store your stats for the round that you lose connection with!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::m ad::mad::mad:

Damn you EA and your shitty servers!!! :mad::mad:

Rant over :p

DaveWilma07
03-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I can normally get through a tournament without the EA server kicking me.. but today I couldnt manage it. Perhaps they are really suffering today.... or perhaps they in-advertently switched the power off to the server! Makes you wonder who works for them, lol.

Minty
03-05-2006, 11:58 PM
I know how you feel. Just been trying to play some tournaments (which don't use spin which I never knew :)) and lost the connection from about 5 out of 10 :mad: which has pissed me off.

Oh yeah, Minty, listened to ya message from ages ago too, lol, I know what you mean :p

haa ha, forgot about that :p

some tournaments will let you use spin- its when its set to tour settings that you cant

but the petition is a good idea, although EA will most likely not recognise it....

Webb
03-06-2006, 03:40 AM
We must get the numbers. I reckon thousands can make a difference. Spread the word, visit forums, etc.

thieflordgamer
03-06-2006, 03:44 AM
im all in. havent played this game, but im willing to join the purpose lol. ea's been kinda half-assing stuff lately.

KillarPenguin
03-06-2006, 03:48 AM
I'll sign it. The servers for FIFA are almost as horrible. Some days I can't even sign in to create a match.

BucklingLeader
03-06-2006, 03:55 AM
EA Servers on PS2 = Crap
EA Servers on Xbox = Crap
EA Servers on Xbox 360 = Crap

'nuff said...

makes me wonder how EA has crappy console servers..but their servers for BF2 and BF2:SF are really good

KillarPenguin
03-06-2006, 04:01 AM
BF2 and BF2:SF servers are all run on dedicated servers for each individual server. I'm thinking the console ones are so crappy because they use one server for hundreds of games, and will overload sometimes.

DaveWilma07
03-06-2006, 01:54 PM
You've got a point there Penguin.

Waaaaaaaak
03-06-2006, 11:05 PM
DaWebbmeister, it's only tour mode on Sundays. The rest of the week you can use spin in the tournament of the day.

There are several petitions, like the one that's just been started, on similar forums. I doubt they'll make any difference, but there's no harm in trying.

Webb
03-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Arrrrrr, I see. Fancy my first tournament being tour day, ha ha. :D

Agree about the petition, surely if there is alot going on in other forums about it then they might realise and do something about it.

Tonloc79
03-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Arrrrrr, I see. Fancy my first tournament being tour day, ha ha. :D

Agree about the petition, surely if there is alot going on in other forums about it then they might realise and do something about it.
They realize it, they just dont give a shit! F-EA!

DaveWilma07
03-09-2006, 03:11 PM
If its not the EA Servers, its the damn disc! Ive just lost my +4 winning streak because it told me the disc needed cleaning! I could cry...

Waaaaaaaak
03-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Can't remember last time I took my TW disc out! How sad is that???

Just had this response from EA:

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

We are currently looking into this issue with Microsoft since it started right around when they released their latest patch in March. We hope to have this resolved soon.

Sounds a bit more promising.

Webb
03-10-2006, 02:17 PM
Was that response regarding the servers?

Waaaaaaaak
03-10-2006, 02:26 PM
It was. First they tried to tell me that everyone's routers had simultaneously developed problems (stupid EA), but after another email, they acknowledged the problem with the message above.

Haven't been kicked off quite as often recently, but it is still happening.

DaveWilma07
03-10-2006, 04:23 PM
at least they are aware of the issue now, and have responded to these complaints. Hopefully we'll see something done about it soon.

DaKing240
03-10-2006, 09:10 PM
Issue now? When was it not an issue? It has ALWAYS been an issue with EA.

Waaaaaaaak
03-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Having only played online since getting a 360 (in December), I can't really argue. The current (Tiger) problem did only start to affect all the people I've spoken to at the end of Feb tho.

Yes, quite often the connection to my opponent would be lost, but only recently have I been disconnected from the EA server involuntarily.

Is it a recent problem for most people?