PDA

View Full Version : Music Games Question

dmister
01-11-2010, 06:49 PM
I am thinking of getting Lego Rock Band as it looks quite cool and you can also download Rock Band games and it would be good fun with my family however I was wondering what instruments work with it especially guitars! If I buy any Guitar Hero or Rock Band guitar will it work and where would a good place to be to get them? I don`t have any guitars or anything for the 360 yet but do have a guitar hero wii one!

v_thorne
01-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Welcome to the site. We do have a search function for future use, as this question has been answered many times before.

All Rock Band instruments are compatible with Guitar Hero games.
All Guitar Hero instruments are compatible with Rock Band games.

So in the end, it doesn't matter which instruments you pick out. It's your preference.

davhth4
01-11-2010, 07:02 PM
There is heaps of thread like this on here and google. Try the internet to buy one and no a wii controller wont work for xbox.

Nearly any guitar controller will work.

( I was beaten to it by a ninja )

dmister
01-11-2010, 07:03 PM
Thanks I was just wondering as it is quite hard to find out online!

Capn Doug
01-11-2010, 08:02 PM
There are two caveats to the "complete cross compatibility:"

1) Apparently, Rock Band Guitars will not work with some early Guitar Hero Games.

2) The Drum sets have slight issues. The Rock Band drums can not play tutorials on Guitar Hero Games, which only matters if there is an achievement for the tutorials (which there is in some games). The Guitar Hero Drums have an extra cymbal which is non-functional in Rock Band.

That being said, I have found the Rock Band instruments to be superior to the more recent Guitar Hero instruments. In fact, my friends will bring their own Rock Band guitars over rather than use the guitar that came with Guitar Hero World Tour. So keep all this in mind.

balance13
01-11-2010, 08:11 PM
That being said, I have found the Rock Band instruments to be superior to the more recent Guitar Hero instruments. In fact, my friends will bring their own Rock Band guitars over rather than use the guitar that came with Guitar Hero World Tour. So keep all this in mind.

Really did they fix the Rockband guitars since the last time I played?

davhth4
01-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Il have a look I answered in a thread like this and had a site with a table showing what guitar and drums work with what.

EDIT: http://www.joystiq.com/Instrument-Compatibility-Matrix/

Have a look, the instruments that work with RB2 work with Lego rockband and the beatles and such.

dmister
01-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Thanks so much for the help! Was getting confused!