PDA

View Full Version : Question for anybody that works at Gamestop

Mister Buds
01-11-2010, 06:14 PM
ok, seeing as army of two: the 40th day comes out tomorrow, i started looking for my receipt. i also have a $10 off coupon from pre-ordering left 4 dead 2. both of these have mysteriously disappeared.

i have never thrown a receipt out in my life. i have shoeboxes full of them. i looked through all 500 or so three times now. my pre-order and coupon are not there.

i had the game completely paid off too. problem is they didn't ask for my name or even my phone number when i pre-ordered it. so there's no way they could look me up in the computer, is there?

bapae
01-11-2010, 06:17 PM
Umm i don't know if they can look for your transaction on there computers if you knew the time and date you got it. and did you pay with cash or a credit card cause if you used a credit card they can find it im sure.

Mister Buds
01-11-2010, 06:25 PM
nope, cold cash. i don't own a credit card. this is the biggest fucking shred of my life.

bapae
01-11-2010, 06:41 PM
nope, cold cash. i don't own a credit card. this is the biggest fucking shred of my life. did you maybe leave it in the pockets of your pants/shorts and wash it or maybe you put it in one of those places that you say "Ill put it here so i don't forget/loose it" but you end up forgetting about it or loosing it anyway.

Hope you find it though i would be pissed if i was out $60.

A ZombieTwinkie
01-11-2010, 06:52 PM
My girlfriend works at GameStop. I'd gladly ask her for you, but she's currently sleeping. If she wakes up before I take off for work, I'll ask her. Otherwise, it'll be after I get off tonight -about 11 p.m. CST- when I'll be able to reply.

My question is, though, how did they take a reservation if they didn't ask your name / number? They kind of need that information for a res.

rf0t0
01-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Have you been to this place a lot? maybe they already had all your information already saved in their data base? but i got two questions... 500 receipts? is it really 500 or did you just throw out a random guess? and lastly how could you be so careless.

Mister Buds
01-11-2010, 07:07 PM
did you maybe leave it in the pockets of your pants/shorts and wash it or maybe you put it in one of those places that you say "Ill put it here so i don't forget/loose it" but you end up forgetting about it or loosing it anyway.

Hope you find it though i would be pissed if i was out $60.

well, if i did leave it in a pocket of my pants it would be history by now. i reserved it early last month and my clothes have been washed many times since then.

My girlfriend works at GameStop. I'd gladly ask her for you, but she's currently sleeping. If she wakes up before I take off for work, I'll ask her. Otherwise, it'll be after I get off tonight -about 11 p.m. CST- when I'll be able to reply.

My question is, though, how did they take a reservation if they didn't ask your name / number? They kind of need that information for a res.

seriously, i've never once been asked for my phone number when pre-ordering, but i don't reserve all that many games.

anyway, i'm hoping things work out as i called the gamestop i reserved at and asked who was working tomorrow morning, and it's a guy i see in there all the time and i know that he took my pre-order. i'll also have my try to check the computers as i know i reserved on a saturday in december and paid the whole $60 then. and if all else fails, my mom's giving me the money and i'll pay her back when i get my paycheck this week.

EDIT:

Have you been to this place a lot? maybe they already had all your information already saved in their data base? but i got two questions... 500 receipts? is it really 500 or did you just throw out a random guess? and lastly how could you be so careless.

lol, yeah 500 was just an estimate. good amount of receipts though. you have a good point though, i do go to this gamestop a lot since it's closest too me and they very well might have my phone number from some time in the past.

i don't really see how i was careless though, i'd say i'm pretty careful if i save all my receipts for when something like this happens. i always put my pre-order receipts straight into my wallet, that's why i was so surprised to see it wasn't there.

A ZombieTwinkie
01-11-2010, 07:42 PM
anyway, i'm hoping things work out as i called the gamestop i reserved at and asked who was working tomorrow morning, and it's a guy i see in there all the time and i know that he took my pre-order. i'll also have my try to check the computers as i know i reserved on a saturday in december and paid the whole $60 then. and if all else fails, my mom's giving me the money and i'll pay her back when i get my paycheck this week.

My girlfriend said that since they need your info, they probably knew you - and as you said you knew the guy who's working there - he probably just typed it all in. You could call 'em up again and 'check' on your res to see how much more you owe.

I know I've lost receipts before, and all they asked me for is my number and I everything was alright. Im sure everything will pan out. I know how you feel though... I reserved Starcraft: Ghost - remember that game that was supposed to happen? Yea, paid it off, come to find out it got trashed shortly after, and never got my money back because of a dirty manager that stole $15,000 from the store.

ITD Soldierboy
01-11-2010, 10:47 PM
ok, seeing as army of two: the 40th day comes out tomorrow, i started looking for my receipt. i also have a $10 off coupon from pre-ordering left 4 dead 2. both of these have mysteriously disappeared.

i have never thrown a receipt out in my life. i have shoeboxes full of them. i looked through all 500 or so three times now. my pre-order and coupon are not there.

i had the game completely paid off too. problem is they didn't ask for my name or even my phone number when i pre-ordered it. so there's no way they could look me up in the computer, is there?

Unless we know you by heart, we have to ask you your phone number. It's how we keep track of who preordered what.

Just out of curiosity, have you recieved a call from the animated messaging computer? The one that says "HI! This is Ashley from Gamestop, calling to let you know that -Insert Game Name Here- will be available for pickup tomorrow -insert date here-?

If you received that call, then do not worry, since you have Army of Two preordered under that phone number. If you haven't, don't freak out, since I believe we don't do that for all reserves. But seeing as its Army of Two, I'd give your local shop a call and ask.

Mister Buds
01-12-2010, 03:45 AM
Unless we know you by heart, we have to ask you your phone number. It's how we keep track of who preordered what.

Just out of curiosity, have you recieved a call from the animated messaging computer? The one that says "HI! This is Ashley from Gamestop, calling to let you know that -Insert Game Name Here- will be available for pickup tomorrow -insert date here-?

If you received that call, then do not worry, since you have Army of Two preordered under that phone number. If you haven't, don't freak out, since I believe we don't do that for all reserves. But seeing as its Army of Two, I'd give your local shop a call and ask.

sweet. i did get that call earlier today. what's really awesome is the message really was from an ashely and it was hilarious because she was like screaming but sounded happy at the same time.

pinksheets
01-12-2010, 11:02 AM
They'll be able to look it up by last name/zip code or your phone number, you just need to have photo ID with you. However, your $10 off is probably dust in the wind, unless they have extra coupons lying around, which isn't likely at this point.

AltruismIsDead
01-12-2010, 11:41 AM
Have you tried looking in your wallet? For me personally that is where I keep my pre-order receipts, or on the fridge with magnets...

But also like people mentioned before, if you got a call from that automated message, they have you on record (otherwise they wouldn't have been able to call you ;) )

Also, I don't know if it's long gone by now, but if you also purchased something the day you reserved your game could that bag have your $10 coupon and your receipt?

Always remember, it's in the last place you check, because once you find it you don't have to check anywhere else. :p

zTiamaTz
01-12-2010, 05:15 PM
Gamestop takes your info when you pre-order a game. If you have one of the card they give out, they would have scanned it when you pre-ordered. I don't even give them a reciept when I pick up a game, I just give them the card or my phone number and they pull it right up.

I hope it works out for you, I'd hate to see someone lose a paid off game...