PDA

View Full Version : Turtlebeach/Astro w/o mic

brk3
01-11-2010, 01:21 PM
Hi Guys,

Recently have been hearing about the advantage these headsets can give for online gaming in regards to hearing the location of footsteps, explosions etc. and the general great sound.

I would go and order a set of turtlebeach or something, except for the fact I don't like the mic built in. I guess that's what makes these gaming headsets, but I usually always mute the players I'm playing with; I don't want to hear some 13 year old's latest rap, never mind talk back :P

So, what makes these headsets so special. Could anyone recommend good headphones that give similar sound quality without the built in mic?

0o0 ALEX 0o0
01-11-2010, 02:03 PM
I have the Turtle beach X1's currently and they are amazing for the price (I payed 45) As for other headsets without the Mic, I'm not sure but a normal over head good quality pair of headphones MIGHT work but I'm not sure, but All the turtle beaches, astro's have a mute feature and with the x1's you can move the mic up so its parallel and out the way.
I must say again though how good these headsets are, I can't play on normal Tv sound now it just sounds so tinny.

BooseyGirl
01-11-2010, 10:11 PM
I'm on the MLG Pro Circuit, so the only headset that I use is my MLG Astro's and I have to say, they're quite literally amazing. They feature Dolby 5.1 Digital Surround Sound, interchangeable between the 360, PS3, and PC, The MixAMP allows you to control how loud the in game chat is and the actual volume of the game because you hear everything through the headset. The Mic is also optional to plug in, so if you don't feel like talking/listening to the chat, you don't have to.

The Astro's are a pretty penny ($249.99 USD) but completely worth it. I've had mine for about 3 years now and I absolutely love them. Then again I would only recommend them for a "Hardcore" gamer, otherwise the investment isn't any good. I use them for everything, Gaming, iPod, PC and I love them.

I used Turtle Beach for a while before the Astro's came out and they were okay for what I was using them for. I need to hear everything crystal clear because the background noise at the tournaments is insane. The Astro's feature extra padding to block out external noise which is really helpful, and at the same time I'm able to hear everything going on around me in game, footsteps, grenades, and my teammates talking to me.

ghosty2478
01-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Ive got a pair of x41's and to hear chat you have to plug the mic wire into the controller and i assune that this is the case with the other turtle beaches, hope this helps:)